Tattoos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A whole pokemon sleeve? I can't wait to see that design! That'll be amazing!! My favorite is Bulbasaur, but I also really love Arcanine- so we will see. I'm not sure yet.
Aww a Bulbasaur would be adorable. My plan is to have the upper half be eevee+evolutions, while they are doing some type of attack. Mainly a huge rainbow explosion XD The lower arm will most likely be a water pokemon theme, because they are my favorite type :) Havent decided if it will extend past my wrist. Im still deciding if i want hand tattoos :p
(Also my friends have been trying to convince me for years to get a pokeball in my armpit LOL)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Aww a Bulbasaur would be adorable. My plan is to have the upper half be eevee+evolutions, while they are doing some type of attack. Mainly a huge rainbow explosion XD The lower arm will most likely be a water pokemon theme, because they are my favorite type :) Havent decided if it will extend past my wrist. Im still deciding if i want hand tattoos :p
(Also my friends have been trying to convince me for years to get a pokeball in my armpit LOL)
That sounds amazing!! I love it!

Reactions: 1 user
I wanted to get all the eveelutions, but I'm hesitant because it needs to be somewhere where I have enough room to add more lol. I was thinking about maybe doing like a tree or tango line down my rib cage. If I get accepted this year, I want to get Gir from Invader Zim riding eevee tattoo.

Yes, yes, and yes (I like some of the less popular characters a lot too, though :laugh:). Can't wait for ME4 and Dragon Age 3!

Omg I think I may have to use my vacation time when DA3 comes out. Seriously, I have spent too much time on that game series.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One of my tattoos before it was filled in. Gotta see if I can find one with color.. Getting a tattoo tomorrow! So excited!

Attachments

• DSC02050.JPG
    DSC02050.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 234
Had anyone heard of, or better yet gotten, a sak yant tattoo?

I guess I can post my silly little stick n poke tattoo on my wrist that I did myself. Not sure if anyone knows where it's from, but if so, you are awesome. :)
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1392611916.091946.jpg

Pahhhh... wanna show my tattoo, would need to take off pants though. Will wait til class is over.

Had anyone heard of, or better yet gotten, a sak yant tattoo?

My boyfriend's mom is from Thailand and he's shown me the sak yant tattoos, they are amazing! I don't know anyone who has gotten one though

image.jpg

On my right proximal-lateral femur. Please don't quote.

I don't know how I missed this thread! I love everyone's tattoos! Here's mine ... I've been exploring the idea of going up my leg but I'm not sure what I want to add :rolleyes: I also need to have fins added to my fish, ha!

upload_2014-2-19_10-16-32.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My boyfriend's mom is from Thailand and he's shown me the sak yant tattoos, they are amazing! I don't know anyone who has gotten one though

I'm going this summer and I came across them. It's intriguing and I like the idea minus the whole sterility issue...

The tattoo question comes up pretty regularly here (I don't even read the tattoo threads anymore....). Saw this and thought some of y'all for whom it is a concern might find it interesting: http://www.npr.org/2014/02/21/28021...-to-hide-tattoos-from-the-neck-up?ft=1&f=1001

Couple notes: It's for employment interviews, not vet school interviews. They are very similar, but not the same. Also, it's not specific to vet med. Still; the business world is the business world for the most part.

My new-ish tat, got it in the fall. The vines go all the way up my shoulder and around my arm.
For the record, I keep my tattoos well covered in school and even during school related extracurriculars. I'm not ashamed of them, I just like to keep my private life private, and my professional life professional. I think of my tattoos like my cleavage, best left out of the workplace ;)

Attachments

• 0221142134a.jpg
    0221142134a.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 150
I guess I can post my silly little stick n poke tattoo on my wrist that I did myself. Not sure if anyone knows where it's from, but if so, you are awesome. :)

Konohagakure! :X3:

You pay!? Free is the only way I go.

Sure do. No ads, get it the next day after airing, and supports series that I want to continue (looking at you, AoT!). I can part with less than $7/month. I get more out of it than what I pay, so money well spent in my opinion. :)

Sure do. No ads, get it the next day after airing, and supports series that I want to continue (looking at you, AoT!). I can part with less than $7/month. I get more out of it than what I pay, so money well spent in my opinion. :)

Alright...I suppose it makes sense. The only show I'm watching right now that has current episodes is Naruto, and I'm several months behind, so I can catch up on narutoget or some other site. And they usually have it available the day it comes out as well.

Bumping this because I'm getting my first tattoo tonight. I'm so freaking nervous. It's not really that bad right?

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of the texas wildflowers, maybe on my left rib cage

Bumping this because I'm getting my first tattoo tonight. I'm so freaking nervous. It's not really that bad right?

It's not :) It feels kind of weird and scratchy, and you may feel pinches in sensitive areas, but it's really not any sort of agonizing process. After a while you barely feel it because your body naturally sends our endorphins, etc.

It's not :) It feels kind of weird and scratchy, and you may feel pinches in sensitive areas, but it's really not any sort of agonizing process. After a while you barely feel it because your body naturally sends our endorphins, etc.

Unless it's on the top of your foot (can't speak to other bony areas though) :)

You'll be fine hedgie! It kind of feels like nails scratching over a sunburn ... That's how I would describe it.

I have a full chestpiece that most of the clinicians know about, a left half-sleeve, both my calves, my left thigh, and my inner right arm with work on them. It's no big deal at school.

A view of my left arm one is below:

Attachments

• 290612806_0f50554dd7.jpg
    290612806_0f50554dd7.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 201
I have a full chestpiece that most of the clinicians know about, a left half-sleeve, both my calves, my left thigh, and my inner right arm with work on them. It's no big deal at school.

Okay, but let's see your collarbones. Y'know, for science.

I would respectfully argue that a heavily tattooed man is viewed quite a bit differently than a heavily tattooed woman, especially in professional settings. And no offense to anyone, but I'm not talking about a few cute flowers or some animal paw prints on a woman, I mean large scale tattoos.
I would also note your affinity for skull tats. Me too-I'm a big fan! I love your work!

I got another tattoo today! It's to commemorate Emerson, the love of my life dog. He's an old man now and I can't even fathom a life without him.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1396750817.928213.jpg

And here's a picture of the handsome guy:

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1396750860.611144.jpg

945717_10151603510151553_1047643537_n.jpg

Love this thread! These are the only two I have. Wanting another one this summer though.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you!! I really am in love with my Tali one <3 I want to add Garrus and Liara for sure. Depends on how room I have and the detail. Other favorites are Grunt, Wrex, and Mordin.
Ahh Garrus he's my favorite. Always had him in my party.

Aside, I've been considering a tattoo for a while, it's just the whole 'professional' thing. Well, also my parent's disdain for the practice of it haha although that's much less a consideration for me. I really want to get a robot on top of my bicep, it'd probably be semi-visible in scrubs though. I just love the design of those classic robots and make fun of myself for being a cyborg.
D-Cell-Robot-Black-721935.jpg

robovet_online

Gluffalo - don't do it until you're 100% sure!

My parents are pretty anti-tattoo and I hid my first one from them for a few months ... they ended up caring less than I thought they would. Obviously if I had gotten some huge tattoo on my face they would've had a problem but otherwise they're cool. I'm in Southern California where tattoos are pretty common/acceptable and several people at the vet hospital where I work have visible tattoos in scrubs. Our boss doesn't seem bothered by it in the slightest - as long as the tattoos are tasteful and aren't offensive to someone. No clients have said anything or had a problem that I know of ;)

Gluffalo - don't do it until you're 100% sure!

My parents are pretty anti-tattoo and I hid my first one from them for a few months ... they ended up caring less than I thought they would. Obviously if I had gotten some huge tattoo on my face they would've had a problem but otherwise they're cool. I'm in Southern California where tattoos are pretty common/acceptable and several people at the vet hospital where I work have visible tattoos in scrubs. Our boss doesn't seem bothered by it in the slightest - as long as the tattoos are tasteful and aren't offensive to someone. No clients have said anything or had a problem that I know of ;)

Yeah good to know, and believe me I won't be doing it unless I'm completely behind it. I've had a couple ideas over the past few years and the robot one has stuck with me.

ZVwKv05.jpg

I always wear pants to interviews, so that wasn't an issue. We have a no-visible-tattoo policy in my class, but if twenty folks get to show their wrist tattoos, I don't plan on covering it.

I got a feral cat tattoo on my inner ankle tonight and I absolutely love it. I love the guy who did it too. He remembered me from my last tattoo and asked how my exams from around that time went. Ankle hurt worse than my shoulder though.
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1397788437.670212.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
I got a feral cat tattoo on my inner ankle tonight and I absolutely love it. I love the guy who did it too. He remembered me from my last tattoo and asked how my exams from around that time went. Ankle hurt worse than my shoulder though.
View attachment 180442
Ooo I really like that!

Move it up about 3 inches and you're at one of the least painful zones - too close to bone on the ankle but a nice calf muscle = perfect for wimps like me (which is where my tattoo is) :)

I'm getting my first tattoo on Tuesday. I got the line drawing last night and it's amazing. Coyote skull and some roses. (Not sure if I can share the picture on here, because it's not my artwork. But it is on the tattoo shop's public facebook page so I don't think they'd care if I shared it?) Anyway, I'll post a picture when it's done. I just had to post something here because I'm ridiculously excited about it. :D

Got my tattoo! (Please don't quote the picture, I'll take it down soon to remain somewhat anonymous.)
*poof*
Coverable by a scrubs shirt, because I'm not sure future employers and clients would consider a large skull tattoo to be professional...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
One of mine. 10 points to anyone who gets the molecule right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 161