TBR FL4 VR Psg 1 Q53 Arg Since when do we use outside knowledge?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student20000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is a bit silly, but I am frustrated by this question b/c I thought it was a no no to answer questions based on my outside knowledge.

The question is:
"From the info provided in paragraph 2, and using the definition of a "day" as the interval in which a body in space turns once on its axis of rotation, it is apparent that one lunar day is:"

Answer b) equal to one month on the Earth.

So, I was really surprised by this question. I spent all this time referring to paragraph 2 to find the answer based on the psg since I always assumed u are not to use outside common knowledge in answering these questions, but make inferences based on the passage. No where in the passage does it give a value for the rotation period/orbital period of the moon does it? Did i miss that?

I know this is common knowledge, but do you guys think this was a bad question? Is this the kind of thing we would see on the MCAT? I am so focused on making sure i focus on the passage, and so this made me doubt whether i need to be able to use outside info to answer questions as well.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have the TBR full lengths - if no one who has it replies, maybe you can post the paragraph (if allowed?).