Test in less than a week??? this is what i think...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drgreen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Probably the most frequently asked question thrown my was is "What should i be doing in my last day or week of studying?" Of course, everyones situation is different, but there are a few things that I felt were important in helping me, and I would like to share with everyone here, if that's ok.

Often there is one topic people feel the least confident in come a week until test day. Although it is very important to build confidence, and to brush up on any missing info, it is equally important, if not more important to maintain the knowledge that you have already. DO NOT LEAVE ANY ONE TOPIC HANGING. As we all know, there is a tremendous amount of information, and it is very easy to lose track of something that you have memorized a week before. It's better to get two 20's than a 15 and a 25. So review of everything is essential during crunch-time.

Sidepoint 1:Make sure you have done at least one full practice test, either topscore or achiever, in order to be familiar with the testing system. They are an excellent resource. I myself only used Topscore because I heard that Achiever was overly difficult, and I did not feel that a shot to the confidence was worth my time. Again, to each his own. If you only have a couple days until the test and have another topscore test left, I would not say that it has priority over a thorough review. Might just be me.

Sidepoint 2: RC! This section can potentially be your worst nightmare. I highly recommend reading the paper each day until the test with the intention of focusing intently on the material being read. Don't think about anything besides the information in the article, and what message the author is trying to get across. Don't think that reading the paper for a couple days wont help your reading comprehension, because it CAN. a little practice is better than no practice. Also, it doesn't have to be the paper. If you can get your hands on practice tests or medical journals, that's probably better.

Overall you need to prioritize, and each case is different. But i believe that solidifying what you already know should be high up on your grocery list.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: