Temple Univ. Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news on the 16th interview?
I guess the 16th and 17th will know around the same time because the committee was supposed to meet on the 20th to discuss the applications

Members don't see this ad.

Got my acceptance today!! Interviewed on the 16th and was notified by email!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed the 16th, accepted today. See you in the fall!! If you're interested in rooming please send a PM!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess its a no at this point. I retook the MCAT on June 21. It seemed to be the outlier in my app (9/9/8)...3.6 Cumgpa, 3.5 sciGPA, graduated with honors, with an honors thesis and a publication. Hopefully I did better on the MCAT this time. Also got into another postbacc, will probs be attending that...would still drop everything for this program

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Can any of the accepted students post your approximate stats that you applied with? Congrats and thanks!

Can any of the accepted students post your approximate stats that you applied with? Congrats and thanks!
31 MCAT (10,10,11)

3.47 cumgpa, 3.44 sGPA with huge upward trend. Interviewed before spring grades closed so they were in the 3.3's when I was invited. 3.5+ past 5 semesters with increasing semester GPA each semester, ending with a 4.0 my last semester in 500-levels. I think that's what really helped me.

Distinction in neuroscience (completed an honors research thesis) and cum laude.

Last edited:
Don't lose hope, when I talked to them on the phone yesterday they said that not all interviews were discussed on June 20th. So the applications of some students who interviewed on the 16th and 17th will be discussed in the next committee meeting.

MCAT 30-33, sGPA ~3.5, cGPA ~3.7

Really enjoyed the interview day, I hope everyone from the 16th gets accepted. Great group dynamic.

For everyone that completed an application: What does your status say on the post-bac website? does status=complete? or just payment received?

For everyone that completed an application: What does your status say on the post-bac website? does status=complete? or just payment received?
I was accepted and mine still says payment received.

Has nobody who interviewed in the 17th heard back?

I am assuming if we haven't heard back for interview, etc, it's too late now? =\

I was complete June 9, and got my MCAT score back June 24 so I had to apply with my SAT scores...

Trishaah, I think there have been some acceptances but not everyone has heard back yet. From looking at the Facebook, they accepted 16 people. Class is getting full. Only a couple more weeks...They keep accepting people on Mondays.

I am assuming if we haven't heard back for interview, etc, it's too late now? =\

I was complete June 9, and got my MCAT score back June 24 so I had to apply with my SAT scores...
I would be very surprised if there's another interview just due to the fact that it's already July and it doesn't seem like anyone's been invited to anything. Also they could fill seats from a waitlist. While the MCAT is definitely not essential for this and sat scores should be sufficient I think the problem was applying so late. :(

I called yesterday, they told me that their is another committee meeting soon to discuss some of the applications that the committee didn't get a chance to discuss last meeting. So i guess some of the people who interviewed on the 16th and 17th should be hearing back soon. Did anyone get waitlisted?

I called yesterday, they told me that their is another committee meeting soon to discuss some of the applications that the committee didn't get a chance to discuss last meeting. So i guess some of the people who interviewed on the 16th and 17th should be hearing back soon. Did anyone get waitlisted?
Do you call the number on the website? Whenever I call no one picks up...

Yeap. Been waitlisted for a while.

Does anyone know if the admcom meeting will be on Monday instead of tomorrow due to 4th of July?

I'm supposing they've been meeting on Fridays because of the Monday acceptances.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the admcom meeting will be on Monday instead of tomorrow due to 4th of July?

I'm supposing they've been meeting on Fridays because of the Monday acceptances.

I don't think they'll meet tomorrow. A few who interviewed on the 16th were told that they'd be reviewed on the 7th of July, and I'd bet some from the 17th will be reviewed for the first time as well. I don't know if they plan to revisit interviewees that have already been reviewed, though.

Hey!

I just finished my undergrad and I had a 3.12 GPA (which I realize is veryyyy low :(). I've been volunteering at the local hospital (ER, stroke unit, mother baby) for the past 7 years, I have 2 months of shadowing experience with a DO and 1 month experience shadowing an MD. My mcat score was really bad so I know I definitely need/want to retake that. I was VP of a the South Asians Socitey and part of a Bhangra dance team on campus for my extra curricular. I have also been doing research on diabetes using fruit flies as a model for the past 3 years.

With all that in mind, if I work at NIH for the next year and then apply to the postbac program at Temple University? Will I be able to get in? Will it help me or am I wasting my money?

Any help will really be appreciated!! If you need any other information from me to answer the question, please don't hesitate to ask! :)

Thanks!!

Hey!

I just finished my undergrad and I had a 3.12 GPA (which I realize is veryyyy low :(). I've been volunteering at the local hospital (ER, stroke unit, mother baby) for the past 7 years, I have 2 months of shadowing experience with a DO and 1 month experience shadowing an MD. My mcat score was really bad so I know I definitely need/want to retake that. I was VP of a the South Asians Socitey and part of a Bhangra dance team on campus for my extra curricular. I have also been doing research on diabetes using fruit flies as a model for the past 3 years.

With all that in mind, if I work at NIH for the next year and then apply to the postbac program at Temple University? Will I be able to get in? Will it help me or am I wasting my money?

Any help will really be appreciated!! If you need any other information from me to answer the question, please don't hesitate to ask! :)

Thanks!!
We really can't say... I mean none of us are on the admissions committee and we all seem to have very different stats and experiences. I think it would be a good idea to apply to this program and several other programs like Special Master's Programs or something, considering it's like <5% acceptance rate. I would definitely retake the MCAT before applying. You can't do anything about your GPA really, but making it clear through your essays and interview (if you get one) about your dedication and everything is very important. If you had a good upward trend that might help, too, but with a 3.12 GPA that's still hard because the average is quite a bit higher and I'd assume that your science GPA is lower still.

Hey guys,
I guess the committee met today, please post anything if you heard back. I doubt we'll hear back before tomorrow though.
Good luck

I got accepted today!!! Interviewed June 16th. OOS

Reactions: 1 users
I bet more people will be accepted tomorrow and after that the class will probably be filled.

They always email acceptances at 2:40 central time so just wait until then.

I have a week and a half left to decide on another SMP program that's my second choice after Temple. I emailed Temple yesterday to ask about the status and they said they were still deciding if they'd do a July interview, and they should let me know within the next week or 2. What should I do about this dilemma? I have to pay a large nonrefundable fee to secure my spot in the program I'm in now (G2SMP), which is a great choice if I don't get accepted to Temple. But in the off-chance they want to interview in July and choose me, I don't want to lose that money, either.

Any idea how I can email this to Temple without rushing them? It's definitely my top choice.

I have a week and a half left to decide on another SMP program that's my second choice after Temple. I emailed Temple yesterday to ask about the status and they said they were still deciding if they'd do a July interview, and they should let me know within the next week or 2. What should I do about this dilemma? I have to pay a large nonrefundable fee to secure my spot in the program I'm in now (G2SMP), which is a great choice if I don't get accepted to Temple. But in the off-chance they want to interview in July and choose me, I don't want to lose that money, either.

Any idea how I can email this to Temple without rushing them? It's definitely my top choice.

I REALLY would not wait on temple for a chance at an interview and then a chance at getting in at this point... If you had already interviewed, it would be a different story but, as it stands, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I REALLY would not wait on temple for a chance at an interview and then a chance at getting in at this point... If you had already interviewed, it would be a different story but, as it stands, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
I second this. It's so late too if there is a late July interview there will be so many headaches with finding a place and everything... I'd go with the other program and just kill it.

There are only 4 spots left and not everybody who interviewed heard back yet :/

I second this. It's so late too if there is a late July interview there will be so many headaches with finding a place and everything... I'd go with the other program and just kill it.

This is true. The program at George Mason/Georgetown is close to home, and if I do well, I'd hope it would add success to this application cycle.

There are only 4 spots left and not everybody who interviewed heard back yet :/

Yikes, only 4? I didn't know that. Ah, looks like I'll be in Virginia next year!

Just as an update so people know, I checked Blackboard today and from that it looks like the class has been filled - 35 people enrolled currently.

It was fun while it lasted guys. Guess the thread's gonna die for another half a year.

Good luck all!

Hey so I just called the admissions office and they said that while the class may be full/close to full, it isn't set yet because people can still withdraw if they get pulled of the waitlist for a medical school. They said the class is set when people get final admissions decisions.

Hey so I just called the admissions office and they said that while the class may be full/close to full, it isn't set yet because people can still withdraw if they get pulled of the waitlist for a medical school. They said the class is set when people get final admissions decisions.
He couldn't tell you if it was full or not?

Also, fat chance that will happen this late in the game. :/ Movement is pretty much over.

Last edited:
Can anyone accepted to the ACMS program share what the schedule is like for the program? Thank you

I am new to this thread, i was wondering what are the chances for 3.35gpa 3.20sgpa with excellent ec's / letter's and hospital experience? are there any specific things to stress in the application like helping under-priveliged communities or something specific? thank you very much! do i have a sh0t?