Test date confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Patterned_illuminator

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would love your advice on my situation. I'm going into my third year at university. I've covered Bio, Math, Physics, Gen Chem 1, Gen Chem 2, and have done Literature/Philosophy courses. I am planning on self studying the behavioural because I don't think I'll have room in my schedule.

Next year, I will be taking: Calc IV, Linear Algebra, Orgo I, Neuroscience I, Research for Credit, and a gym class for a total of 18 credits in the fall. In the spring, I will do ODE, Orgo II, Neuro II, Molecular Biology, Research for Credit, and gym. I will also be volunteering at a hospital. Both the research and clinical are critical, as I intend on applying for MD-PhD programs in May.

This effectively leaves January and April 1/23 as potential dates to write the exam. I'm nervous about April because I've read that most people prefer to have a block of time to take FLs- of course, there seem to be very successful SDN-ers who took it in the midst of the term and did fine. At the same time, I have stipulations about January, as I would only have just finished Orgo I and not had much of Orgo II.

Which date do you think I should aim for to realistically maximize my prep? Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.