Temple Univ. Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete 1/30.

This may hurt my application big time, but I didn't have 2 science LORs, so I just sent in 1 science LOR & 2 non science.

Here goes nothing...

Members don't see this ad.

Complete 1/30.

This may hurt my application big time, but I didn't have 2 science LORs, so I just sent in 1 science LOR & 2 non science.

Here goes nothing...

Hey, at least you have one. Who knows, if the the other two are really good it might not even matter ;)

If I may ask, how long did it take from the time you submitted things through SendUsStuff before you were marked complete?

Hey, at least you have one. Who knows, if the the other two are really good it might not even matter ;)

If I may ask, how long did it take from the time you submitted things through SendUsStuff before you were marked complete?
Sure. I submitted my final recommendation about 4 days before I was marked complete!

Members don't see this ad :)
“I have an interview coming up and was wondering if you had any advice/suggestions or feedback regarding the interview day. I noticed that not all interviewees were accepted in previous cycles (seemed to be around 60% acceptance rate) and wanted to make sure that I do the best in terms of setting a good impression on interview day.”

Interview day is relaxed. It's a good/fun interview and you get to learn more about the program. I wouldn't stress about the acceptance rates, but 60% seems low? Although numbers don't lie.

60% is definitely low. I remembered seeing those numbers earlier in the year so I looked it up again. The actual acceptance rate post-interview last cycle was a bit over 80%. Although, they didn't start interviewing until April last year either, so who knows what their plan is this year.

Hi all, this is going to be a bear of a post but I've compiled some of the questions I've gotten in my inbox for everyone to see my responses. I've edited some of the questions and responses.

“What do you think of the program?”
I believe the program is the best of its kind in the country. It offers the ultimate prize of gaining an acceptance into a US allopathic medical school, which I believe is the ultimate goal for many who are looking into programs such as this. We have students who are years out of college and many in different types of family situations.

“Are you doing anything outside of class to prepare yourself for Temple?”

You don't feel pressure to build an application outside of what you're doing for the school which is a huge benefit of the program. You go to class, study, get good grades, and use your free time however you please. For those who have to do the MCAT, there's that component of it. The coursework is challenging but essentially everything is directly related to the medical school curriculum. I've heard from first years (both who have graduated from our program and those who have not) that it helps a LOT in medical school. So I'm certainly excited about that.

“I have an interview coming up and was wondering if you had any advice/suggestions or feedback regarding the interview day. I noticed that not all interviewees were accepted in previous cycles (seemed to be around 60% acceptance rate) and wanted to make sure that I do the best in terms of setting a good impression on interview day.”

Interview day is relaxed. It's a good/fun interview and you get to learn more about the program. I wouldn't stress about the acceptance rates, but 60% seems low? Although numbers don't lie.

“What do you think of the program overall, and do you find the coursework to be manageable (able to obtain the required 3.5 GPA if you work hard)? Is the grading system based on a curve amongst other ACMS students?”

I absolutely love this program. I think the coursework is extremely rigorous, but the grading is fair. This is perfect because you want to keep your spot in the medical school, but you want to have a lot of work your postbac year because it will help you in medical school. NO curves against the other ACMS students - all students should be keeping the 3.5.

“Do you take classes with only ACMS students or with first year med school students as well?”

Only ACMS - which is good. You have a tight group, and the professors can get to know you. Also, you're not graded against medical students! It's great. I'm going to post some of the questions I've been getting on the page so everyone can benefit from these great questions
Idk who you are but I agree with all of this!

60% is definitely low. I remembered seeing those numbers earlier in the year so I looked it up again. The actual acceptance rate post-interview last cycle was a bit over 80%. Although, they didn't start interviewing until April last year either, so who knows what their plan is this year.
Yeah. It definitely depends on the interview, too, it seems. Mine was more like 40%, but then in one of the later and interviews it seemed like most of the people in the program all knew each other from that day.

When I go on the "materials received" section it says that none of my materials except my resume have been received. However, I gave them the info for my AMCAS application (which substitutes all the med school app info into this application). Did any other people who were also med school applicants experience a longer wait time for this?
Yeah, I have sent everything and used my AMCAS and it's still saying that they haven't received MCAT and Letters of rec. How long does this usually take for those of you who applied through AMCAS?

Hello fellow applicants,
For the 800 character limit, did you guys go with the character (no spaces) or character (with spaces)?

I went with spaces.
The text box theoretically has no limit but since they specifically said "800 characters, I didn't want to take any chances.

Hello fellow applicants,
For the 800 character limit, did you guys go with the character (no spaces) or character (with spaces)?
Funny story. So, I didn't realize it was 800 characters, I thought it was 800 words.

So my application essays are all in violation of the rules. Lol. We'll see how that goes...

Funny story. So, I didn't realize it was 800 characters, I thought it was 800 words.

So my application essays are all in violation of the rules. Lol. We'll see how that goes...
This shouldn't be funny but.... I LOLed at this.

But it's ok I've seen ppl on this thread that copied and pasted their entire AMCAS PS into questions.
The worst thing they could do is just stop reading after 800 characters, but your app would still be valid.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed admissions and they told me they needed more information plus a temporary sGPA calculator. I would email them and see what you're missing or if you're good to go. They are very clear about what they need, which is great.
So were you complete after that? They told me they were still waiting to receive the AMCAS applications when I emailed them recently and already sent in everything else

Members don't see this ad :)
This shouldn't be funny but.... I LOLed at this.

But it's ok I've seen ppl on this thread that copied and pasted their entire AMCAS PS into questions.
The worst thing they could do is just stop reading after 800 characters, but your app would still be valid.

Lol I agree it is pretty amusing

I figured my chances here are pretty dim, so if I get a rejection from them I won't be peeved at all...

Last edited:
Shoot, I went with 800 not including spaces :( I probably should've called and confirmed if they meant with or without spaces, but for some reason I didn't even consider it would be with spaces! I hope they don't mind, we'll see haha

Not sure, they haven't marked me as complete yet - I just sent in those materials on Friday. I think they are still waiting on my AMCAS as well.
Cool. Let us know if you hear from them regarding completion. I will do the same.

I e-mailed Temple Admissions. They said this (exact words):

The 800 character limit is a guideline, so don't worry too much about it. Just write enough to give us a good picture of you as an applicant, while remaining succinct.

Therefore, it does not matter whether if its with or without space. It just matters of the content! YAY!

Reactions: 2 users
^^ thank you for that! a small glimmer of hope that my stupidity didn't shoot my foot! lol

Has anyone heard anything about the BCMS interviews yet?

Has anyone heard anything about the BCMS interviews yet?
That's what I was wondering as well! I was officially complete in December. I recently sent an email in regards to that, and the email response sounded as if interviews have not even started. But they are currently reviewing my file. I cannot find any current BCMS forums either, so I am at a loss. :(

That's what I was wondering as well! I was officially complete in December. I recently sent an email in regards to that, and the email response sounded as if interviews have not even started. But they are currently reviewing my file. I cannot find any current BCMS forums either, so I am at a loss. :(

When I called them, they said it takes 4-6 weeks for one's application to be reviewed/to hear back and that they haven't scheduled the Feb/March BCMS interviews yet.....although mind you, I called them a week or so ago. I'm just worried because i'm interviewing at other schools, but Temple is my first choice- I just have to let the other schools know of my decision in the coming weeks and I don't want to say no to them before I get a response from Temple ugh.

When I called them, they said it takes 4-6 weeks for one's application to be reviewed/to hear back and that they haven't scheduled the Feb/March BCMS interviews yet.....although mind you, I called them a week or so ago. I'm just worried because i'm interviewing at other schools, but Temple is my first choice- I just have to let the other schools know of my decision in the coming weeks and I don't want to say no to them before I get a response from Temple ugh.
I am in the same predicament!! Well if I hear anything I will let you know! :)

Actually now that I'm looking at it, no. The only thing with a "Y" is my resume. Odd...
Yeah, same here. Thats what was driving me crazy at first haha. Maybe they only list the stuff that doesnt come in through AMCAS. I think we are good as long as we got the email.

So, I finished my application last night and uploaded most of the documents except for SAT scores b/c I forgot my password to collegeboard. Where is the "material received" category?

I am planning to contact collegeboard but are the SAT scores really necessary?

So, I finished my application last night and uploaded most of the documents except for SAT scores b/c I forgot my password to collegeboard. Where is the "material received" category?

I believe that the SAT scores aren't necessary as long as you have MCAT scores.

I think that they are necessary, even with an MCAT score. I would call them to double check.
Also, from what I remember, the "materials received" category doesn't show up until after you receive a email stating that your application and fee have been received, so you won't be able to see which requirements you already submitted until after that is up and updated.

The website says they are necessary unless you attended a college that didn't require them. So if you have the scores, you need to send them in

I would call to make sure. And just send in my scores.
I had also forgotten my password so I called them. ((866) 756-7346)

For the LORs. I have all of mine in interfolio. I directed interfolio to mail them to Temple at the address provided on the application instructions. This is correct right? The application instructions were a little vague here. Am I correct in assuming that Temple won't accept LOR's electronically through interfolio?

For the LORs. I have all of mine in interfolio. I directed interfolio to mail them to Temple at the address provided on the application instructions. This is correct right? The application instructions were a little vague here. Am I correct in assuming that Temple won't accept LOR's electronically through interfolio?
Yup, that's right. I'm not sure if they don't accept electronic ones but I just mailed mine in.

Yup, that's right. I'm not sure if they don't accept electronic ones but I just mailed mine in.

I actually emailed about this because the instructions weren't clear, and it turns out you can email them to [email protected]. Hopefully this is helpful for those who haven't submitted yet!

I actually emailed about this because the instructions weren't clear, and it turns out you can email them to [email protected]. Hopefully this is helpful for those who haven't submitted yet!

Dang, I wish I knew this yesterday...Oh well.... they really should make the instructions more clear. Thanks!

Anybody have any idea what the acceptance rates are for these programs?

From my last conversation with the Temple staff on the phone (which was way back in october before they decided to stop answering their phones), about 800 people apply for 32 spots. If you get an interview, your chances are >60%.

From my last conversation with the Temple staff on the phone (which was way back in october before they decided to stop answering their phones), about 800 people apply for 32 spots. If you get an interview, your chances are >60%.

wow.

Wow, that's <4%...that sucks. P.S. has anyone been able to get ahold of the office via the phone number they provided? I have called 2 days in a row and left a message and nothing.

Wow, that's <4%...that sucks. P.S. has anyone been able to get ahold of the office via the phone number they provided? I have called 2 days in a row and left a message and nothing.
been trying for a while as well. they answer e-mails pretty quickly though

been trying for a while as well. they answer e-mails pretty quickly though
Yes. Same with me. They have completely stopped answering their phones. But I agree, they are very prompt in their email responses. It would be nice to have something definitive(interview invite/rejection letter) soon though. This whole waiting thing is very stressful. I would like to be able to plan my months accordingly. :/

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who used their AMCAS app been marked complete yet? My payment was verified Jan. 27th and I emailed them several times and was told they were waiting for AMACAs.

Can someone who actually completed the ACMS program PM me? I have a few questions

Someone who was got into one of the later interview slots last cycle (im too lazy to search for it) said when she/he went to temple for the interview, the admission rep told the group of interviewees that the interview is largely a formality and that they would probably get a seat. This may be the case for only the later interview slots, perhaps. But once you get an interview, it is smooth sailing unless you screw up.