Temple University School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got an interview for monday!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

kwasi, thanks i already applied back in like september. but since i'm a 2 year, i just took the PCAT last week..

for everyone who has received an interview, did you take the PCAT prior to january? i'm trying to see if they send interviews out after they receive your PCAT score since I only took it once which was this month...

Also, for the preliminary scores.. do they change on the official score report when the writing scores are calculated??

Thank you everyone!!

I am sure they will send you an interview invitation soon as they receive ur pcat score.
what is ur stat so far?

Did anyone get an acceptance letter from Temple after January interview? How long does it take to get a letter after interview? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
kwasi, thanks i already applied back in like september. but since i'm a 2 year, i just took the PCAT last week..

for everyone who has received an interview, did you take the PCAT prior to january? i'm trying to see if they send interviews out after they receive your PCAT score since I only took it once which was this month...

Also, for the preliminary scores.. do they change on the official score report when the writing scores are calculated??

Thank you everyone!!

hi, yes I took the PCAT in September and I do not believe the preliminary scores based on your writing score

I had my interview Jan 28 and got my response today. it was an acceptance! Hope you hear back soon!

I had a bad interview from here last month. It was my first interview and I received my wait list letter 3 days letter. Make sure to wow them at the interview!!! They didn't tell me what number I was on the wait list, but they also said not to contact them about it too!! It was on the letter. Good thing I have a few more interviews to go! My interviewer didn't seem as friendly, I think my group got a bad interviewer. It might be wise to interview in the morning and not a 1pm, for any future interviewees!! :) Good luck to everyone!!!!!!

I had my interview on February 1st and I got accepted on February 7th! The interview was extremely relaxed compared to the other interview I went to (I interviewed at Jefferson and was also accepted there). Here are my stats:

GPA: 3.28
PCAT: 89
LOR: 3 (2 from non-pharmacy related employers and 1 from my research supervisor who is also a professor at Temple's Pharmacy school)
Experience: I don't have any direct pharmacy experience but I am doing research at the pharmacy school. I am a Temple undergrad and I'm an Honors student.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for decisions or getting ready for interviews!

Hey everyone,
I had my interview here earlier in the week and received my wait list notification today. This is my top choice so I was wondering if anybody knew what the chances of acceptance off of the wait list is? The email they sent said that on average 10-15 students usually defer acceptance which would grant me acceptance, I was just wondering if anyone has a wait list success story to cheer me up with.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,
I had my interview here earlier in the week and received my wait list notification today. This is my top choice so I was wondering if anybody knew what the chances of acceptance off of the wait list is? The email they sent said that on average 10-15 students usually defer acceptance which would grant me acceptance, I was just wondering if anyone has a wait list success story to cheer me up with.

Thanks!

At my interview, the students said that at least 50 students were pulled off the waitlist for their class. If that happens every year, then you should be fine.

I interviewed on 2/20/13 and was accepted the same day. The interview seemed very relaxed and easy to me. I was nervous before the interview because of the whole panel style but I actually liked it.

Good luck to everyone else! I'll see some of you in the fall :)

I interviewed on 2/20/13 and was accepted the same day. The interview seemed very relaxed and easy to me. I was nervous before the interview because of the whole panel style but I actually liked it.

Good luck to everyone else! I'll see some of you in the fall :)

can u share ur stats please?

Members don't see this ad :)
can u share ur stats please?

Sure...
GPA: 3.31
PCAT: 82 composite (97% in chemistry)
Will have a BS in Chemistry in May 2013
Volunteering: 150+ hours in a compounding pharmacy, 250+ hours in the hospital (outside of pharmacy), 60+ hours retail pharmacy

Applied to 6 schools:
UCSF: denied (applied at the last minute on the last day so...yeah wasn't expecting much) :/
Interviewed at University of Colorado, Regis, and Temple. :D
Turned down an interview at MCPHS-Worcester
Waiting to hear from Touro, CA :s

What other stats were you wondering about?

Last edited:
Hey guys I have an interview tomorrow!! NERVOUS!:oops::oops:

Interviewed today. But already got into Jefferson which was my first choice. If anyone is looking to get an apartment in center city send me a message!

I've been wait listed too. For those of you on the wait list, have any of you or anyone you know been taken off the wait list yet?

I called the admissions on Monday and Joan said they will wait until everyone sends in their final transcripts. So make a request to your school to send in your transcript with updated grades if you haven't already!

Hi I have a question because I am also interested in the pharmacy program at Temple. Is is true that I have to get a bachelors first and then apply to pharmacy at Temple? I read somewhere that they prefer students with a bachelors. Please help me out! Thank you.

Has any of you taken off the wait-list yet? It is such a long waiting game

No I have been on the waitlist since December and I haven't heard anything back yet. I have sent in my final transcript too a few weeks ago. :(

Guys for those of you that were waitlisted, keep checking facebook if you have one. You will be added to the group "Hooter T. Owl's Pharmacy Class of 2017," which means you are basically "in". From what I heard, it looks like the the wait list will be tapped into right around orientation which is August 2nd. Keep your hopes alive and good luck!

I'm currently waitlisted and am wondering if anyone knows how many students are on the waitlist and how many got accepted so far... Is there any way to find out my rank?

Last edited:
Anyone still waiting? One week away from Aug 2nd..

I got acceptance email and package three days ago. It was such a long waiting game! Good luck to those who are still waiting.

I got acceptance email and package three days ago. It was such a long waiting game! Good luck to those who are still waiting.
Did you get a phone call too or just the acceptance email and package? Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm still waiting....=[

I am applying to Temple College of Pharmacy, Thomas Jefferson School of Pharmacy and University of the Science,PA. My science GPA is 3.97, Cumulative GPA is 3.75. I am nationally certified Pharmacy Tech. I am also Registered with NJ State Board of Pharmacy but have little experience in the Pharmacy field. My PCAT score is 94 percentile. What re the chances of getting accepted into any of these schools?

Did you get a phone call too or just the acceptance email and package? Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm still waiting....=[
My cumulative GPA is 3.85 and science GPA is 3.92
My PCAT composite score is 84(97 Chem, 97Math, 80Bio). I currently stay in Korea, so I have no idea if they tried to contact me via phone call. I got both email and postal notification

Hey! I got accepted yesterday! ! Is anyone still looking for a roommate? Preferably female? Please message me!

Does anyone know if they're still pulling people off the waitlist? Or is the class full at this time?

Does anyone know if they're still pulling people off the waitlist? Or is the class full at this time?
I'm not sure if they're still pulling people off the wait list or not but I was told that it's full right now. Do you have a back up school lined up besides Temple?

Has anyone else heard back about the wait list?

Does anyone know how likely it is to get pulled off the wait list at this point and if Temple in the past has gone through the whole wait list before the start of the school year? I read in another post that Temple usually accepts all of their students on their wait list but I don't know how true that is..

I was going to just reapply this year if I didn't get Temple. How did you know they are currently full? Did you call in? With only 17 days left until classes start and with their class FB group at 200 members, I'm not sure what the chances are. But we must not be discouraged just yet! Best of luck to both of us. Hopefully 17 days from now we both willl be sitting in Temple's classroom along with the rest of the 2017 class! :)

I was going to just reapply this year if I didn't get Temple. How did you know they are currently full? Did you call in? With only 17 days left until classes start and with their class FB group at 200 members, I'm not sure what the chances are. But we must not be discouraged just yet! Best of luck to both of us. Hopefully 17 days from now we both willl be sitting in Temple's classroom along with the rest of the 2017 class! :)
Yeah, I spoke to someone at the admissions office. I'm trying not to get discouraged but it's hard! Definitely...best of luck to the both of us though and I hope we will be :)

anyone have any tips for the interview? I haven't gotten one yet but I want to prepare just in case. I've heard multiple varying things about the interview process. Someone told me they want you to speak and stand out but not to overwhelm/overpower other people. Someone else told me she got rejected after her bad interview where there were two students in her group who talked over everyone and interrupted everyone. I'm unsure of what they would expect from us in the groups.

How long did you guys have to wait after submitting PharmCAS and the Supplemental to hear back about an interview?

How long did you guys have to wait after submitting PharmCAS and the Supplemental to hear back about an interview?

I submitted 9/13 and heard from temple on 10/28. Interviewed last week and was accepted yesterday.

Congrats on everyone who have received an interview and acceptance! :) If you don't mind, can you share your stats please? Thanks!

Congrats on everyone who have received an interview and acceptance! :) If you don't mind, can you share your stats please? Thanks!

Thanks guys! I have about a 3.0 with and 85 PCAT (with a 97 in Biology)!

Last edited:
Had my interview last Thurs 11/5 and was accepted the next day.

sGPA: 3.58
cGPA: 3.49
PCAT: 81

I applied here and still havent heard anything back yet, in terms of an interview invite. Did you all apply early admissions or regularly?

Have you heard back from them yet? They got my supplemental like two days ago I'm tryin to get an idea of how long they take to respond