Termination of Employment Contract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Need some advice.

Found a group I would like to join. Completely happy with the job description and the group. It is with one of the larger management companies. Signed the contract 12 months prior to my fellowship graduation date. My wife is now pregnant and wants to move back home to family.

"This physician employment AGREEMENT is entered into July 6th, 2106 and is EFFECTIVE once "once physician has obtained privileges at the respective facilities".

I haven't done anything in terms of applying for hospital privileges.

Termination in the contract has 90 without cause language.

Nothing discusses what happens prior to the effective date.

Can I utilize the 90 day without cause termination? Or does that only apply after the effective date?

I will get a lawyer, but just wanted to hear what others have experienced. Basically what happens if life changes and your wife doesn't want to take the job you signed up for?

Can I be sued for breach of contract and damages if they claim that I didn't enter into the contract with good faith?

THanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

Need some advice.

Found a group I would like to join. Completely happy with the job description and the group. It is with one of the larger management companies. Signed the contract 12 months prior to my fellowship graduation date. My wife is now pregnant and wants to move back home to family.

"This physician employment AGREEMENT is entered into July 6th, 2106 and is EFFECTIVE once "once physician has obtained privileges at the respective facilities".

I haven't done anything in terms of applying for hospital privileges.

Termination in the contract has 90 without cause language.

Nothing discusses what happens prior to the effective date.

Can I utilize the 90 day without cause termination? Or does that only apply after the effective date?

I will get a lawyer, but just wanted to hear what others have experienced. Basically what happens if life changes and your wife doesn't want to take the job you signed up for?

Can I be sued for breach of contract and damages if they claim that I didn't enter into the contract with good faith?

THanks!
If it's with a CMG then I would just explain about wife's pregnancy and there's a good chance they'll be fine with it. You'll have to pay back signing bonus of course.

What CMG? (pardon the ignorance I'm anesthesia, and posted here to increase audience). It's with an anesthesia management company (Sheridan, Northstar, Team Health ect).

They reimbursed me 300$ for a flight out there for a visit, but other than that I haven't gotten anything from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
What CMG? (pardon the ignorance I'm anesthesia, and posted here to increase audience). It's with an anesthesia management company (Sheridan, Northstar, Team Health ect).

They reimbursed me 300$ for a flight out there for a visit, but other than that I haven't gotten anything from them.

Please don't cross post identical threads in multiple forums. Mods, can we close this?

if its a CMG or any SDG, they will let you out of the contract and at most you will pay is any bonus you got. I suspect you haven't even received any bonus.

Why would they want a doc to work that is not happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.