Temple Univ. Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long does it take for materials received to show up? I submitted yesterday. I gave admissions permission to view my AMCAS app after I was rejected from the MD program.

I'm a current med applicant as well. What do you mean when you say that you gave permission to view your AMCAS? I don't remember seeing an option for that. Did I miss something??

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a current med applicant as well. What do you mean when you say that you gave permission to view your AMCAS? I don't remember seeing an option for that. Did I miss something??
There should be an check box in the app that says you applied through amcas for the med school.

Admissions told me to give explicit permission in email with amcas ID. Name. Acms program applicant.

I called today and I was told bcms is under review now and the acms will likely hear back in late March or April. I'm a acms'er 3.4/3.3/30

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my ACMS application this past weekend. GPA: 3.91, sGPA: 3.88, MCAT 30 (11P, 08V, 11B). Hoping for some good news!

With that stats, why don't you apply for medical school? I think your scores are competitive enough.

Reactions: 1 users
How long does it take for materials received to show up? I submitted yesterday. I gave admissions permission to view my AMCAS app after I was rejected from the MD program.

For me, it takes a week for the materials review to show up as a Y.

Sorry if it's been asked before, but can we turn in LOR via interfolio?

I actually emailed about this because the instructions weren't clear, and it turns out you can email them to [email protected]. Hopefully this is helpful for those who haven't submitted yet!

Do you mean recommenders can send them directly by email or through interfolio? I told my recommenders they could just send it via email...eeeep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean recommenders can send them directly by email or through interfolio? I told my recommenders they could just send it via email...eeeep

My pre-med advisor sent all my letters directly to the post-bac email address

My pre-med advisor sent all my letters directly to the post-bac email address
Oh perfect. Do you know how long it took for them to show as complete on the website?

Would it be a sin to use my AMCAS personal statement to answer one of the questions? Seems like some people have been doing that?

Also, how did you guys list your activities? Just a straight list, or did you also explain what you did?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be a sin to use my AMCAS personal statement to answer one of the questions? Seems like some people have been doing that?

Also, how did you guys list your activities? Just a straight list, or did you also explain what you did?
nah, go for it. That is what I did. I did edit it a bunch tho. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Did you apply using AMCAS? Did your letters and MCAT score show up as Y in the system yet?

No, I did not apply via AMCAS. I applied through the program application. All my materials appeared as a Y and was marked complete yesterday. Now, I am just waiting whether they want to interview me or denied in general.

The prompt states to list the activities. They have your resume or CV that they can reference to, which includes the duties and responsibilities.

Oh perfect. Do you know how long it took for them to show as complete on the website?

Exactly 1 week for me. I submitted my LOR via Interfolio last Monday and they received it by Thursday. It was not reflected until the following Monday.

I had all my writers upload via Interfolio. Interfolio has a section to send via e-mail. Admissions states sending by e-mail is more ideal.

nah, go for it. That is what I did. I did edit it a bunch tho. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yeah, my personal statement does a great job explaining my journey towards medicine, so I'm not sure how I can condense 5000 characters down to 800 characters. I don't see anything about character limits on the website or the application though. Maybe I missed it?

Yeah, my personal statement does a great job explaining my journey towards medicine, so I'm not sure how I can condense 5000 characters down to 800 characters. I don't see anything about character limits on the website or the application though. Maybe I missed it?

It said it on the application instructions. But it's probably okay if you're a little over. I wouldn't go too over though, because although they say it doesn't matter too much there's probably a reason that they mentioned the 800 characters.

I didn't really read the instructions carefully and I just copied and pasted my entire AMCAS personal statement and submitted my application. It seemed like most things from the AMCAS would transfer over to the ACMS app so I didn't pay much attention to the instructions. I realized after I submitted that the character limit was 800. I emailed the admissions office and told them what happened and they said not to worry about it. If you still have the chance to condense it down, I would try to do it, but I don't think it's a huge deal.

I didn't really read the instructions carefully and I just copied and pasted my entire AMCAS personal statement and submitted my application. It seemed like most things from the AMCAS would transfer over to the ACMS app so I didn't pay much attention to the instructions. I realized after I submitted that the character limit was 800. I emailed the admissions office and told them what happened and they said not to worry about it. If you still have the chance to condense it down, I would try to do it, but I don't think it's a huge deal.
I did the same. She said the same.

Just reading through this thread now... How have two people already received ACMS invites?? When I called, they said they weren't reviewing ACMS applications till April at least!

I would not worry about the people invited to the earlier interview - the ACMS applications will be reviewed later in the cycle like you mentioned.
Good to know -thanks for the info!

Last edited:
I'm relatively new here. I usually just seek info. Here's what they told me about the character limit. I still went a little over 800 on one of the questions. Cheers.

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    174.4 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: 2 users
^haha I feel like the emphasis should be placed on whether you wrote a solid statement, not whether it meets the criteria they mentioned in a single line in the attached PDF. It also seems like they're looser on this requirement this year -- I applied to the program last year, and I wasn't allowed to input anything longer than about 800 characters in the text box.

Complete today for ACMS. Best of luck to everyone!

Mine was completed just 2 days before you!. Good luck! I guess we won't hear back until end of April for May interviews.

Mine was completed just 2 days before you!. Good luck! I guess we won't hear back until end of April for May interviews.

Anybody know why they don't just start interviewing sooner? Seems like plenty of applicants have already submitted everything..

Anybody know why they don't just start interviewing sooner? Seems like plenty of applicants have already submitted everything..
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they sent out invites in late March. They are not really following the schedule on their webpage.

It's probably because they are still trying to fill the BCMS tracks. They start in June, whereas ACMS start end of August.

Hello everyone! I am in the process of applying for the ACMS program.

So this is such a long forum am not sure if you guess posted or not about your prospects? I was just curious on what level everyone is on. I haven't seen any other forums about students who have been admitted.

Good luck to everyone!

Hello everyone! I am in the process of applying for the ACMS program.

So this is such a long forum am not sure if you guess posted or not about your prospects? I was just curious on what level everyone is on. I haven't seen any other forums about students who have been admitted.

Good luck to everyone!
Everybody's level here is over 9,000.

Reactions: 5 users
BCMS applicant here. I called Grace Hershman to check on the status of my application, since results were supposed to have been sent on Monday. I'm reluctant to say anything until I have it in writing, but ...:soexcited:

I thought they're not answering any phone line? How were you able to contact Grace Hershman?

Hey guys -- Good luck to everyone. This program looks truly amazing.

I'm an ACMS applicant. I spoke to someone at Temple on the phone about the ACMS program today. He said that applications are reviewed in the order that they are received. I think this is good news for people who applied early, like in October or November. I asked him how many applications they've received so far, he said "I wouldn't be able to say even if I knew." (This thread reports 800 but I'm not sure how true that is). So I asked, how many do you plan to accept, he replied, "It changes each year, but probably around 40 or so."

Fingers crossed.

Just got an interview invite for ACMS, very excited. Wishing luck for others. Does anyone know what % of interviewees are accepted?

Reactions: 7 users
Just got an interview invite for ACMS, very excited. Wishing luck for others. Does anyone know what % of interviewees are accepted?
from what i've "heard" the interview is a formality; they will accept you, unless something comes up during the interview that makes them not like you

from what i've "heard" the interview is a formality; they will accept you, unless something comes up during the interview that makes them not like you
I got the impression that it's 50/50. The 2/25 interviewees still haven't heard back, so I can't say definitively

your guess is better than mine :)
Probably not actually, haha, I get the impression that it is 50/50 from this site and the ACMS website, but at the interview it feels like mostly everyone gets in. I'm just inclined to believe that they are more likely to be selective

adsjkl;fajkl;sdfjkl;asdfjkl;; I saw medschoolhopeful's post and I checked my email. Got an interview invite for ACMS! Super excited!!

Reactions: 6 users
People who have received the "complete" email-- what does it say when you go to check your status on the page? Mine says "Application Submitted & Payment Verified" but I also received the complete email a while ago and it hasn't changed since before I got the complete email....

It said it on the application instructions. But it's probably okay if you're a little over. I wouldn't go too over though, because although they say it doesn't matter too much there's probably a reason that they mentioned the 800 characters.

I actually went way over the limit since I accidentally misread it as 800 words. I feel like its hard to write a personal statement in 800 characters (spaces or not), so like others have mentioned, I wouldn't worry the length. Just try to avoid verbose essays.

I'm probably overthinking but was complete earlyish February and wondering if they passed over my app- anyone know if they do silent rejection?