temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zosyn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some opinions on temple's program. Here's what I thought were the positives and negatives of the program. Pos: camraderie among houstaff, everyone is very friendly, a great PD, solid clinical training, lots of teaching by attendings (impressive how many were present at the morning report), philly is a happening big city with lots to do
Neg: the area around temple is very rough...I could imagine it being scary even to walk to the garage across the street at night. The patients also have many social problems and a poor medical understanding that may detract from your ability to take care of their medical problems. This limits their compliance and makes communication difficult. Poor ancillary services...you have to draw your own labs after 6:00pm....no joke. Facilities are clean and seem well stocked but certainly nothing to write home about. The clinics are just inefficient and not a great learning experience...this was reported to me by a number of residents. Reputation could be problematic. When I look to see where temple residents match in competitive fellowships like cards and GI, most everyone stays at temple. I dunno if this is cuz they love the program, or just cuz they can't get fellowships anywhere else.
In sum, it will be difficult decision I feel about where to rank this program. Any opinions about the program are welcome....

Members don't see this ad.