Temple Post Bacc ACMS 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also come late to high school from another country took the SAT but am not very good at standardized testing which is why both my MCAT and SAT scores are low. My GPA is a 3.4 with really great extra curricula's 3 years of research and . I was planning on re-taking my MCAT anyways but I wouldn't get my score until a month after the deadline. For anyone who was accepted, do I have any chance of getting in?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I'm looking at applying for next year to this SMP and I have a question:

How do we know that progression to med school is effectively guaranteed for those with good GPA in the program and a passable MCAT? I looked on their website briefly and I didn't come across anything explicit (even regarding a promise of interview, a la Drexel)?

Hi guys, I'm looking at applying for next year to this SMP and I have a question:

How do we know that progression to med school is effectively guaranteed for those with good GPA in the program and a passable MCAT? I looked on their website briefly and I didn't come across anything explicit (even regarding a promise of interview, a la Drexel)?

Not true. They mention on the website that one needs to have maintained a certain GPA in the program and must have an MCAT score that is 75th percentile or higher. That essentially equates to having a 30 or higher for the old MCAT and a 508 or higher for the new one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I had a question about the application cycle for ACMS grads.

So do you apply after you are complete with the program (meaning 1 more gap year for the application cycle after the program) or do you apply prior to the start of the program? I couldn't find any info on this other than the 30 mcat -> interview linkage system

Thanks
Hey! I just found this thread and noticed it didn't look like anyone had answered your question yet. I finished my post bac year in April 2015 and am currently a first year med student. If accepted into the program you will not have to take an additional gap year and following successful completion of the requirements, you would start med school a few months after finishing up post bac.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I just found this thread and noticed it didn't look like anyone had answered your question yet. I finished my post bac year in April 2015 and am currently a first year med student. If accepted into the program you will not have to take an additional gap year and following successful completion of the requirements, you would start med school a few months after finishing up post bac.
Great! Thanks so much for your answer! I am really hoping that I get accepted. I have been complete since 3/13 and am patiently waiting!

Anyone get an interview invite yet?

Congrats for temple ACMS interviews and good luck. Could you please share some stats on your MCAT and GPA. Thanks

Congrats for temple ACMS interviews and good luck. Could you please share some stats on your MCAT and GPA. Thanks
Yes. And I'm not totally sure on those numbers- that's more just of what I've heard. However admissions has definitely taken less people who still have to take the MCAT. Our class has only 5 out of 35 who have to take it. I've heard that those who haven't taken it have very strong GPAs and SAT scores (>1400 for math and CR)

My MCAT 2015 is 87th percentile, but my undergraduate GPA isn't competitive. sGPA 3.00 cGPA 3.05. There was a definite upward trend, but my freshman year was a disaster and I had to work full time every year since.

I'm a registered nurse in the critical care units and the emergency department. I have undergraduate research experience and a lot of volunteering experiences. Also, I occupied several leadership roles in extracurricular activities. I have significant ties to the area and I will not have to work during the program or medical school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thanks for the information!
My cGPA is ~3.5 and sGPA of ~3.3 with an MCAT of 509. Loads of research and leadership roles but no ties to the area. I honestly wasn't expecting much out of my application here but am stoked to be getting an interview as apparently there is a significantly high Interview:Acceptance ratio.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Congrats to everyone who got an invite! Do you guys mind saying when you had your application complete?

Just want to verify, it's a total of 32,000 characters for all 7 essays, correct?

II a couple days ago via e-mail. I'm very excited!! How long does it usually take to hear back after the interview? Also, does the admissions committee allow new LOR to be sent in after the interview? Thank you!

If it's required, I'd do my best to include it. I submitted my official SAT scores even though I took the MCAT.

Last edited:
Anyone heard this week abt interviews? How long it will take to get the answer, after your app is under review?

Does anyone know what the chances of getting accepted are without an MCAT score?

Can someone please explain to me where to find the sGPA calculation spreadsheet? I tried searching, and found an online calculator, but not a spreadsheet anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Anybody interview today or yesterday?

I was supposed to interview but got pulled off a waitlist at an MD school the day before. Hope the experience went well for you!

Site is so quiet. Did any one hear abt interview this week?

Is it possible to pay for this program entirely with loans? Can you use fed loans?

Is it possible to pay for this program entirely with loans? Can you use fed loans?
Because you don't actually get a degree, you are going to have to take out some private loans to pay for it.

Got an interview today. Very excited! Does anyone know what the tests at the Clinical Skills Facility consists of?

I know this question has already been asked but, roughly what percent of people that interview get accepted to the program

Also, what percent of students who get accepted, and need to take the MCAT, get accepted to the Medical School

Also, what percent of students who get accepted, and need to take the MCAT, get accepted to the Medical School
There are no definite numbers, but it is a high percentage of interviewees who get accepted. In terms of students who get into the med school, it isn't as much of a guarantee for those who need to take the MCAT, but I believe it is still a high percentage

Last edited:
Congrats! When is your interview date?

Hey, did you ever hear back after your interview? And could you provide some more information about the interview?

Anyone who applied late February or early March get an interview yet?

Has everyone that interviewed on April 26th heard back yet? I still haven't and I'm getting a bit nervous

Has everyone that interviewed on April 26th heard back yet? I still haven't and I'm getting a bit nervous

I think they have already. I didn't hear back either. I guess it's a passive rejection.

I think they have already. I didn't hear back either. I guess it's a passive rejection.

Are you sure? I don't think they would give silent rejections to people they interviewed

Are you sure? I don't think they would give silent rejections to people they interviewed

I interviewed then as well and I haven't heard a thing from them. I just don't think they've sent anything out yet.

I interviewed then as well and I haven't heard a thing from them. I just don't think they've sent anything out yet.
One of the others that we interviewed with was accepted almost two weeks ago