Tell me why I would want to be a DPT and not a PA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stetson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was sure I had decided that the PA profession was what I wanted to go for-now I am having second thoughts. I was stuck between DPT, PA and possibly psychology (but really am afraid it would be frustrating and depressing) ANYWAY thought it was PA for sure, and now I am thinking DPT might be better. Reason is I think I picked PA for $$ and not what I would be happier doing everyday-not sure-any help is appreciated.
I obviously enjoy seeing patients-and am going to stay in health care because I feel it's a secure investment. I am just thinking that DPT might be more rewarding personally? Versus the daily grind and stress of a PA?

Members don't see this ad.

Physical Therapy or Physician Assistant (
multipage.gif
1 2 3)
DolFAN

I read that a few months ago and it actually lead me to the PA profession. What I was looking for more was not the logistics and hard core facts per say-I was thinking more that a DPT might look forward to getting up and going to work that day vs. the PA may dread it a bit esp. if it's as crazy as I think it may, be make sense?

There is definitely some excellent food for thought-but really there did not seem to be an answer regarding autonomy and control. What I mean by control is schedule, environment, decision making etc. I am concerned with the type of stress that occurs when someone is just along for the ride kwim?