Temple Post Bacc ACMS 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MBH0421

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for this year's applicants, so I figured I'd start one.

Anyone applying? Has anyone heard anything if they've already applied? I've read most of the other posts from previous years and, based on those previous posts, it's way too early to be hearing back..?

How competitive is this program? It's a little frustrating that people with good enough gpa's and MCATs to matriculate into medical schools are accepted into this program, I thought this program was meant for those who need to boost gpa's and such to be able to matriculate??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't seen a thread for this year's applicants, so I figured I'd start one.

Anyone applying? Has anyone heard anything if they've already applied? I've read most of the other posts from previous years and, based on those previous posts, it's way too early to be hearing back..?

How competitive is this program? It's a little frustrating that people with good enough gpa's and MCATs to matriculate into medical schools are accepted into this program, I thought this program was meant for those who need to boost gpa's and such to be able to matriculate??
I applied early February and my status was change to complete just yesterday.Am soo nervous we will probably not hear about interviews till April or May maybe later because I called them yesterday to make sure they had all my documents and they said they were 2 weeks behind for those applying to the BCMS program. So am thinking for those of us applying to the ACMS we won't hear from them anytime soon.When did you apply? Am wondering if lots of people applied this year.

I'm a bit confused about the timeline for this program. The website says the first interview dates are in May, but looking at previous threads, people were invited to interview around April 9th last year? Anyone know when the first interview offers are sent out?

Good luck to everyone in the applicant pool!

Members don't see this ad :)
they said they were 2 weeks behind for those applying to the BCMS program

I figured they were behind schedule this year because they pushed the BCMS deadline back to April 1st! I suppose that means our applications won't be looked at till May at the earliest.

I applied early February and my status was change to complete just yesterday.Am soo nervous we will probably not hear about interviews till April or May maybe later because I called them yesterday to make sure they had all my documents and they said they were 2 weeks behind for those applying to the BCMS program. So am thinking for those of us applying to the ACMS we won't hear from them anytime soon.When did you apply? Am wondering if lots of people applied this year.

By complete, you mean you got an email saying it was complete and being sent to review, is that correct? My application status didn't change on the website, but I don't think it does judging by what previous applicants have said.
I think I applied in February, but it was marked complete March 2nd.

I think they are always a little behind in this program, so I doubt we'll hear anything until May. I'm trying not to think about it because worrying won't do any good. However, judging by previous years - it's 3.6 and 30 MCATs that get in.. I wish we could hear if people with worse stats got in. Seeing people who didn't perform at their best in undergrad actually getting in would be nice to see!

However, judging by previous years - it's 3.6 and 30 MCATs that get in.. I wish we could hear if people with worse stats got in. Seeing people who didn't perform at their best in undergrad actually getting in would be nice to see!

You're right - that does seem to be the trend from previous years. But the website does have a lower average GPA listed. I feel like the 3.6 GPAs are outliers. After all, they could go to medical school directly without paying for an extra year of post-bacc, so I'm unsure why they'd do the program.

Reactions: 1 user
You're right - that does seem to be the trend from previous years. But the website does have a lower average GPA listed. I feel like the 3.6 GPAs are outliers. After all, they could go to medical school directly without paying for an extra year of post-bacc, so I'm unsure why they'd do the program.

Exactly! It makes no sense. I know people who've gotten into medical school with those stats..!

Does anybody know how many applicants there are for this program annually? On AMCAS's site, it shows that ~26 people get accepted to the TUSM ACMS program. That's quite a small number!

They have stats on their website: http://www.temple.edu/medicine/ppp/prospective_students/entering_profile.htm

ACMS 2014 ENTERING CLASS PROFILE:
  • Number matriculated: 34
  • Average age: 23
  • Average science GPA: 3.2
  • Average overall GPA: 3.55

By complete, you mean you got an email saying it was complete and being sent to review, is that correct? My application status didn't change on the website, but I don't think it does judging by what previous applicants have said.
I think I applied in February, but it was marked complete March 2nd.

I think they are always a little behind in this program, so I doubt we'll hear anything until May. I'm trying not to think about it because worrying won't do any good. However, judging by previous years - it's 3.6 and 30 MCATs that get in.. I wish we could hear if people with worse stats got in. Seeing people who didn't perform at their best in undergrad actually getting in would be nice to see!
on the website it does not say complete but I got an email that says it is complete and under review. They just posted on their website that they have eliminated the mcat as a requirement for people applying to the BCMS program that is not fair at all.

on the website it does not say complete but I got an email that says it is complete and under review. They just posted on their website that they have eliminated the mcat as a requirement for people applying to the BCMS program that is not fair at all.
I thought the MCAT wasn't required for either program..?

I thought the MCAT wasn't required for either program..?
I think what they mean is the MCAT isn't a requirement for matriculation to the MD program. For both programs, it used to be that a 30 MCAT was the bar.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my God.... what total bull that is. I can't believe that!

Hell, now I want to apply to the BCMS program too..! Grrr..

Hello, I received an invitation for an interview yesterday. I submitted my application mid-Dec, but it was not marked complete and ready for review until the first week of Jan.

My one recommendation: Apply early!!!! Application opens in Oct. Don't wait until Mar/April to apply because I am sure the pure volume of applications they receive must become overwhelming over time. I will let you know how my interview goes. I do not have any information about how many people apply and how many are accepted. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hello, I received an invitation for an interview yesterday. I submitted my application mid-Dec, but it was not marked complete and ready for review until the first week of Jan.

My one recommendation: Apply early!!!! Application opens in Oct. Don't wait until Mar/April to apply because I am sure the pure volume of applications they receive must become overwhelming over time. I will let you know how my interview goes. I do not have any information about how many people apply and how many are accepted. Sorry about that.
Congratulations. I didn't apply till 2nd week of February and I got an email my application was complete first week of March. I hope I didn't apply too late. Did you get the completed application through email or was it marked online as complete?And are you AMCS or BMCS?

Congratulations. I didn't apply till 2nd week of February and I got an email my application was complete first week of March. I hope I didn't apply too late. Did you get the completed application through email or was it marked online as complete?And are you AMCS or BMCS?
ACMS.

I received an email that my app was complete. This was on Jan 13. They also confirmed that they received my App/Fee on the 5th. I think the earlier you apply, the quicker your app is processed. Also, I hear people complaining about how no one picks up when they call. I called them earlier in the application cycle and they were very much available, polite and helpful. So, people interested in the program for next year, please apply ASAP! And the wonderful thing about the ACMS/BCMS program is that you can leverage your AMCAS application that you may have submitted to TUSM. No other post bacc allows you to streamline your application process in such a manner.

I think you are still pretty early in the app cycle. Hopefully, for the second round you will get in. Goodluck! :)

Congratulations! I'm really glad to hear that! I applied relatively late (two weeks ago) and am still waiting on the completion email. I really hope I'm not too late.

Hey @vm783, I also was marked complete 1/13/15, but haven't heard back. Do you think it might be a silent rejection?

Should I call and ask if anything is up? Btw congrats on the II!!

You all applied sooo early. I was marked complete on 2/4/15 fro ACMS. Still waiting to hear for a couple of MD schools but better safe than sorry.

I have an acceptance to a MBS program but would prefer Temple because of the conditional admission situation. I dont want to have to apply to medical school ever again. This process SUCKS.

That being ranted, looking forward to interviewing here

You all applied sooo early. I was marked complete on 2/4/15 fro ACMS. Still waiting to hear for a couple of MD schools but better safe than sorry.

I have an acceptance to a MBS program but would prefer Temple because of the conditional admission situation. I dont want to have to apply to medical school ever again. This process SUCKS.

That being ranted, looking forward to interviewing here
Congrats on your interview invite! When will you be interviewing?
I have an acceptance to Georgetowns SMP, but would also probably prefer Temple (actually I'm not so sure thats true, still conflicted, but not hearing from Temple makes my life a little easier I guess lol)

Congrats on your interview invite! When will you be interviewing?
I have an acceptance to Georgetowns SMP, but would also probably prefer Temple (actually I'm not so sure thats true, still conflicted, but not hearing from Temple makes my life a little easier I guess lol)

I dont have an interview invite yet, that last line was all HOPE lol

Lol! I like that attitude, very positive haha best of luck, I hope you get one too!

How did you all decide which hospital you wanted to do your 3rd and 4th years at?
Am interested in cardiology so I looked at all the hospitals and the various disciplines of medicine they concentrate on. There is a vidoe for each one.

I've posted this before in the other thread, but unless you're 100% sure of which clinical campus you want (as in, you have family near one or whatever other reason), pick Temple as your clinical campus. It's not hard to switch to a clinical campus other than Temple if you change your mind later, and a couple of campuses will probably give a presentation to show you what they have to offer. Switching back to Temple's campus from one of the satellite campuses is much more difficult, particularly after the ACMS year is over, since you'll have to find someone to trade places with you.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone heard anything? Are they interviewing for ACMS yet? :::sighs:::

Does anyone know when they usually send out the second rounds of interviews?

Does anyone know when they usually send out the second rounds of interviews?

My application was marked complete on March 9 too. Same as you.
I have read most of the previous threads. It appears most of the interview invites won't be until Mid May to early June for June and July Interviews. That's when we'll hear back. They don't send out rejection e-mails until early July.

My application was marked complete on March 9 too. Same as you.
I have read most of the previous threads. It appears most of the interview invites won't be until Mid May to early June for June and July Interviews. That's when we'll hear back. They don't send out rejection e-mails until early July.
Ok I guess I have to wait for 2 or 3 more weeks then.

Has anyone heard back from the ACMS program for an interview for the 2015 cycle? I submitted in February and still have not heard.....

Has anyone heard back from the ACMS program for an interview for the 2015 cycle? I submitted in February and still have not heard.....
I haven't , but looking at some of the older post we should be hearing back sometime soon.

Submitted mid March , haven't heard anything yet too :/

I haven't , but looking at some of the older post we should be hearing back sometime soon.
Yeah that is what I have heard by looking at other things too. I am just concerned about potentially not having an interview until July... that doesn't leave much time to decide and most rolling admissions programs want to know within two weeks. I am already temporarily committed to another as a back-up.. so I don't know how long I would hypothetically have to back out if that makes sense

At the moment they are probably busy with BCMS because the classes start next Monday. I think the next round of interview invites probably go out towards end of May. Again, I am not privy to this information so this is just a guess.

How the heck are they still working on BCMS? They have some serious issues if they haven't settled on their BCMS class.

I don't mean the application. The same group of people handle all the administrative elements of both the programs. They work closely with BCMS and ACMS students from start to finish. I wouldn't be surprised if they are just busy ensuring everything is set to go for the incoming BCMS batch.

Should I even be checking the portal? Has that changed for anyone?

any1 get any updates, emails, phone calls? anythin?

is the most likely interview invite way through email?

Nope, nothing on my end.

Interview invites are via email.
hi vm783, did your interview go well or is it scheduled for may? any idea why you may have received such an early invite (are you a re-applicant or temple student)? thanks! congrats again!

hi vm783, did your interview go well or is it scheduled for may? any idea why you may have received such an early invite (are you a re-applicant or temple student)? thanks! congrats again!
My interview was in April and it went well. It was very relaxed and the whole day was organized around helping the interviewees understand the program. Mine was not the earliest interview date though. I think the first interview was scheduled in Feb according to some member here. I think mine fell within their regular interview schedule for the ACMS program. I am not a re-applicant or a Temple student so I do not think those were the reasons. I think it's probably a combination of when you submit the application and the strength of your application. I think people have stated here that this year Temple received a significantly higher volume of application so it is even more competitive.

Did anyone here use interfolio to submit their LORs? If so, did you have interfolio email the letters or mail them?

Hey guys,
SO I recently found out about this program.
The deadline is listed as June 1 for ACMS. But would I still have a shot if I apply this week as I've gotten the sense that many have already applied and some have even interviewed. Is it rolling admissions?

Hey guys,
SO I recently found out about this program.
The deadline is listed as June 1 for ACMS. But would I still have a shot if I apply this week as I've gotten the sense that many have already applied and some have even interviewed. Is it rolling admissions?
It is rolling admissions

Has anyone asked for an update? I was complete on 2/4/15 and I am sitting in the silence...