TCMC MBS 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would have to disagree with the above. If one is interested in going DO, Lecom would also be a good choice. Bigger school, three campuses and I think because they have more seats to offer, they would definitely have something of value to offer their MBS students. TCMC MBS is a great program. I think it definitely gave me an edge of being accepted this year to med school, however, I would be VERY leery of saying that LECOM MBS program has nothing to offer. Remember, TCMC only graduated 69 in their MD program this year. Some on SDN say that they will graduate 100 in future years as they grow. Just so many in their MBS program will get admitted. Many will not! They will tell you upfront...........however, it will lead to other medical schools looking at your stats etc. Just wanted to clarify. Also.............................some profs, Doctors in admissions and many clinicians at the college are DOs. One of the clinicians in cardiology who works for the college is a graduate of LECOM. Tread lightly, my friend!
May I ask which medical school did you get into and if you think doing the tcmc mbs helped in this

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would have to disagree with the above. If one is interested in going DO, Lecom would also be a good choice. Bigger school, three campuses and I think because they have more seats to offer, they would definitely have something of value to offer their MBS students. TCMC MBS is a great program. I think it definitely gave me an edge of being accepted this year to med school, however, I would be VERY leery of saying that LECOM MBS program has nothing to offer. Remember, TCMC only graduated 69 in their MD program this year. Some on SDN say that they will graduate 100 in future years as they grow. Just so many in their MBS program will get admitted. Many will not! They will tell you upfront...........however, it will lead to other medical schools looking at your stats etc. Just wanted to clarify. Also.............................some profs, Doctors in admissions and many clinicians at the college are DOs. One of the clinicians in cardiology who works for the college is a graduate of LECOM. Tread lightly, my friend!

If a student was interested in doing into a DO program, then obviously LECOM is the better program. When I said it didn't offer much I meant that TCMC offers an actual masters degree in one year which can be more useful in the future for the student. If the student wants to aim for MD medical school, TCMC is most likely the better option. I should have worded my post properly. Both programs have things to offer depending on how the student wishes to proceed in their professional career.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got into a linkage so will be giving up my spot.
Stay blessed.

ropes course on the first day of orientation?? TCMC wastes no time.

If one is seeking primarily DO schools. Would anyone comment on whether one should apply to this program or just seek admission to programs that are offered at the DO schools? How well is the MBS program recognized? Would it be considered a "true" SMP?