Test center "incident" resolution timeframe....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atvsmurf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the Naplex on Tuesday. I arrived at the center, and the lady handed me a paper, I looked over it for a minute and she asked if I was ready. I said sure, then did the palm print, photo and placed my items in the locker. I went in and tested for 2 hours, then took the break...when breaking she asked if I wanted anything from my locker, I declined, just went to the restroom. The restroom was a public restroom located out the back door and down the hallway, turn the corner and at the end of another short hallway, far from anyone in the test center, and the door next to the restroom was marked "Walgreens". Finished the restroom break and still had quite a bit of time left for the break, so I walked around the empty waiting room. Both attendants were in the room where they monitor the exams. I was somewhat tired from my ~3 hour/160 mile one way drive, and decided to step outside for some air, I made it maybe 6-8 feet and well under 10 seconds when I heard one of the attendants saying I couldn't go outside. I followed her back in and appologized, she said the other attendant was looking up the protocol for the incident and they would see if I would be allowed to sit for the remainder of the exam. She read that they would need to file an incident report but I could finish the exam since I had not spoken to anyone, she then apologized for not telling me not to go outside. So I finished the exam and feel really good about my performance... So today I got an email saying nabp had received a report of an incident and asked me to reply with my version of everything... Does anyone have any idea of how long they typically take to review something like this? I honestly did nothing wrong and need to give my employer some idea of how long this may take... the only answer I could get from the customer service was that it could take up to 4 weeks... I left 2 voice mails for the "Security Manager" but never got a reply....they said she was in a meeting, and this is a Friday so I wont hear anything until Monday at the earliest, since it is now after 5pm central time... please share any thoughts or ideas...other than what an idiot!!! lol.... in my defense, my "local" center is on the 4th floor of a building and you totally leave the Pearson premises when you go to the restroom...

Members don't see this ad.

One would think you'd be less concerned about "how long" things may take to be resolved as opposed to the fact that you may/may not be asked to resit the NAPLEX. I'd think the NABP would err on the side of making you resit. It's blatantly obvious that the exam is heavily secured and leaving the premises would compromise the exam. Be patient.