Temple Post Bacc ACMS 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am pretty sure it is kinda the end of the road for those that did not get an interview yet (myself included).

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone get an email today asking about their recent grades?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview for July 7 this morning (complete mid-April) ! Unfortunately I've already signed the housing lease at another med school; definitely bittersweet since Temple was easily my top choice when I interviewed back in January with the med school. Hope one of you gets the interview invite instead! (btw the interview day's clinical skills facility portion is really fun; just be yourself and you'll be fine).

Just got an interview for July 7 this morning (complete mid-April) ! Unfortunately I've already signed the housing lease at another med school; definitely bittersweet since Temple was easily my top choice when I interviewed back in January with the med school. Hope one of you gets the interview invite instead! (btw the interview day's clinical skills facility portion is really fun; just be yourself and you'll be fine).

Sorry just joined this forum. Also got interview invite for July 7 last June 20 (maybe I got your spot!). Maybe the last interview this cycle. GPA 3.4 and MCAT 32. To be interviewed by 2 faculty followed by 3 activities at clinical skills? Any suggestions or tips. I wonder what my chances are to be accepted? Thanks.

Sorry just joined this forum. Also got interview invite for July 7 last June 20 (maybe I got your spot!). Maybe the last interview this cycle. GPA 3.4 and MCAT 32. To be interviewed by 2 faculty followed by 3 activities at clinical skills? Any suggestions or tips. I wonder what my chances are to be accepted? Thanks.
I can't give specific details about the clinical skills portion but just be yourself for both that section and your interviews. For the clinical skills portion, as long as you're capable of holding a conversation then you should be fine! The interviews weren't stressful; just be prepared to answer the standard questions like "why medicine" and "why temple" and know a bit about ACA/Obamacare and common ethics situations (just enough that you can take a stance on it and back your claims). Best of luck! :)

I still haven't heard anything since my last post over a month ago. Guess I've been "silently rejected" :/ . Good thing I have a backup plan lol Good luck to everyone else.

Got my acceptance yesterday. Here's my timeline for those still anxious to hear, like I was:

App complete early Feb ish
Interviewed June 6
Not sure when the Adcom met
Acceptance July 1 via email

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi congrats! could you share your stats if you don't mind?

Yea I don't mind:

3.61 GPA
3.38 sGPA
76th MCAT
Lots of healthcare experience etc. etc.

From last year's thread looks like July 1 was the last interview date.

For any of July 6 interviewees let us know if you hear anything please!

Members don't see this ad :)
is there a Facebook group for accepted students?

is there a Facebook group for accepted students?

Hi Chris, There is a facebook group for LKSOM ACMS and BCMS students. Students get added to the group once their tuition deposit is confirmed with the admissions office.

Congrats on everyone who has been accepted so far! I am an ACMS alum, so if anyone has any questions about the program feel free to message me. ACMS is a great program and Temple Med is a amazing place. Good luck to everyone.

Hi, I have applied mid March my app still in under review. When will be the final interviews for 2016? Thanks in advance.

I called today and an office representative said they're still interviewing and offering interviews. And those who haven't heard back like myself should be hearing back in a few weeks, which is irritating because some of us have been waiting for over 10 weeks. The rep also said that she doesn't know when they will be having their final interview. I honestly do not know if this is suppose to give us hope but we will see, I guess.

Thanks for inquiring. Really waiting is frustrating.

Reactions: 1 user
I called today and an office representative said they're still interviewing and offering interviews. And those who haven't heard back like myself should be hearing back in a few weeks, which is irritating because some of us have been waiting for over 10 weeks. The rep also said that she doesn't know when they will be having their final interview. I honestly do not know if this is suppose to give us hope but we will see, I guess.
This is really funny because I had called earlier today and she sort of laughed initially as if it was not the first time receiving such phone call haha.
And yes I got the same answer

can any admitted student see how the classes are filling up? Just curious how many empty seats there are at this point

Anyone know when this program starts? Like is it possible to have interviews this late...

Anyone know when this program starts? Like is it possible to have interviews this late...
Last year ACMS started at the end of August, if I'm remembering correctly. It isn't too late, but it's getting later in the cycle. Some were accepted as late as early August last year

Mother of pearl! Just got a interview invite today! I was not expecting that at all... I had assumed the interviews were pretty much over & that it was basically a rejection at this point. What a pleasant surprise :)
My interview is for the 20th - they didn't give me any options so not sure if it's the last interview (tho I would assume so)?
Any advice for interview day? Dress/hotel/Qs to be prepped for/weather?

Mother of pearl! Just got a interview invite today! I was not expecting that at all... I had assumed the interviews were pretty much over & that it was basically a rejection at this point. What a pleasant surprise :)
My interview is for the 20th - they didn't give me any options so not sure if it's the last interview (tho I would assume so)?

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking - when was your app complete and what are your stats?

Has anyone ever heard of any positive outcomes of someone that was on the waitlist for ACMS?

d
big congrats!!! I would love to hear back from them as well!

I'm also interviewing on the 20th! And am also wondering where to stay and any advice about the clinical section?

can any admitted student see how the classes are filling up? Just curious how many empty seats there are at this point
Interviewed last July 7 and they told us there are enough to accommodate all of us (7 interviewed). The fact that they have another date scheduled 7/20 means that those slots have not been filled up yet.

Interviewed last July 7 and they told us there are enough to accommodate all of us (7 interviewed). The fact that they have another date scheduled 7/20 means that those slots have not been filled up yet.
Thanks for the reply. I am still waiting for an invite but looks like I won't be getting it at this point

I'm also interviewing on the 20th! And am also wondering where to stay and any advice about the clinical section?

hey - after the interview invite did they e-mail you again with more info? They told me that they would but I haven't gotten any such e-mail. I just want to make sure I don't miss out on any important info. Also does your TUportal still saying decision pending? Or did it update to interview status or something? Thanks :)

hey - after the interview invite did they e-mail you again with more info? They told me that they would but I haven't gotten any such e-mail. I just want to make sure I don't miss out on any important info. Also does your TUportal still saying decision pending? Or did it update to interview status or something? Thanks :)

Good luck to you and hibni on you respective interviews tomorrow. Nothing to be nervous about and just be yourself. Still no word from my interview on July 7 so looks like they will wait for interview results tomorrow before deciding on the possibly remaining pool. Ask you interviewer when the adcom meets and when the decision is going to be so folks can either prepare to go to Philly or move on with their lives.

@VinnyNova @pdel

Thanks guys! So at the interview they told us that it's been hard trying to get together the admissions committee & physicians during summer but that they are going to have a meeting this Friday (tomorrow). Not sure whether that means we'll have a response by Friday or Monday or maybe after? But we'll get the e-mail soon-ish! They're trying to get back to us as soon as possible since classes start August 29th :)
As far as how many seats are still left... idk. They didn't say. As you all know there's 30 seats. But if they interviewed about 11 of us in July that must mean they have at least a hand full of seats to offer right?
I think that's all I've got in term of useful information. Best of Luck!

Last edited:
@VinnyNova @pdel

Thanks guys! So at the interview they told us that it's been hard trying to get together the admissions committee & physicians during summer but that they are going to have a meeting this Friday (tomorrow). Not sure whether that means we'll have a response by Friday or Monday or maybe after? But we'll get the e-mail soon-ish! They're trying to get back to us as soon as possible since classes start August 29th :)
As far as how many seats are still left... idk. They didn't say. As you all know there's 30 seats. But if they interviewed about 11 of us in July that must mean they have at least a hand full of seats to offer right?
I think that's all I've got in term of useful information. Best of Luck!

Thanks for the info. I take it that there were 4 of you that interviewed (including hibni) . The adcom really needs to hustle because the DNC in the Philly next week and who knows what will happen? Hope it's Friday - lots of things can be done on the weekend (without the suspense).

Hi Chris, There is a facebook group for LKSOM ACMS and BCMS students. Students get added to the group once their tuition deposit is confirmed with the admissions office.

Congrats on everyone who has been accepted so far! I am an ACMS alum, so if anyone has any questions about the program feel free to message me. ACMS is a great program and Temple Med is a amazing place. Good luck to everyone.

Finally got the much awaited email at 4:30 PM. Got in! Anybody else got it? I expect to be more since this may be the last interview session on 7/20. @PAmedic do you happen to have the Facebook link? I need to find housing on short notice. Any suggestions?

Did anybody who interviewed in July and was hoping to hear back yesterday not hear anything at all (accept/reject/waitlist email or online status update)?
I havent heard anything yet. I was waitlisted June 10th, i dont think its a good sign for us

Finally got the much awaited email at 4:30 PM. Got in! Anybody else got it? I expect to be more since this may be the last interview session on 7/20. @PAmedic do you happen to have the Facebook link? I need to find housing on short notice. Any suggestions?

If you got the link, I need it as well for the same reasons.

If you got the link, I need it as well for the same reasons.
Congrats! You get it when you submit your deposit. Alas, I had to defer my going to ACMS so hopefully one of the posters here will get in.

Do you know when the deposit is due by for accepted students? I'm on the waitlist so just trying to figure out by when I should expect a final decision by :/

I applied May 21 and still haven't heard anything. Do you think there is no hope or are they still interviewing?

Do you know when the deposit is due by for accepted students? I'm on the waitlist so just trying to figure out by when I should expect a final decision by :/
The deposit is due within 1 week of receipt of the acceptance letter.

Is it worth applying to this program for 2017?

I graduated in 2014 with a 3.3 GPA (3.0 Sci) and a very poor MCAT score when it came out in April 2015. I'm looking for a structured program that also provides MCAT prep.

Can anyone in the program offer advice?

Opinions on my possibility as well please.
Graduated Temple Univ 2016.
B.S in Kinesiology.
Received acceptance to DPT, but rejected the offers to pursue medicine.
cGPA3.54 sGPA3.4
(Currently doing DIY with Orgo1/2 and Bio1/2 for Fall'16 and Spring'17)
NO MCAT scores. (have not taken)
Gre V152 Q156 W4.0
EMT, Research, Leadership roles in College.

Freaking out because I don't know how to approach my next steps without having to waste more time and money. If there are other recommended steps or diff post bacs, I'll truly appreciate them.