Temple...this is weird

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

One More Rep

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview offer from Temple, but I never sent the supplemental app. because I was low on funds and decided Temple was a bit out of my price range. Has this happened to anyone else??

Members don't see this ad.

That is weird. I was under the impression that your application wouldn't even be reviewed until ALL information was received, supplemental stuff included. I imagine that they saw you were a strong student and said we gotta get a look at this person. It does make you wonder though. :confused:

The same thing happened to me with Emory. They received my PTCAS and GRE scores and given me an offer to interview before I even sent in the supplemental application materials. I hadn't sent in my supplemental materials because I wasn't sure anymore that I wanted to apply there (it was to far away) and then I just randomly got an unexpected e-mail with an interview invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's weird...sort of. At one of my interviews people were writing checks, assuming it was for the supplemental fee. But I interviewed at Temple and there wasn't anyone writing checks (well, I didn't see it at least). Did they say that you have the opportunity to pay at the interview. I would hate for you to be blind sided by the supplemental fee at the interview, but then again, maybe they decided to waive the fee because of your strong stats.

Maybe message SDN member ajune, she is a 1st year at Temple.

That's weird...sort of. At one of my interviews people were writing checks, assuming it was for the supplemental fee. But I interviewed at Temple and there wasn't anyone writing checks (well, I didn't see it at least). Did they say that you have the opportunity to pay at the interview. I would hate for you to be blind sided by the supplemental fee at the interview, but then again, maybe they decided to waive the fee because of your strong stats.

Maybe message SDN member ajune, she is a 1st year at Temple.

The email said they offer phone interviews for students with hardship. Perhaps I will just do that so I don't get blindsided with an extra cost. How did you feel about the interview and the school?

The email said they offer phone interviews for students with hardship. Perhaps I will just do that so I don't get blindsided with an extra cost. How did you feel about the interview and the school?
OMG!!!! How did I feel about the program??? Amazing staff, amazing facilities (library is awesome, it's made out of glass, no seriously like a glass house, cadaver lab is awesome, faculty is awesome..wait i already said that, students are awesome which will be second years if you/I/we decide to go there. The downfall, is the area where the health science campus is in (im for reals yo, this place is ghetto..) but you know what, I look past that because the program is great in my opinion. But if your from Philly, I hear that you should be used to it. Im from "small" town Tallahassee (~200,00 in population) so you get the picture. Anyway, the students and faculty interact with each other like they are "equals" more like colleagues and not the student:teacher, put you in your place, type deal. Oh, and the price ouch...but it is what it is.

The interview went so well, it was sooo laid back. not even the typical interview questions. In my group we started out with whats my name, college/degree, and what was the best thing I ate that week. Ha, that broke the ice right then. More like getting to know me as a person, I didn't even get why PT and why Temple questions. More like what motto do I live by and what is the best advice anyone has ever given me.

And you know what, phone interview sounds like a great idea since it sounded like (from your OP) you gave up on it? Maybe? (in terms of attending there, not because of your stats)

Oh and are the programs in the northwest that you applied to your top choices. I remember we were talking about your backup schools and I was trying to figure out which ones were back ups and which ones were your top choices. Puget sound in seattle?, nice! Oh, and Regis, cool, but I would never live in Denver unless Tebow leaves. I cannot stand the face of his holiness (it's a joke-relax).

Oh and are the programs in the northwest that you applied to your top choices. I remember we were talking about your backup schools and I was trying to figure out which ones were back ups and which ones were your top choices. Puget sound in seattle?, nice! Oh, and Regis, cool, but I would never live in Denver unless Tebow leaves. I cannot stand the face of his holiness (it's a joke-relax).

Haha, I am a Georgia girl, so Tebow is no friend of mine, either. I am hoping to get into a Georgia school since my family is here and I need the support system while I am in school. I can always move when I graduate. That being said, Hunter is a top choice as well since I love NYC and I have family there, too. Also, the program is very affordable, even for an out of state student. As far as Temple, I am used to going to school in a rough neighborhood, so that wouldn't be an issue for me! I am still deciding what to do about the interview. I had not planned on visiting Philly, but I am always up for a road trip!

Good luck!

Temple seems like a disorganized program (at least from the application side of things) to me. I applied very early and had everything in order. Come to find out they lost half of my application, though they of course cashed my $65 check...After much extra work on my part, they "found" my application and offered me an interview in the next cycle...I've heard good things about their program (that's why I applied--they were probably 3 or 4 on my list), but did not appreciate how I was treated throughout the process.

Sounds like you're on the other side of it though, so good luck with the interview and school!