Temple ACMS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darkskies

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
This is more or less a rehash of my thread titled Rosalind Franklin BMS or DO but I was wondering if some of you might be able to give me some perspective.I applied to medical schools this cycle but I've had a total of 3 MD school interviews and I have been rejected from one of them post-interview. I'll probably be rejected from another one as well and can only count on perhaps being accepted to the one remaining school. Granted, I still have time to hear back from the other schools I've applied to for a possible interview, it seems like it's getting rather late in the cycle. My GPA is a 3.47 and my MCAT is a 32R. I have a bunch of DO interviews lined up but now I'm starting to debate whether I would really be happy attending a DO school.

Should I apply to the Temple ACMS program? I wouldn't have to take the MCAT so how hard is it to maintain a 3.5 GPA and how difficult is the interview? Would it be worth delaying med school for another year(this coming May will mark the second year I've been out of undergrad)? I have ~28k in debt from undergrad and am not rich so the potential debt load for attending 5 years at Temple(including ACMS) sounds frightening.

How hard is it to finance the postbac year since you can only have up to 15k or so in Stafford loans? My friend who attends an expensive med school has nearly 270k in loans so I'm assuming mine would surpass the 300k mark easily if you include my undergrad and the ACMS program debt as well. That being said, the Temple program seems like a better choice than the Rosalind Franklin BMS program since I would still be in the Northeast and if I get into the program I would only have to focus on maintaining a 3.5 or higher to begin at Temple in the following year.What should I do? Thanks so much!
user_online.gif

Members don't see this ad.