Temple ACMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called the office today, found out that they just finished BCMS. I'm going to assume BCMS interview invitations will be sent out soon. She said they will now take a look at ACMS. what took them so long? sheesh
No, BCMS interviews are done.

I sincerely hope YGREE got it mixed up. I would hate to ever think that the school was lying to us, and by all means, i don't think they are.

Before the phone call, i was thinking maybe that they had over abundance of quality applicants from their regular MD cycle, and have decided to put their wait listed students as priority ACMS students (just purely my guess), but hopefully this isn't the case.

What did I say that you hope I mixed up that somehow translates into Temple lying?

There has not yet been an ACMS interview day. They probably meant they finished the BCMS interviews, or finalized the class or something. I don't know when they will be sending ACMS interview invites or if they have already.

I know the waiting is hard but I'm not sure what everybody is getting upset about. The website now says the application deadline for the ACMS is June 8th.

Members don't see this ad.

No, BCMS interviews are done.

What did I say that you hope I mixed up that somehow translates into Temple lying?

There has not yet been an ACMS interview day. They probably meant they finished the BCMS interviews, or finalized the class or something. I don't know when they will be sending ACMS interview invites or if they have already.

I know the waiting is hard but I'm not sure what everybody is getting upset about. The website now says the application deadline for the ACMS is June 8th.

i think based on your quote in 1st page, most of us thought you said ACMS interview request has been sent out, which wasn't the case. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if I got you guys nervous but I know for a fact that some interviews have been sent out. I know this because a high school classmate of mine was offered an interview a few weeks ago. There is certainly a second interview date and I doubt that those interview invites have gone out yet. Also, in last years ACMS class, none of the students were from the waitlist for Temple.

Did anybody get any news yet? I called the office yesterday and they told me they were working through the applications now, but they do not know when they will finish them.

Did anybody get any news yet? I called the office yesterday and they told me they were working through the applications now, but they do not know when they will finish them.

how many rounds of interview invites have they sent out?

I got an interivew invite a couple of days ago. 3.3 GPA, 32MCAT, 2 years clinical experience. I'm very excited :) Temple is a great medical school, and I love Philly!

If I get in :xf:, I have to decide between this, BU MAMS and Georgetown SMP. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I got an interivew invite a couple of days ago. 3.3 GPA, 32MCAT, 2 years clinical experience. I'm very excited :) Temple is a great medical school, and I love Philly!

If I get in :xf:, I have to decide between this, BU MAMS and Georgetown SMP. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Congrats on the interview! Did they e-mail you, send you a letter, or just update your status on the application website?

Does this program require a B average or a 3.3 GPA average? I saw a 3.3 average on one page for ACMS, but on another page, they say a "B" average, which translates to a 3.0 average at my school, not a 3.3. Which is it?

hey guys i was wondering, does your application status say: complete or just application received, and payment verified??

I can't comment on the BU program. For me, I chose Temple over Georgetown because while Georgetown has a better rep, Temple was half the price. More importantly, Temple comes with a guaranteed spot for meeting very doable requirements.
If you know you like Philly and Temple Med, the ACMS is a great deal.

If you don't mind, could you share when you submitted the application and when you were verified? Just want to get an idea of where they are at with their review.

Members don't see this ad :)
What if someone has a 29 MCAT with no section less than 8? Will they really make them retake it? There's always a risk of going down. Will they tend not to accept students with a 29 MCAT because they are borderline and the program is geared towards students with either very low MCATs or high MCATs so they dont have to retake?

Stats:
BA Biology
3.37 cGPA, 3.31 sGPA
29N MCAT (25M 1st time)

Appreciate the input.

What if someone has a 29 MCAT with no section less than 8? Will they really make them retake it? There's always a risk of going down. Will they tend not to accept students with a 29 MCAT because they are borderline and the program is geared towards students with either very low MCATs or high MCATs so they dont have to retake?

Stats:
BA Biology
3.37 cGPA, 3.31 sGPA
29N MCAT (25M 1st time)

Appreciate the input.

I think that's probably why they ask for your SAT scores. They probably want to see that, even if struggled on the MCAT on one (or two) takings, you have the potential to do well on standardized tests. I would think they just want to make sure the students they admit can do well on the Boards, which I've heard make the MCAT look like child's play.

Last edited:

Stats:
BA Biology
3.37 cGPA, 3.31 sGPA
29N MCAT (25M 1st time)

Appreciate the input.

Yes, they will require a 30. The criteria are set.
But they will give you every opportunity to succeed both with the required gpa and MCAT score.

so we only have one interview invitee among us?

Has anyone who interviewed on June 1st received their decision yet. If so, how were you notified. Thanks!

If you guys dont mind me asking...when did you submit your applications?

Would you all also mind posting your stats please?

Thanks!

me2! looks like I'll be joining you in the fall :)

I am going out tomorrow to look at places in Manayunk/Roxborough/East Falls. If anyone is going to be looking for a roommate and would like to live in that area please PM me!

i submitted my application back in janurary
but still didnt hear a single thing lol
i know i didnt miss any requirements when I talked to Grace
:(

I am going out tomorrow to look at places in Manayunk/Roxborough/East Falls. If anyone is going to be looking for a roommate and would like to live in that area please PM me!

Anybody looking for a female roommate in Center City? PM me!

For everyone that has posted about acceptances, did you all interview on June 1st, or is anyone out there from another date? Also, anyone in my situation and get placed on the "continuing candidates" list?

For everyone that has posted about acceptances, did you all interview on June 1st, or is anyone out there from another date? Also, anyone in my situation and get placed on the "continuing candidates" list?

how do you know if you got placed on the "continuing candidates" list?

I interviewed on June 20th.

how do you know if you got placed on the "continuing candidates" list?

I interviewed on June 1st, and the letter I got from Miss Hershman said the committee put me on the continuing candidates list

I interviewed on June 1st, and the letter I got from Miss Hershman said the committee put me on the continuing candidates list

well, what are you wasting your time here...hurry up and talk to them and show them some interest...some updates of anything you did cool recently...etc....seal the deal since you're so close!

Just got scheduled for an interview for the ACMS program on July 18. Catmeow, mjd, and punchingbag...what kind of questions were asked in your interview? Would you say that the interview was uptight or relaxed? Thanks for any input!

Last edited:
Just got scheduled for an interview for the ACMS program on July 18. Catmeow, mjd, and punchingbag...what kind of questions were asked in your interview? Would you say that the interview was uptight or relaxed? Thanks for any input!

Everyone has two interviews-- one with a faculty member and one with a student in the program.

The interview with the faculty member was pretty standard. I was nervous, but he started off with non-stressful small talk and then proceeded to ask me a) Why I want to be an MD, b) Tell him about my research, c) Why Temple, d) Why this program, and some other very straightforward questions. There were no curveball questions or ethics questions. He had my application on the table in front of him.

The interview with the student was very relaxed. She didn't appear to have seen my application. She was very nice and approachable and we just chatted very naturally about why I was drawn to this program and why I felt I was a good fit for it. This interview was helpful for me because I found out more about her perspective on the program, and I used the opportunity to ask her a lot of questions.

Like Catmeow said... we had two interviews and they were very relaxed. My interview with the faculty member was even more relaxed than Catmeows, I think. We just chatted about the Temple hospital and how it serves the community (community service was a big part of my application). She asked me how I decided to go into medicine and where I see myself in the future. It was very natural and the faculty interviewer was really kind. My student interview went similarly. He didn't have my records, so we talked about my undergrad school, major, how I found out about the program, etc.

Overall, I would say not to worry. Just be yourself and stay relaxed. The people at Temple really seem like they are just trying to help. Good luck!:D

I'm a current MS-4 at Temple med.
Can't tell you all too much about the postbacc program, but glad to answer questions about the school as a whole.

PM me if you have questions.

just got invited for the july 18th interview date too! for those that are wondering, i had my application completed by late may.

looking forward to seeing some of you there!

Congrats on the interview. Would those who have been interviewed for the ACMS program please share their stats ( gpa, research, volunteering)? Thank you! Good luck on the interview.

Hi guys,
Those invited for an interview can you please post stats and other currics? Thanks!

Hi guys,
Those invited for an interview can you please post stats and other currics? Thanks!

3.5 cgpa/3.4 sgpa/30. lots of arts leadership, ~80 hours ER volunteering, year of bench research.

If I haven't heard anything back yet, would any of you suggest that I inquire or just wait? Did anyone, for example, contact ms hershman or something of that nature?
Also, is there a rejection letter or is it just " if you don't hear from us then u were rejected"? Please let me know asap- I really appreciate ur input and help. Best of luck to all.

If I haven't heard anything back yet, would any of you suggest that I inquire or just wait? Did anyone, for example, contact ms hershman or something of that nature?
Also, is there a rejection letter or is it just " if you don't hear from us then u were rejected"? Please let me know asap- I really appreciate ur input and help. Best of luck to all.

since it seems they've given out the invites for the last interview date, it might be worth inquiring into. I think i remember on last year's thread that people didn't get a rejection letter prior to the last interview date.

acceptance today! :D

anybody looking for a center city roommate??

Acceptance today too!! :soexcited:

Anyone looking for a female roommate in Center City!?

how important is having an MCAT before applying to this?

for the SAT, is the different sections weighted differently?

i screwed up the writing portion.

also, you guys have such high stats! good luck to everyone... i'm planning on applying next year

Does anyone know if they accept an MCAT score >30 in place of an SAT/ACT score? I never took either so I only have an MCAT score for them...

Are the lenient on the letters from every discipline requirement?

also muy importante

does this mean u cant relaly bargain for financial aid because you dont get multiple schools acceptances for med school?

just wondering

Does anyone know if they accept an MCAT score >30 in place of an SAT/ACT score? I never took either so I only have an MCAT score for them...

I think so. I don't think I ever sent in my SAT scores at all, just my MCAT.

I'm looking at this year's application right now. Does anyone know if there are any word/character limits for the short answer questions? It doesn't say on the application or application instructions page.