Terminated I-20 form (F1 visa)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BENNY4567

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
k

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey friends,
I am in very strange situation, was about to graduate (dds) but I was not allowed to cross the US border from canada due to my terminated I-20 form, though I am a canadian citizen now. The reason it showed that I was not registered in school (but school says I was registered but by mistake they placed me as a permanent resident of US instead of an internatioanal student). Is there anybody who faced such situation or knows better what to do next to re-enter quickly. I am planning to aply for new I-20 though. please reply if anybody has an idea. thank you

Hi,
Sorry to hear about that!
You can easily enter US on a visitor visa if your student visa has expired. And once you are here, school can issue you new I-20
Good luck!

Thank you for your reply, but at customs I was told, I cann't enter US on visitor till that problem is fixed

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey friends,
I am in very strange situation, was about to graduate (dds) but I was not allowed to cross the US border from canada due to my terminated I-20 form, though I am a canadian citizen now. The reason it showed that I was not registered in school (but school says I was registered but by mistake they placed me as a permanent resident of US instead of an internatioanal student). Is there anybody who faced such situation or knows better what to do next to re-enter quickly. I am planning to aply for new I-20 though. please reply if anybody has an idea. thank you

"Canadian citizens do not require a visa to enter the United States directly from Canada for the purposes of visiting or studying."

http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas.html

Ya, I don't need visa, but they will look at my I-20 again if I go to visit coz I have a white slip given with F stamp of multiple entry. And once they see, they will ask for !-20 which is terminated. Or is it fine if I remove that slip and tell that I am going to visit only, because in reality I need to go just to take my stuff back.