Temple ACMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bump.

Is it too late to apply this cycle? I know the site says June 1st is the deadline, but is it realistic to apply within the next week and have some success?
Probably not

Members don't see this ad.

Probably not

I worded my post poorly with two questions- 'probably not' to it being too late or to it not being realistic? sorry! :)

Also, where do people get the information, such as you cannot complete an AMCAS if you are in the program? Can you complete the AACOMAS?

I worded my post poorly with two questions- 'probably not' to it being too late or to it not being realistic? sorry! :)

Also, where do people get the information, such as you cannot complete an AMCAS if you are in the program? Can you complete the AACOMAS?
I think it would be unrealistic to apply at this stage in the game.
I'm not sure, I have not heard that before; I recommend contacting the school. Be wary of faculty encouraging you to apply. Faculty everywhere, at every medical school/SMP encourage all students to apply.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
bump.

Is it too late to apply this cycle? I know the site says June 1st is the deadline, but is it realistic to apply within the next week and have some success?
People have applied later than you and have gotten in. Just check last years (or years earlier even) threads. The application is not even due till May or June I believe so you can still submit and have a decent chance I think.

As for filling out the AMCAS, I think that's because if you get into this program, they are basically holding a seat in their next medical class so they don't want their students that they're investing a lot in to go to or even apply to other schools (among a bunch of other reasons I'm sure). Also it takes out all the guessing of where you end up, which I think is the beauty of this program. If your accepted you know what to do - get above the equivalent of 30 on the new MCAT (if you haven't already done so) and maintain a 3.5 GPA in the program.
That said, you can fill out an AMCAS if you don't hear back from them when the apps open up for AMCAS, but if you are admitted and attend I think they'll ask that you withdraw your application, which you shouldn't need because I think they expect you to meet the criteria and continue to their med school. Also, I think for those same reasons, I don't think they'd want their students filling out AACOMAS either.

If you are not willing to commit to Temple if admitted to this program, I'd recommend Georgetown's SMP, where theres plenty of time to apply to left. This may POTENTIALLY (remember only potentially) give you more (not necessarily better) options for medical schools. Check out their forum and website for more info.

Hope that helps! Best of luck!

I have to agree with everyone that is saying that you are not to apply to AMCAS. The same discussion is going on on the DREXEL DPMS program thread. These are dual programs and once you start you are committed/contracted.

@DoctressM @doctordoctor14 Thanks I appreciate the replies!

Yeah I totally get the logic of not applying to other schools, I just wasn't able to find anything official on their website! Probably something they mention to those who are interviewed or after being accepted. Thanks!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything? When do they usually send out second rounds of interviews?

Anyone know how serious they are regarding the no Ds in any undergraduate coursework? I got Ds in art history, agriculture, and accounting lol. Nothing below A-s in my BCPM classes though.

Anyone know how serious they are regarding the no Ds in any undergraduate coursework? I got Ds in art history, agriculture, and accounting lol. Nothing below A-s in my BCPM classes though.
Source?

Misinformation was spread on here on my behalf, via the "no D's in undergraduate coursework" statement. For this I apologize. ACMS representatives noted that if you are able to prove ability to overcome a semester of poor performance you are good to go. Sorry!