Temple Post Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacchopefully1223

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have searched the forms, but wanted to ask another question about Temple's post bacc program.

I can imagine that it is now HIGHLY competitive due to the MCAT being taken out.. I am interested in where I would stand...

3.257 cGPA
4.0 sGPA (only took chemistry in college)
Former D1 scholarship athlete, and former pre elite athlete post college
Currently in a unique HR related profession where I have to have exceptional people skills
Volunteer in a hospital ER, and transport patients to tests, and help families.

Is there any way I can enhance my chances of getting in, despite my low GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

I have searched the forms, but wanted to ask another question about Temple's post bacc program.

I can imagine that it is now HIGHLY competitive due to the MCAT being taken out.. I am interested in where I would stand...

3.257 cGPA
4.0 sGPA (only took chemistry in college)
Former D1 scholarship athlete, and former pre elite athlete post college
Currently in a unique HR related profession where I have to have exceptional people skills
Volunteer in a hospital ER, and transport patients to tests, and help families.

Is there any way I can enhance my chances of getting in, despite my low GPA?
Presumably you are talking about the BCMS program. Yes, it is a very competitive program that is very hard to get into. Yes, your GPA is about 0.3 below the average GPA of the 2012 entering class (it appears this number is probably right around a 3.6 now.) But I still think it would be reasonable for you to apply, and within the realm of possibility for you to actually get in.
Your EC's are cool but they are not "stats-boosting" amazing. Unless you feel like serving your country for several years, there really isn't anything you can do about this.
I understand the appeal in hedging all of your bets with Temple; that guaranteed acceptance is sexy as hell. But there are other, less-competitive postbacc programs that you should focus on. At the end of the day, if you do well the end result of getting into med school will be the same.

Thanks so much for your response... Do you have a suggestion for any other post baccs I should be applying to? I've done quite a bit of research, and went to the Columbia info session, as well as Tufts. I have a phone call with northeastern, am considering Fordham, and NYU as well. Any others?

Thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no guaranteed acceptance. Read the fine print. The only guarantee for good performance is an interview.

There is no guaranteed acceptance. Read the fine print. The only guarantee for good performance is an interview.
You're thinking of the dental school post-bacc. This thread is for the ACMS/BCMS med school post-baccs, which are definitely guaranteed admission.

You're thinking of the dental school post-bacc. This thread is for the ACMS/BCMS med school post-baccs, which are definitely guaranteed admission.

The guaranteed med school seat is if accepted into their program, you maintain 3.5 or> in all courses and meet their required MCAT scores. It is ONLY if you meet them as they have expressly stated that they will save you a ms seat. But sure. First you have to get admitted into one of their 2 PBPM programs.