Temple University School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glhm93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in applying to their pharmacy school for Fall 2013. What do they generally look for in term of pcat scores and gpas and if you have experience does that count for them? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested in applying to their pharmacy school for Fall 2013. What do they generally look for in term of pcat scores and gpas and if you have experience does that count for them? Thanks!

• Minimum overall GPA considered: 3.00
  • Minimum prerequisite GPA considered: 3.00
  • Minimum composite PCAT score considered: 50th percentile
source: http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/455

I just started my second year at Temple Pharmacy and definitely encourage you to apply. I've loved the school so far and have had a great time in the process. My composite PCAT was a 95, so I was probably good anywhere I applied, but most of my friends that I've talked to have been in the 60-70 range, which seems competitive at most places. My undergrad GPA was around a 3.6, but like with the PCAT scores, I have friends who weren't much above a 3.0. If you get an interview, let me know and I'll make sure I volunteer to lead the tour that day and say hello.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just started my second year at Temple Pharmacy and definitely encourage you to apply. I've loved the school so far and have had a great time in the process. My composite PCAT was a 95, so I was probably good anywhere I applied, but most of my friends that I've talked to have been in the 60-70 range, which seems competitive at most places. My undergrad GPA was around a 3.6, but like with the PCAT scores, I have friends who weren't much above a 3.0. If you get an interview, let me know and I'll make sure I volunteer to lead the tour that day and say hello.

Thanks! Definatly appreciate that offer :) I was wondering do you know that if your GPA is high and PCAT is kinda low do they at least offer you an interview? Btw I still didn't take the pcats yet but definatly scared about them. Also any advice on how to tackle it? Thanks in advance! :)

One of the pharmacist I work with went to Temple and highly recommended to program to me. It is one of the schools I will be applying to next year.

Hi there, I got the interview on Nov 21. Will you be able to tell me little bit about the interview process? And also about the program itself too. Thank you so much

Congrats on the interview! Could you share your PCAT score and GPA?

Last edited:
Congrat for getting an interview! If you don't mind, could you tell your PCAT score and GPA?
I took September PCAT and got 53 composite due to the low score of verbal and reading... (<20) So I took another exam a few days ago and got 60 percentile with still bad English score. I guess my GPA will be around 3.7. Should I wait until the November score is released, or is it okay to apply with my September score?

I haven't heard of anyone's PCAT scores change between the unofficial and official scoring reports. As long as you put PharmCAS to receive your scores for both testings, all schools will see both scores. Also, Temple's supplemental app asks for months in which you took the PCAT, so you shouldn't hesitate to just apply now.

Congrats on the interview! Could you share your PCAT score and GPA?

My PCAT is not impressive at all, composite score is 74, my verbal is super low, reading is 56, Math is 72, biology is 91, and chem is 93.
overall GPA is 3.7, science GPA is 3.78. Nothing too impressive

Cumulative GPA 3.01
Undergrad GPA 2.91
Post-Bac (undergrad classes) GPA 4.0
Grad school GPA 3.5

Verbal - 82
Biology - 89
Reading - 68
Quantitative - 72
Chem - 91
Composite - 88

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing :)
Best luck to both of you!

Last edited:
Wierd, I know schools have access to applications when you submitted but I got an interview hours before my application was verified and not mailed to Temple yet. I'm going to call them to make sure its the real deal.

Congratulations to you as well. Will definitely be sending in my deposit.

Interviewed on 11/19 and got accepted on 11/21. I guess they just want to get it out of the way before the break. Congrats to other people also.

Interviewed 11/16, accepted yesterday but will be declining. Congrats and good luck to all of you.

3.7 GPA (both overall and science/math)
88 composite PCAT
Temple Honors College (which I've heard helps? don't quote me though)

Good luck to you!

Got accepted but I don't think I will attend this school. Good luck to all of you :)

I am confused... I thought Temple conducted all of their interviews in February and March... I must be missing something here.

In response to the OP:
A few things about Temple that people should know.
- Temple loves applicants who hold an undergraduate degree
- PCAT score >60 will get you an interview
- If your grades aren't that great and you have a ton of work experience on your hands (3 years +), you will definitely get an interview
- Temple favors their own but will not admit it. If you are a graduate of Temple University and have a decent PCAT score (>60 COMP) and GPA (>3.0), you are guaranteed acceptance even if you have no work experience or EC.

Sources:
All my TU friends who applied to TU Pharmacy got in. Some of them didn't deserve it based on their grades and their habits. I also know a bunch of out-of-state applicants who applied but didn't get in who had a lot more to show for and deserved a lot more then some of the TU applicants that I know.

Stats of lowest TU Applicant that I know who got in (Entering Class of Fall 2012):
PCAT: 44 COMP
GPA: 2.5
Undergrad Degree: Yes (Biology) awarded by TU
EC/Work Exp: None
References: (I'm not really sure if they had references but I will assume none)

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be at the Temple Uni. for interview on Monday Dec 3. From CA :)

Last edited:
Ahh I can't wait any longer! I interviewed on Nov. 26th and i still haven't heard back yet. How long did it take everyone to hear back from the interview?? This is my top choice and I thought the interview went really well, but I thought the acceptance would come sooner.

Ahh I can't wait any longer! I interviewed on Nov. 26th and i still haven't heard back yet. How long did it take everyone to hear back from the interview?? This is my top choice and I thought the interview went really well, but I thought the acceptance would come sooner.

You could call Joan at the Office of Admissions. :)

I am confused... I thought Temple conducted all of their interviews in February and March... I must be missing something here.

In response to the OP:
A few things about Temple that people should know.
- Temple loves applicants who hold an undergraduate degree
- PCAT score >60 will get you an interview
- If your grades aren't that great and you have a ton of work experience on your hands (3 years +), you will definitely get an interview
- Temple favors their own but will not admit it. If you are a graduate of Temple University and have a decent PCAT score (>60 COMP) and GPA (>3.0), you are guaranteed acceptance even if you have no work experience or EC.

Sources:
All my TU friends who applied to TU Pharmacy got in. Some of them didn't deserve it based on their grades and their habits. I also know a bunch of out-of-state applicants who applied but didn't get in who had a lot more to show for and deserved a lot more then some of the TU applicants that I know.

Stats of lowest TU Applicant that I know who got in (Entering Class of Fall 2012):
PCAT: 44 COMP
GPA: 2.5
Undergrad Degree: Yes (Biology) awarded by TU
EC/Work Exp: None
References: (I'm not really sure if they had references but I will assume none)

I thought they interviewed late too, but maybe we're doing really early admissions this year?

I thought they interviewed late too, but maybe we're doing really early admissions this year?

Its starting to look that way. One of my coworkers had an interview last week and was accepted. I wonder if this will effect the acceptance rate of the interviews after the holidays.

BTW I should mention I am applying for the entering class of 2013. My app is still being processed by pharmcas so I wont be seeing progress till january.

unfortunately I got waitlisted :( does anyone know the chances of actually getting accepted?

Any Temple Alumni care to give me their review on Temple's PharmD program? I am torn between UF and Temple. How is the sense of community at Temple? Are all lectures live? Are the text books actual texts or are they online? How do you guys fare when it comes to residency when there are many other pharmacy schools around the area? Thank you for the input!

unfortunately I got waitlisted :( does anyone know the chances of actually getting accepted?

Last year it was pretty high im not sure exactly what the figures were but I heard someone say 50%-80% of waitlisted people got acceptance. You probably wont hear anything until end of July to August when the Fall semester starts so stay on your toes.

I submitted in supplemental Dec.18th. and PharmCAS mailed the application on Dec.23rd.
I didn't get any interview offer yet... I understand there was a winter break... but a little worries. :scared: How long does it take to get an interview offer after everything is submitted?

I got mine in about two weeks. But dont worry, they wont be back in until after the break.

So, I just took the PCAT and I got a composite of 400/45 which is 5 below their minimum. I know for Fall 2012, Temple accepted students with under 45 composite. What are the chances that they will accept me for Fall 2013? Anyone with a composite PCAT score under 50 get accepted to Temple Pharmacy for Fall 2013 yet?

i will advice you to still apply. however, make sure to do really well at the interview. goodluck

Just got an interview to Temple. Hope to see you guys there :)

i got the interview invite this morning also! next friday 10am. anyone know what kind of questions they ask?

got my interview invite this morning as well. next friday 10am! anyone know what kind of questions they ask?

kwasi, thanks i already applied back in like september. but since i'm a 2 year, i just took the PCAT last week..

for everyone who has received an interview, did you take the PCAT prior to january? i'm trying to see if they send interviews out after they receive your PCAT score since I only took it once which was this month...

Also, for the preliminary scores.. do they change on the official score report when the writing scores are calculated??

Thank you everyone!!

I just got an interview, scheduled on next wednesday. Is there anyone who's willing to share interview questions for me and others? I am so nervous since English is not my mother language and it has been only two and a half years since I came to the US.