delete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

awilly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble finding out the order of evolution for a lot of the phylum/classes we are supposed to know. Can't seem to find a full phylogenetic tree in my notes or online, can anyone confirm or deny this list, below:

First: Jawless (Agnatha) --> Cartilaginous (Chondrichtyes) --> THEN Bony (Osteichtys) --> ?
^ That's most important, can't confirm that anywhere.

Bryophytes --> Tracheophytes --> Spermatophytes --> Gymnosperms --> Angiosperms

Cnidarians --> Platyhelminthes --> Nematodes --> Molluscs --> Annelids --> Arthropods --> Echinoderms --> Chordates

Fish --> Amphibians --> Reptiles --> Birds --> Mammals

Great thread topic. I am struggling through trying to get a consistent grip on taxonomy + phylogeny. Seems like all the sources I have found so far jumble everything up and like so many things in bio all of it must be input into the brain and eventually with enough time and effort all the info sort of gets synthesized into some meaningful pattern at some point.

I AM ATTACHING A PDF THAT SUMMARIZED WHAT I'VE BEEN ABLE TO GLEAN FROM CLIFFS BIO AP TO THIS POINT.

Please review and comment SDN community!

Like the OP, I wish I had a clearer, more straightforward explanation and/or chart to clarify both taxonomy and phylogeny.

The PDF is the best I can come up with ar this point. My bio textbook just seems to muddy up the water.

I haven't looked at Alan's notes with these two perplexing topics in mind yet. Perhaps Alan's notes clarifies? don't know yet.

Attachments

• Cliffs Taxonomy 6-12.pdf
    10.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
There are great tables available on DATQvualt...I would attach them here but I don't want to violate any rules. I found DATQvualt tables the most helpful

This isn't much but I thought an easy way of remembering the order of ancestral vertebrates would be:

Jawless fish then bony fish.

Next, say: "A Real Bad Man"
Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds, Mammals

(DAT Destroyer's Biology #354}

Status
Not open for further replies.