TBR CBT SUCKS! I cannot believe it!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schlieren

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The verbal Passage IV in Berkeley Review's CBT 3 is EXACTLY THE SAME AS the verbal Passage III in AAMC CBT 9 ! I can not believe it! I did Berkeley's CBT 3 just 3 days ago, and then did AAMC CBT 9 this morning. I was demoralized when I saw a passage I just saw. Man, we practice on verbal passages so that we know how to deal with unfamiliar passages, but Berkeley Review defied this very purpose, especially as I wanted to estimate my score from AAMC exams!

Not to mention that Berkeley's CBT interface has so many bugs! Very often it does not allow me to review a finished CBT, showing "Developer Debug" error messages. I thought Berkeley's CBT would simulate the real CBT, but its interface does not look like AAMC's at all! If I pause during a session and then resume, the clock restarts from full 70 minutes. Unlike AAMC, it does not allow me to skip sessions, even during a review. Et cetera. Berkeley's CBT is such a waste of money, I'm really angry about it!

(To be fair, Berkeley's homestudy BOOKS are great. But forget about their CBTs)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The verbal Passage IV in Berkeley Review's CBT 3 is EXACTLY THE SAME AS the verbal Passage III in AAMC CBT 9 ! I can not believe it! I did Berkeley's CBT 3 just 3 days ago, and then did AAMC CBT 9 this morning. I was demoralized when I saw a passage I just saw. Man, we practice on verbal passages so that we know how to deal with unfamiliar passages, but Berkeley Review defied this very purpose, especially as I wanted to estimate my score from AAMC exams!

Not to mention that Berkeley's CBT interface has so many bugs! Very often it does not allow me to review a finished CBT, showing "Developer Debug" error messages. I thought Berkeley's CBT would simulate the real CBT, but its interface does not look like AAMC's at all! If I pause during a session and then resume, the clock restarts from full 70 minutes. Unlike AAMC, it does not allow me to skip sessions, even during a review. Et cetera. Berkeley's CBT is such a waste of money, I'm really angry about it!

Are you talking about that yeoman farmer passage? Because one of the TPR exams has that passage as well and when I got to the BR exams that was my 3rd time doing that passage :rolleyes: Dunno why companies do that, it's ******ed. Pissed me off as well.

Anyway, yeah, the format doesn't really represent AAMC's format...but if you can get past that, the exams are really great in terms of practice, and I think the verbal in those exams really helped me out.

^
i was pretty annoyed when i saw the agarian myth passage on the practice AAMC test after having taken the BR tests. to people who buy the BR tests, don't take verbal for test 3 if you intend to take all the AAMC tests.

anyways, i totally relate because i had a lot of the same problems as you. for one of the passages (one on chromatography/elution) the table is missing information needed to answer the questions. i think it was test 4 or 5.