Terrifying Tactile Sensory Changes - Am I going to have a seizure?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Grandmal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing a very strong subjective sense of TERROR due to alterations in to my perceptions of touch.

Last year I was on the beach and stood up too quickly, blood rushed to my head while I was rubbing sand between my hands. The alteration in blood flow caused and still can cause a change in my sensory awareness (ie bloodflow altering the electrical activity in different areas predominantly responsible for sensory perception (Thalamus, Somatosensory Cortex) which creates the feeling as if going to pass out). As this alteration took place I felt the feeling of sand between my hands like I never have before. Impossible to describe but I will try... It is as if the sensation of textures has between transformed into a pressure that is ripping my hands into different dimensions, that doesn't even do it justice but you can see how difficult this is to rationalize.

Ever since then I don't dare to rub my hands on anything resembling sand or rough surfaces as I feel the overwhelmingly intolerable confusion created from an inability to comprehend the sensations. If I force myself to rub my hands continuously it builds up and feels as if I am going into sensory overload and all my muscles are just going to lock up and I will have a grand mal.

Another one of my fear reactions to the unkown.

What could likely be the cause of this? Oxygen deprivation damage to the... Thalamic nerve pathways? Somatosensory Cortex? Dorsal Root Ganglion?

I have no other health conditions apart from being ludicrously sexy.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.