TCMC vs CCOM vs Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCMC vs CCOM vs Touro

• Total voters

premedjunkie1233

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Haven't posted here in AGES but my app cycle is essentially over and I have a few choices. I was wondering for everybody's input. I've had the privilege of being accepted to numerous places in this app process and the final decision comes down to:

TCMC (New school in PA), CCOM, and Touro Harlem

Things to consider- I am a Florida Resident so everywhere is OOS. As for what I want to do, I do want to specialize or at least keep that door open.

TCMC
Pro's
-Small class size (100 students)
-Family feeling
-Even though it's new, they have a fairly solid match list and step 1 average
-Pass/Fail, non-mandatory classes, and lectures are recorded
-Students were extremely content with their choice- talked about how the faculty was very supportive and the 3/4th years talked about how their preceptors were amazing
-LIC curriculum 3/4th years which is pretty unique (I think)

Con's
-Scranton isn't the most populated/modern city- seemed sort of run down/older but I was told that there is plenty to do with whatever free time there is
-Even though it seems to be a great school, it's still a new school so idk what the reputation is (though they've matched at some big name places)

CCOM
Pro's
-One of the most established DO schools
-Close proximity to Chicago
- Rotations are amazing
- Students seemed laid back

Con's
-Price Price Price
- Too many distractions in downtown chicago?
- Unsure how many research opportunities there are
-Didn't get the greatest vibe from staff/faculty during interview day.

Touro
Pro's
-Location- rotations are pretty great
-Students seemed happy
- Have strong connections with residency with big named hospitals

Con's
-Cost Cost Cost
- Newer school as well
- They matched a TON in primary care/IM (I think I looked at it, and saw about 40% in FM/IM), but those matches were at fairly strong hospitals.

Sorry for the long post!

Members don't see this ad.

Take the MD school that's cheaper than CCOM. Easiest answer ever.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Can I ask what your stats were and state of residence if you don't mind me asking?

TCMC

On a separate note, mods be prepared to lock this thread as I sense it might turn into MD vs. DO real quick.