Tech. from one state working in another state?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm2love

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a pharm tech in Virginia, and I'll move to Kentucky. Can I work as a tech in KY right away? or I will have to pass the KY tech exam? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you pass the ptce national exam you are certified nationally. Therefore the only thing you have to do is research whether or not the state requires you to register under their board of pharmacy in order to begin working.

I know in California you have to be a registered Ca tech in order to work.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh thanks guys. Pretty helpful line from the url, "If you are currently registered with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacist Intern, there is no need for you to be registered as a pharmacy technician."

Oh thanks guys. Pretty helpful line from the url, "If you are currently registered with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacist Intern, there is no need for you to be registered as a pharmacy technician."

Yeah, it says something similar on the CA site, to the effect of the intern license superceding the technician license.