Temple ACMS 2013 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychMeds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
Just attempting to start a thread for those apply to ACMS for Fall 2013.
Wishing everyone the best of luck.

+pad+ :welcome:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! Thanks for creating this thread. I will be applying this year! Hope people will see this and post :)

Hi! Thanks for creating this thread. I will be applying this year! Hope people will see this and post :)

No Prob. I hope so too. Seems most ppl have been commenting on the multipage thread from 2011-2012.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys just submitted my app.
Anyone know when were supposed to start hearing back? Pretty sweet deal with this program its sounds like.

Hey guys just submitted my app.
Anyone know when were supposed to start hearing back? Pretty sweet deal with this program its sounds like.

Seems like June...judging from 2011 thread and there were posting about earlier notifications in April/May for 2012

Last edited:
Hey guys, I was just wondering how difficult it was to get into ACMS?

Hey guys, I was just wondering how difficult it was to get into ACMS?

i was at the orientation open house last year and the program director said that the latest class had a gpa of 3.59 which is different from the website. 697 people applied and 35 matriculated. the med students at temple have an average gpa of 3.63.

edit: i attended the open house. i accidentally wrote "orientation" which would make it sound like i am an acms student (i only wish lol). sorry for that mistake.

Last edited:
i was at the orientation last year and the program director said that the latest class had a gpa of 3.59 which is different from the website. 697 people applied and 35 got in. the med students at temple have an average gpa of 3.63.

What a strange program. With a 3.59 GPA, a person could easily be accepted to medical school outright.

Yeah, that's a ridiculously high GPA average.
Actually that's higher than the GPA of average matriculants to med school for last year.
Can't believe 700 people apply to that with such a GPA! Then again it guarantees admissions, so I guess that's a huge factor for most people.
Sadly, I don't have nearly as good of GPA :(, but if I did I probably would've gotten in somewhere, hehe.

Yeah, that's a ridiculously high GPA average.
Actually that's higher than the GPA of average matriculants to med school for last year.
Can't believe 700 people apply to that with such a GPA! Then again it guarantees admissions, so I guess that's a huge factor for most people.
Sadly, I don't have nearly as good of GPA :(, but if I did I probably would've gotten in somewhere, hehe.

3.59 is not quite the average GPA for matriculants to med school (that would be 3.67, I think), but it's close enough that it seems like it's unnecessary.

It seems to me like Temple is the Catch-22 program: if you can get in, you almost certainly don't need it, and if you need it, you almost certainly can't get into it.

....Catch-22 program: if you can get in, you almost certainly don't need it, and if you need it, you almost certainly can't get into it.

Couldn't agree more. Seems that's the premise of most post baccs

The only thing left to do now is wait...wishing everyone the best of luck!:)

Hey everyone! I applied for this program for the 2013 cycle and had all of my documents/application listed as complete on November 15th. I still have not heard anything... Last I heard when I contacted them is that interview invites would be sent out between the time frame of end of March - beginning of April for first interviews in May.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how to get the ACT score to the program? Thought I was never gonna need that again...

I have not received e-mail confirmation for application complete. I called the office and they said I am complete. For those of you who are complete, what does your status say? Mine says...

STATUS = APPLICATION RECEIVED AND PAYMENT VERIFIED

I just don't want to miss out on this opportunity because of of a system glitch in a multi-person staff / office. One person may know my file is complete but someone else may not because of a system glitch.

I have not received e-mail confirmation for application complete. I called the office and they said I am complete. For those of you who are complete, what does your status say? Mine says...

STATUS = APPLICATION RECEIVED AND PAYMENT VERIFIED

I just don't want to miss out on this opportunity because of of a system glitch in a multi-person staff / office. One person may know my file is complete but someone else may not because of a system glitch.

Mine says the same thing "Application received and payment verified." I called the office and they said I was complete and then shortly afterwards I received an email. Don't worry, I think you're complete.

i was at the orientation open house last year and the program director said that the latest class had a gpa of 3.59 which is different from the website. 697 people applied and 35 matriculated. the med students at temple have an average gpa of 3.63.

edit: i attended the open house. i accidentally wrote "orientation" which would make it sound like i am an acms student (i only wish lol). sorry for that mistake.
35 from 700. That is even more competitive than their medical school.

Last edited:
I agree.. very competitive. Good luck to everyone, & thanks for creating the 2013 forum. I was told that interview invites will begin to go out in April, 1st interview date is in mid-may. If anyone hears anything could you please let us all know? :)

I agree.. very competitive. Good luck to everyone, & thanks for creating the 2013 forum. I was told that interview invites will begin to go out in April, 1st interview date is in mid-may. If anyone hears anything could you please let us all know? :)
Yeah, that sounds about right. The website lists the first interview day in May.

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply to the ACMS program for the Summer/Fall of 2014. I was wondering how early everyone submitted their applications, and whether it was better to submit it early, in November/December, or to wait till Feb/Mar?

I applied at the end of February, they said my application is complete. Has anyone heard back about an interview yet? good-luck everyone!

I was marked complete two days after I submitted my application earlier this month. Still waiting to hear back.

Has anyone heard back from Temple at all about interviews? The website says the first interviews are in May and time is steadily ticking along. It's just making me so nervous!

Hey,

I was just wondering how you were marked complete. I had submitted the application, but I'm not sure if it's marked complete. Also, with the Send Us Stuff, are you able to see what you uploaded? They mentioned that I may encounter issues with a mac and chrome... and that's all I had available... so I'm just a little worried.

Thanks!

I also have a mac and chrome. With me, they sent me a email a couple of days after I submitted my application to let me know I was marked complete! :)

Hey,

I was just wondering how you were marked complete. I had submitted the application, but I'm not sure if it's marked complete. Also, with the Send Us Stuff, are you able to see what you uploaded? They mentioned that I may encounter issues with a mac and chrome... and that's all I had available... so I'm just a little worried.

Thanks!

You can't see what you've sent through "send us stuff" until they have verify your application fee. Once your status says payment verified a "material received" link will appear and then you can see what documents they have received from you.

Hey,

Thanks!

It was by email.

Has anyone heard back from Temple at all about interviews? The website says the first interviews are in May and time is steadily ticking along. It's just making me so nervous!

From what I have gathered no one has heard back yet. After reading last year's forum, I think the earliest we would hear back is mid-april, but I'm sure every year is probably a little different.

Agreed, hopefully. The waiting game is no fun.

Every time I see this thread bumped up, I expect to see someone post that they have been invited for an interview. That keeps me on my toes because it means I've been passed up. :laugh:

I know full well that if there's good news for me, I'll be the first to know with an e-mail inviting me for the interview.

Since the program takes few people at a time, there is less likelihood of hearing from someone else who is actually interviewing .

I think that the interviews are later than the last few years. I looked back through the old threads and there used to be an interview date in April, but on the website this year it says that the first interview date will be in May.

Every time I see this thread bumped up, I expect to see someone post that they have been invited for an interview. That keeps me on my toes because it means I've been passed up. :laugh:

I know full well that if there's good news for me, I'll be the first to know with an e-mail inviting me for the interview.

Since the program takes few people at a time, there is less likelihood of hearing from someone else who is actually interviewing .

Has anyone heard anything? I can't believe y'all applied last year and haven't heard anything. I applied and was complete in late Feb and still haven't heard anything. Got into Drexel's post bacc program and am conditionally accepted to George Mason/Georgetown's program...kind of frustrating because obviously a program like Temple is my first choice! (I think I am gonna call them on Monday to try and get some answers....)

Has anyone heard anything? I can't believe y'all applied last year and haven't heard anything. I applied and was complete in late Feb and still haven't heard anything. Got into Drexel's post bacc program and am conditionally accepted to George Mason/Georgetown's program...kind of frustrating because obviously a program like Temple is my first choice! (I think I am gonna call them on Monday to try and get some answers....)

I am thinking about calling too. I was complete in February and haven't heard a thing. I just think it is strange that not a single person on here has heard anything. There haven't even been any rejection that I know of.

i tried to call last week to check on a letter of rec. tried several times and the phone was always busy.
It is extremely hard to get a hold of them even earlier during the cycle. For me, it is best just to wait.

It is extremely hard to get a hold of them even earlier during the cycle. For me, it is best just to wait.

I agree, it is just so hard to wait! The website says the first interview date is in May so hopefully someone will hear back soon. May is almost here!

I agree, it is just so hard to wait! The website says the first interview date is in May so hopefully someone will hear back soon. May is almost here!
Last time I tried to talk to them. I went OCD and put their number on auto redial. After n times calling and bypassing their greetings, I finally got to talk to a rep. I would not do it again unless I had something missing from my file.

It's already April 22nd, how close is Temple going to cut it with their May interviews? I am expecting some news this week, hopefully one of you all is kind enough to tell us if you've received an interview. Also, contacting them is very difficult, I'd try calling them early in the morning if I were you. Just keep in mind I called 10-15 times in one day without getting a hold of anybody.

Last edited:
Yes calling was a waste of time. Guess we just have to be patient. :/ Hope everyone hears something soon! Is anyone applying to other similar programs?

Yes calling was a waste of time. Guess we just have to be patient. :/ Hope everyone hears something soon! Is anyone applying to other similar programs?
I am thinking of applying to Drexel, but, from the info gathered here, I will pass.

Called and was actually told the first interview date was may 31st. Asked them if we would hear back by the end of this month about interview invites, she said we would!

Called and was actually told the first interview date was may 31st. Asked them if we would hear back by the end of this month about interview invites, she said we would!

thank you so much for sharing this info. i'm trying to remind myself that I have little chance for this program but some part of me can't help but just hope. expect the worst, hope for the best!

When did you all apply to Temple and when was your application complete?

Last time I tried to talk to them. I went OCD and put their number on auto redial. After n times calling and bypassing their greetings, I finally got to talk to a rep. I would not do it again unless I had something missing from my file.

Also, contacting them is very difficult, I'd try calling them early in the morning if I were you. Just keep in mind I called 10-15 times in one day without getting a hold of anybody.

Yes calling was a waste of time. Guess we just have to be patient. :/

I've called them many times and never really had an issue... just make sure you call between 9 AM - 12 PM, or 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM EST, and you can hit 2 --> * --> 4 after the automated recording to be connected to an actual person. Best times to call are early morning, right after lunch, and a little before closing.

I just got off the phone with someone and there is indeed an ACMS first interview date at the end of May. The reason they're just getting around to ACMS applicants now is because they're still wrapping up the last few BCMS applications (plus they're always deluged with applications each year)...

I think they're still waiting for BCMS acceptances and possibly offering one more interview to some. I think that because my application was complete months ago and they keep telling me it's under review/being held by the admissions committee, which to me sounds like a waitlist if I've ever heard of one. But maybe that's me being overly optimistic... :shrug:

They said I should hear back by the end of next week so I'm sure all you ACMS applicants will be hearing back soon after. BCMS Orientation is tentative May 9 so I'm sure it can't be that much longer. Good luck y'all! :xf:

Thank you so much for this information! I will wait until at least May 1 before trying to call them. =) good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone! I submitted my application and payment last week, and the payment still has not been verified. How long did it take for your payment to become verified? I received the confirmation email, and it has showed up on my bank statement, so it seems to have gone through.

Also, I know this is a rolling admissions system, but I'm still waiting on letters of rec (hopefully they'll be in by the end of this month). Should I be concerned that I'm applying this late? I'm slightly above average on everything except the GPA, so I'm not a particularly strong applicant =/

Thanks for the help! :love:

It took a little bit for me. As long as you received a confirmation email I say you are good!