test in one month...should i reschedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilayawake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope a couple of you can help me figure this out :(

my scheduled test is on Jan. 30th. This is where I am at...

I have gone through about 65% of TBR (physics, g chem, o chem, bio) material and completed the first 1/3 of the passage questions. In all i feel that I have probably really only done half of my content review based on these numbers because I haven't gone back over many chapters to do more of the passages.

I've gone through half of the hyperlearning verbal workbook and have only done the first practice test in the EK verbal.

I have done NO practice exams and because of this have NO idea where I am at score wise. I didn't want to waste any exams until I finished content.

I also bought all the 1001 series but haven't used them at all.

Should I reschedule for April 10th? March 27th is booked.

A little bit more about me which may help...I was planning a trip for all of feb-march which sucks because rescheduling means I can't go (haven't bought my plane ticket yet which is good) but which is also good because I already have Feb/March off of work. Right now I am only working about 1 day a week because I was anticipated the Jan test. Also, I have a 4.0 science GPA (already graduated) so I know i can master the material again just probably not in the time allotted.

Any input would be very appreciated as I am having a meltdown...

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

haha, i just read your thing..

Anyway, I think 90% of people will say it's better to reschedule, but if you have an intense drive, I still feel you can pull it off. I'm saying this, because you have a 4.0 science GPA so you probably have a good fundamental understanding.

Read this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=516507

A couple of people claim they've done it, but it's still your call at the end of the day. Again, this is just my advice, so take it with a grain of salt - but if you truly believe in your capacity to commit to this test for one month, eliminating everything else from your life, I can't see why you can't pull it off and get a 30+. Sure, it will be stressful at times, but you'll also free up your spring semester, so you can enjoy that trip.

If I were in your shoes, I would take a practice test pretty soon, and see where you stand. Good luck!