Test day advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiminghigher1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
taking MCAT for the first time tomorrow morning and in a different vein from some of the other questions about the test I was wondering if anyone had any personal strategies they thought were effective in pumping before the test, maintaining focus during breaks, holding their bladders (this one is really important because i have a severely overactive bladder), maintaining the balance between constipated from a huge breakfast and having a grumbling stomach for 8 hours?

I know I've listened to music before previous tests but was wondering if anyone else had any experiences they'd like to share/music choices which are prime for pre-MCAT listening.

Also, any concepts that people feel are good items to be the last things you take a gander at during that walk from your car to the test center?

Members don't see this ad.

Last concepts: Study all 20 amino acids, polarity, charged/not charged at physiologic pH, aromatic, 3 and 1 letter abbreviations. Biggest yield imo.

As to what to eat, here is the thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/what-to-pack-for-lunch-for-a-7-5-hour-test.1129864/

Personally, I will bring some protein bars (high protein, lower carb), bring a small sandwich for the 30 min break, and water. The point here is to maintain a stable blood sugar level. You shouldn't have problems concentrating on the MCATs as long as your blood sugar levels are constant and void yourself before the exam/during breaks. You do not want to eat too much carbs, eat light and high in protein. In the end of the day, you should know your body best. If you did FL practice tests, you should have that experience down.

Other than that, go to sleep early tonight so you are not tired in the morning.

Reactions: 1 user