TBR and Examkrackers, six months to study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tatarin1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow SDNers!

So this is my first post and it is about MCAT study schedule. I hope you guys can help me out with this.

I have TBR for PS and BS and Full Set of examkrackers, including the 1001 questions (and verbal). I have started reviewing the BR material and a question right away popped out: How should I approach this study schedule given I only have 6 mths to study? (planning to take in in April/May). I was thinking do a general review using the BR right now, without doing the practice passages and then, during the winter break, using the EK to solidify all that i learned and for the second semester just go crazy with practice questions. The only concern that I have is that without doing the practice passages while reviwing TBR, i feel like i wont learn much and forget stuff.
Does anyone have any idea?! Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey fellow SDNers!

So this is my first post and it is about MCAT study schedule. I hope you guys can help me out with this.

I have TBR for PS and BS and Full Set of examkrackers, including the 1001 questions (and verbal). I have started reviewing the BR material and a question right away popped out: How should I approach this study schedule given I only have 6 mths to study? (planning to take in in April/May). I was thinking do a general review using the BR right now, without doing the practice passages and then, during the winter break, using the EK to solidify all that i learned and for the second semester just go crazy with practice questions. The only concern that I have is that without doing the practice passages while reviwing TBR, i feel like i wont learn much and forget stuff.
Does anyone have any idea?! Thanks in advance!!

If you have taken all of your prereqs, I would just chill out for the next couple of months and study 4 months MAX. Trust me, I studied for 6 months and you will hit a point of diminishing returns after much longer than 100 days. I still scored well, but I believe I peaked early. Your head will tell you that you can study 8hrs/day for 6 months and that you will reap continual improvement, but this isn't the case for most people. Most people do best with shorter, more intense study rather than protracted less intense study.

If you want to do anything, just organize your attack plan (I suggest SN2ed's study plan from this board).

You also have the luxury of starting verbal practice with actual enjoyable reading material, so I would start reading some high-brow books and articles in your 2 months of "down time".

But, your arsenal looks very good. TBR and EK are a really good combo, and the books you have are similar to what I prepared with. If you do all of the G-chem and Physics passages from TBR, there is no reason you can't break a 12 in PS. Consider getting a few of their CBT's when you hit the home stretch.

thanks Segovia!
I definitely agree with you that 6 months of totally free time is probably too much to simply study only MCAT. I am also full time in college, so i actually study on the weekends, no time during the week. That way i go slow and not too crazy with the material.
Do you guys think, that reading material and leave practice questions for a later time, like in a couple of months would be a good idea? I just feel like its early now to tackle practice material :\

- 6 months is OK. Take as long as you need.
- The time goes by fast, especially if you're going to school full time
- Some students do better with a long comfortable study course, while others do better with a short intense study schedule; you know yourself and what works for you; think back to what worked and didn't work for the SAT
- Important to read AND do questions. Questions will highlight holes in your knowledge base, which can further guide your reading
- Good luck