TBR bio = worst book of all time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

listener23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Literal all of there question answers deal in unlikely extremes...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm probably an outlier here in that I read BOTH TBR biology books from cover to cover and I am working my way through answering the last 20 passages in the second book.

In my opinion the books are decent at best, the passages and explanations are also good. The way TBR bio works is that it teaches you through the passages not through the chapter.
For instance, I found that a lot of information was left out in the chapter on the cardiovascular system, muscle system, or even on prokaryotes. Eventually, there's a passage to cover these omitted things.
What I've begun to do is supplement BR with EK content and TPR passages, just in case BR forgot to explain something thoroughly.

Took the exam yesterday; prepared almost exclusively with TBR.

I think the convolution and obscurity was on-par with what was tested.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Took the exam yesterday; prepared almost exclusively with TBR.

I think the convolution and obscurity was on-par with what was tested.
Likewise, studied almost 100% using TBR bio, it is pretty lengthy but the questions that they ask get you thinking in the right way. For what it's worth, I was getting roughly half of the questions in the bio passages wrong, but I learned a lot from them and averaged 12 on my practice AAMC's BS.

OP, don't be discouraged - it's a good resource

Reactions: 1 user
TBR Bio has a ton of random facts and frustrating stuff that knowing won't help you with the real mcat. Take what you can from it and use other sources more. Princeton review hyperlearning does way better than it.

TBR Bio content review is overkill. Their passages depend a bit on their content review as well; however, it does make a great supplement to EK bio content review.

Their passages, if you disregard the absolute minute detail questions or insane calculations, are pretty much on par with AAMC so far. Maybe just a bit tougher, but not much. They prepare you well for AAMC bio I think.