TCNJ vs Temple

therearemany

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I recently got into two bsmd programs and have been having trouble deciding on which is a better choice.

TCNJ's BSMD program is partnered with Rutgers-Newark and Temple University's BSMD program is partnered with its own medical school.

The biggest difference between the two is that Temple IMO seems like it has a better medical school experience, however, there is an MCAT requirement. TCNJ on the other hand doesn't. Im not sure if stressing about the MCAT in a larger sense will enable me to perform better on more difficult/longer tests in the future.

Any input is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Although it is great that you are looking out for your future self, I do not think you should decide a BSMD college based on whether its medical school requires an MCAT score or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
You do have to take the USMLE when you get into medical school. Aside from that, you should probably choose the program where you'll think you'll enjoy your time the most there. Don't be somewhere you don't like for 3+ years just because you didn't want to take the MCAT.

Hello all!

I recently got into two bsmd programs and have been having trouble deciding on which is a better choice.

TCNJ's BSMD program is partnered with Rutgers-Newark and Temple University's BSMD program is partnered with its own medical school.

The biggest difference between the two is that Temple IMO seems like it has a better medical school experience, however, there is an MCAT requirement. TCNJ on the other hand doesn't. Im not sure if stressing about the MCAT in a larger sense will enable me to perform better on more difficult/longer tests in the future.

Any input is appreciated!
TCNJ. Newark hospital has lots of rotations.