Temple ACMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the same boat as you Remxed. I'm just submitting basic essays, fairly concise. About 500-600 words for the stereotypical "path to healthcare" question, and anywhere from 200-400 for the rest depending. They must not mind since there is no limit.

Submitting mine soon, then waiting on the committee letter to be drafted up and sent.

Members don't see this ad.

Are the lenient on the letters from every discipline requirement?

I would like to know this too, definitely don't know where I can get a humanities letter from! :confused:

So I called up the admissions office since they never replied to my email. There isn't any official word limit for those essays.

I also asked about the rec letters since my school's prehealth committee don't actually write them until around June. The lady I talked to seemed really chill about them and said we can go ahead and send in individual letters from different faculty. They don't have to be from the bio and chem department per se as long as they're within those fields--just make sure you specify why you chose those letters in your short answer section of the application.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the first wave of interviews are sent out?

Just finished my application. Has anyone else applied?

It has been 4.5 weeks since my app was complete, haven't heard anything back yet. Called the office a couple of times, they just told me to wait until something is updated on my file. No idea when interviews are going to be held, but since they already closed BCMS, I figure it should be soon for the ACMS.... I hope

It has been 4.5 weeks since my app was complete, haven't heard anything back yet. Called the office a couple of times, they just told me to wait until something is updated on my file. No idea when interviews are going to be held, but since they already closed BCMS, I figure it should be soon for the ACMS.... I hope
My understanding from previous threads is that interviews start in June so most people wont hear anything until may.

i know they allow $12,500 stafford loans for non degree programs like this, if you haven't already borrowed that for college / additional classes after college. but what about the other $10,000? how do you pay that and what is the interest rate going to be like?

i know they allow $12,500 stafford loans for non degree programs like this, if you haven't already borrowed that for college / additional classes after college. but what about the other $10,000? how do you pay that and what is the interest rate going to be like?

Most people got alternative student loans for the rest. There is a COA so you can borrow additional money for cost of living if needed. You may need a cosigner to qualify depending on your credit but the money is there. I got it through Sallie Mae, I don't know who is still in the business these days but I think it's still out there.

Has anyone received an interview yet?

Sent from my HTC PH39100

Someone reported getting an ACMS II for April 19th in the Temple Post bacc thread. My materials were received last Friday, hoping to hear back soon. Now that BCMS interviews are done I expect things to move more quickly.

Just called the office, they said that they just started reviewing apps, should start hearing about the interviews by the end of the month..

Members don't see this ad :)
Do interview invites come in emails?

anyone hear anything about interviews yet? or have any knowledge about when they will start going out?

I just called the admissions office, they said they are inviting and interviewing people at this point, if you haven't heard anything that means you are still under review per admissions office. she also said last interview date is in June but in last years thread people were interviewing up until July. So I am confused

Hey guys, I hope to get my application turned in around next week, with the recommendation letters not getting in until perhaps a week later. Do you guys think I have a chance even though I'm applying so late in the cycle?

MCAT: 36R
cGPA: 3.23

tons and tons of research experience
doctor shadowing
volunteering

Also, I was looking at the previous response for the short answers. I noticed that even though there is no limit for this year's application cycle, previous cycles have limited it to something ridiculously small. If anybody's gotten an invite for interview already, could they chime in on how long their short response answers were?

Thanks all!

What are my chances if I apply now for fall 2012 with a 24 MCAT, sGPA 3.3 cGPA 3.4
2 Publications, Strong LOR and ECs.

i went to the temple open house last week. the average gpa for students who get into temple acms is a 3.59. this is the more up to date than the website. it is lower than the average gpa for students who get into temple med school which is 3.64. the people at temple were very nice.

Lol that's a ridiculous number, I wonder what the variance is. What's the purpose of having the average so close to the med average? Why are they not accepted to the Med school? Lack of MCAT?

I can see the BCMS # being high because it is a career changer, but ACMS?

Has anybody been invited for an interview for the ACMS program yet?

no and i've been complete for 3 months now...

So I was just looking over Temple's ACMS requirements, and I noticed that they said that "completion of all pre-medical requirements" is needed for entry.

However, I have two requirements that I have not done yet: my 3rd quarter of English and a quarter of Life Science (the ecology/evolution stuff that nobody likes). I was planning to do that this summer at a community college.

Would Temple still accept me based on the fact that I would be completing the requirements this summer?

Edit: To clarify, I've already done a full year of LS (2,3,4 at my school), but I've had people tell me that an additional quarter of LS1 is needed for medical school requirements.

Last edited:
i am also thinking about completing my app this week. do we really have to provide our sat/act scores? i graduated and moved away from my college and I dont want to pay money to get those scores again

i am also thinking about completing my app this week. do we really have to provide our sat/act scores? i graduated and moved away from my college and I dont want to pay money to get those scores again

I called the admissions office and they told me I needed at least one so I sent my act bc it was cheaper. Sucks but needed I guess.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

FWIW I got the complete/under review with just an mcat

Hmmm I guess the lady in the office gave me the wrong information when she told me ACMS interviews were already underway and that last interview date is in June. Why would she tell me this? So from what I understand per SNDers is that ACMS has not invited anyone for interview? or maybe they already did send out Interview invites which has not been shared here on SDN.

havent heard back and like i said its been a long time... i was complete end of january. has anyone heard anything back regarding interviews? if someone has just let the group know so at least we know they started to contact people...

i attended the open house for tusom & post bacc on 4/13. that day, grace said interviews were scheduled for 4/23 (this past monday).

havent heard back and like i said its been a long time... i was complete end of january. has anyone heard anything back regarding interviews? if someone has just let the group know so at least we know they started to contact people...

Do they tell you whether it is complete or not?
For me I am using AMCAS info in lieu of everything (transcript, MCAT, SGPA)
So I only uploaded SAT and the resume. (I submitted everything yesterday)

My worry is that they will not check mine as complete because I did not turn those in...although it should be available through my AMCAS 2012.

Is anyone using their AMCAS 2012 info in lieu of transcript, MCAT, SGPA? and has been marked as complete???

i attended the open house for tusom & post bacc on 4/13. that day, grace said interviews were scheduled for 4/23 (this past monday).

I think this is true for ACMS.

Temple Post Bac thread
Member name: Ninthseat
"Just heard from them for ACMS today. April 23rd interview! How many people get interviews and what are my chances once I get an interview?"

Do they tell you whether it is complete or not?
For me I am using AMCAS info in lieu of everything (transcript, MCAT, SGPA)
So I only uploaded SAT and the resume. (I submitted everything yesterday)

My worry is that they will not check mine as complete because I did not turn those in...although it should be available through my AMCAS 2012.

Is anyone using their AMCAS 2012 info in lieu of transcript, MCAT, SGPA? and has been marked as complete???

Yes I used my amcas for mcat, transcripts and a few letters. using the "send us stuff" link takes three days, so I imagine using amcas would take a day or two longer.

Typically how much earlier before the interview is the interview offer? Also, anyone know when the next interview offers go out? how late into the summer do they interview?

Typically how much earlier before the interview is the interview offer? Also, anyone know when the next interview offers go out? how late into the summer do they interview?

Ninthseat, sdn member, got the invite for 04/23/12, and this person posted about this on 03/20/12.

So maybe like a month before??? Which means we did nt get one for May and gotta hope for june???

I think some one mentioned that they will conclude interview process by the end of June.

Has anyone gotten an interview invite for May and if so when was your application complete?
I called the office today and the voicemail is full. The waiting is killing me.

Has anyone been able to get ahold of the Temple ACMS program at all or heard anything from them recently? Any idea on when the next round of interview invites may go out?

How long does it take to get the payment processed?
(Its been a week, and it still say payment pending, although it is no longer pending on my credit card statement)

How long does it take to be completed when you used AMCAS info?
(Some one said 3 weeks, is it after payment is confirmed? or including payment pending time.)

How long does it take to get the payment processed?
(Its been a week, and it still say payment pending, although it is no longer pending on my credit card statement)

How long does it take to be completed when you used AMCAS info?
(Some one said 3 weeks, is it after payment is confirmed? or including payment pending time.)

I got the complete email one week after I submitted and paid, using AMCAS info. Hope this helps!

I got the complete email one week after I submitted and paid, using AMCAS info. Hope this helps!

Thanks. I just need to submit resume, sat for send us stuff right?? We dont need to send in any SGPA calculation bc they have amcas? Right?

Did you submit your application? and if so, what is your status on the status web page?..
Mine has been "Application Submitted and Payment Pending" over 12 days.
I was wondering if you are in the same boat.

Thanks

I called them today. They said that the person who updates the status page was on a vacation and update will be posted on the web soon. And although my web says payment pending, it was complete.

Does anyone know if the second wave of interview invitations have gone out?

Any information about interviews/acceptances at all?

It seems like Ninthseat, who had an interview in April, got accepted
It was not posted on Temple ACMS or Post bac thread.
Apparently Nithseat posted about it on the thread "Temple ACMS vs Uconn"

I did not mean to stalk this member, it just happened...;;;This person is like the only person who had an interview and got accepted so far this year among SDNers.

I hope Temple did not extend the deadline just to make some more money off of application fees, lol.

Last edited: