Temple Post Bacc ACMS 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anybody know around when we can expect to hear back from the program's adcom?

Members don't see this ad.

I read in previous threads that this program sends rejections out late in the summer. Just in case, I put down a small amount of money as a deposit for my seat in TCMC's masters of biomedical sciences program. The medical school is gorgeous! And I'm pretty excited for this fall. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The program is known to be unorganized and may not even bother to send a rejection email. They silent reject many people.

Good question. I don't know for sure, but it would appear that way.

They definitely will email a rejection- they did so last year. They even accidentally sent it to the people who had previously been accepted. I believe they sent it sometime in mid-July.

Reactions: 1 user
That is not true for everyone. I applied early last year and did not hear back at all. They silent reject plenty of people.

I checked my application status, and it says 'Admission denied.'

I am disappointed, but I am thankful I had two other options - Georgetown SMP and TCMC's MBS. I chose the latter after visiting their open house. Fantastic program with kind people and exceptional facilities.

Perhaps I'll do a PhD at Temple one day. Thanks and good luck everyone!

It appears that they waitlist too. I got an email telling me that essentially I am still in the pool of possible candidates but not accepted (yet hopefully).

It appears that they waitlist too. I got an email telling me that essentially I am still in the pool of possible candidates but not accepted (yet hopefully).
Did you interview April 26th? And when did you get that email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I checked my application status, and it says 'Admission denied.'

I am disappointed, but I am thankful I had two other options - Georgetown SMP and TCMC's MBS. I chose the latter after visiting their open house. Fantastic program with kind people and exceptional facilities.

Perhaps I'll do a PhD at Temple one day. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Where did you find the admission decision?

I submitted my application 5-31 and just sent out all my supporting material today. I know it's very late and it's a long shot. When I checked my application status, it still says "incomplete items outstanding." I didn't send them my SAT scores because they're from 10 years ago. When I emailed temple ACMS, they said an MCAT score is okay in place of the SAT score requirement.

Does anyone know or have experience with this? I feel I sent in everything already and my status hasn't changed. Also emailed them again but no response yet.

I just got something in the mail for temple podiatric school... :wtf:

Can anybody comment on upcoming scheduled interview dates? Are interviews finished or are interview invites still being sent out? (Possibly @bruno13 or @medschoolhopeful11345 ?) Thank you in advance
It is starting to get later in the interview season. From our class, I think the last interviews were probably in mid-July, and were small (the last were individual people, I believe). It isn't over yet though, most likely.

Just got an interview for July 7 this morning (complete mid-April) ! Unfortunately I've already signed the housing lease at another med school; definitely bittersweet since Temple was easily my top choice when I interviewed back in January with the med school. Hope one of you gets the interview invite instead! (btw the interview day's clinical skills facility portion is really fun; just be yourself and you'll be fine).

Just got an interview for July 7 this morning (complete mid-April) ! Unfortunately I've already signed the housing lease at another med school; definitely bittersweet since Temple was easily my top choice when I interviewed back in January with the med school. Hope one of you gets the interview invite instead! (btw the interview day's clinical skills facility portion is really fun; just be yourself and you'll be fine).
i was complete midmarch and looks like im not getting an II... sad sad

I just got put on the "continuing candidates" list, was that what you received too? Is that a good thing for us?

image.png

My portal states "This step will be checked off once a decision has been made on your application.", so most likely some decision has been made on your application at this point.
That's what I thought, but I haven't received an email concerning my decision...

It says denied but I think that was for the medical school application, not the post bacc application

If it is unclear to you whether that refers to your med school application or post bacc application, I don't think it would be unreasonable to call the office for clarification.

If it is unclear to you whether that refers to your med school application or post bacc application, I don't think it would be unreasonable to call the office for clarification.
Unfortunately the person who picks up the phone cannot give me a straight answer. She also doesn't/ can't refer me to someone else. All she does is take my name down and not call me back....

The women got back to me and said that the other site refers to the md program that I got rejected from and that I should only trust TUPORTAL

anyone know of the last interview date? I see someone has posted for 7/6 but any more after?

I am pretty sure it is kinda the end of the road for those that did not get an interview yet (myself included).