TBR Full Length Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jbarrie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot about the TBR books, but have not seen any recent comments about the TBR full length exams. How similar is it to the real AAMC? How does each section compare to the AAMC?

Members don't see this ad.

They are much harder. But their scale compensates for its difficulty. So your scores on them should be very close to the scores for AAMC. (EXCEPT FOR VERBAL)

They are much harder. But their scale compensates for its difficulty. So your scores on them should be very close to the scores for AAMC. (EXCEPT FOR VERBAL)
Should your verbal scores on these exams be higher or lower than your AAMC scores?

Higher. There are too many questions about specific details like locations, dates, etc..

Members don't see this ad :)
Yikes. I've only taken one practice exam, which was TBR 1. I scored a 10 on VR, but now I am a bit worried. :scared:

I also scored 10 on TBR 1 verbal. I never got 10 on AAMC.
I get random score on verbal ranging 6~9.

Have to chime in that as hinted at above, TBR FL#1 has a slightly inflated verbal scale (by about a point it seems). It also has a particularly challenging PS section in terms of weird topics. The idea is that after you take it you hopefully get the realization that it's how you apply your PS and BS knowledge more than the volume of information you know.

I love all my TBR tests. They are truly a great combo of knowledge, application and teach me tons. I'm very grateful to prep with them. I feel very confident :)

So the final verdict is that TBR CBTs are good? Can you purchase them online or do you have to send money in and does it take a million years to get like TBR books?

So the final verdict is that TBR CBTs are good? Can you purchase them online or do you have to send money in and does it take a million years to get like TBR books?

I think they are pretty good, except for BS.
BS is way too detail-oriented. Also, the scale for TBR 5 is really ****ed up.

Reactions: 1 user
me think they are pretty good, except for BS.
BS is way too detail-oreinted. Also, the scale for TBR 5 is really ****** up.

Thanks brood!! Haven't heard from you in a while, SDN is not as lively without you. Hope all is well. btw did you use chad's videos for gchem phys or orgo? Debating about buying those.

Thanks brood!! Haven't heard from you in a while, SDN is not as lively without you. Hope all is well. btw did you use chad's videos for gchem phys or orgo? Debating about buying those.

I used it in the beginning, but I dont think it helped me that much. But I solely used chad's vids for orgo.

Thanks for the kind words :D

me think tbr questions do not depict the real mcat exam...me prefer the tpr...me is liking the tprh....looks so more like the real deal....me want to really pass d exam ooo...aha