TBR physics is a KILLER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Postictal Raiden

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just started my prep for the 6/21 test. I'm planning on utilizing EK for the most part, but I sometimes probe my comprehension with some TBR passages.

After finishing the first physics chapter (transitional motion), I got 70-80% correct on the EK questions, which I wouldn't consider bad for a starter. However, when I tried three of the TBR passages, I was overwhelmed with the difficulty of the passages. I missed most of the questions.

I feel like crap because I know that this chapter is supposed to be the "easy" one, and it will only keep getting worse.

Is TBR that hard, or am I really that bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, they're tough and that's why they're helpful. I have been getting my ass kicked for the past few months. Don't feel discouraged, just feel enlightened.

They're hard, but with through review of what you did wrong (keep a log!) it will help. I do the 3 passage review right after I study the chapter, then I do the full length practice test about a week or two later, so I minimize forgetting material. When it comes to full-lengths, you'll realize TBR prepared you well. I personally love their POE and shortcut hints in the answer. Saves tons of time!

Yea, TBR is difficult, especially if you don't have a solid foundation. If you can do good on TBR you'll do fine on the mcat (TBR goes more in depth than what i think is required and is also more calculation heavy). It is good practice though so just keep doing the book.

Uh, no, it's just ridiculous sometimes. "Crosswind". **** that and everything about that passage.