Telling programs about ECFMG certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorAP28

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there I applied to a bunch of IM programs on Sept. 15th, but wasn't ECFMG certified at that time. I will however be certified in the next 2 weeks. Some programs mention that they want ECFMG certification at the time of application or to grant interviews. So my question is should I let each program know when I become ECFMG certified? Or will they know automatically when I become certified?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there I applied to a bunch of IM programs on Sept. 15th, but wasn't ECFMG certified at that time. I will however be certified in the next 2 weeks. Some programs mention that they want ECFMG certification at the time of application or to grant interviews. So my question is should I let each program know when I become ECFMG certified? Or will they know automatically when I become certified?
If they're filtering on ECFMG certification, you are invisible to them right now. Once you are certified/verified, your app will magically become visible to them. Tell them today that you're probably going to be certified in 2 weeks won't do anything to help them. And if they've somehow given out all of the apps they are planning to this season by that time (Pro Tip...they won't have), it won't make a difference.

Relax.

Reactions: 1 users