Test is in four days, freaking out because I don't know everything

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
But I guess knowing everything is unreasonable, right?

Oh wait I forgot this is SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

I imagine this is what it feels like for a barner before a bama game :D

Edit: chillax, seems like you're primed to do well

Last edited:

Ha... well, at least looking at the SDN peeps has definitely encouraged me to study harder than I thought was possible... but you seem to be pretty well-prepared overall, and I'm sure you'll do great.

Hey don't worry I feel the same way. My test is on Friday and I feel like there is just too much more to know. Just try to stay calm and keep reviewing FA and do questions. Its not possible to know everything but it is possible to know the HY stuff and the stuff we know the exam is gonna test us on. Exercise helps me alot so I've been doing p90x lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
The scope of the main test might give you a better opportunity to score better than any of the assessments just because of the fact that it has way more number of questions to makeup even if you lost on a few vs an assessment with limited everything.

The fact that most felt that the real test was if not easier wasn't atleast harder than the hardest of the question banks or assessments. The familiarity with a question bank can never be undermined to make you feel at home on the Dday.

I am in the same boat and this is whatI am telling myself!

Just wanted to chime in and say "me too!" I'm taking this Thursday and I'm just not even sure what to do right now... except be on SDN haha

Just wanted to chime in and say "me too!" I'm taking this Thursday and I'm just not even sure what to do right now... except be on SDN haha

I hear you...I'm trying to get thru reading FA one last time...I'm just ready to get this OVER!!

Frequent visit to sdn forum is only going to make things worse, just keep reviewing your weaknesses and don't study anything new. You have done your best and now just relax, and keep us posted after ur exam :luck:

The scope of the main test might give you a better opportunity to score better than any of the assessments just because of the fact that it has way more number of questions to makeup even if you lost on a few vs an assessment with limited everything.

This really makes me feel better. I still wonder how the NBME forms are so dam close to predicting your score on the actual test

Oh this is where all the panicked people hang out? Cool!! What up guys? :laugh:

12 days til dooms day and I'm panicking big time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of the 3 digit score? is that huge??? haha I'm sorry, I take it back.

I want as many points as I can get! Gimme! om nom nom! haha

in all seriousness tho, depending on where you are on the scale, 5 points can be a BIG deal. I don't think anyone on this site is in fear of failing but a few points can make a difference.

Doesn't 243 sound SOOO much better than 238? Just like 99cents is wayyyyy less than $1.00 :laugh:

Doesn't 243 sound SOOO much better than 238? Just like 99cents is wayyyyy less than $1.00 :laugh:

Or 218 vs. 223... the difference between "above average" and "below average." Honestly, I think I might be happier with a 215 than a 219 (as small as the difference may be)... if I get a 219, I'll constantly be thinking "aaahhhh... I was only 3 points short of being above average..."

On the other hand, this is SDN... "average" is akin to "failing."

Or 218 vs. 223... the difference between "above average" and "below average." Honestly, I think I might be happier with a 215 than a 219 (as small as the difference may be)... if I get a 219, I'll constantly be thinking "aaahhhh... I was only 3 points short of being above average..."

On the other hand, this is SDN... "average" is akin to "failing."

I wonder how many people at SDN exaggerate their scores. Or may be i am the only idiot who is not getting 230+.