MCAT Test Prep Week Raffle: Win an online MCAT Course with 3 months access (worth $150)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
courses-icon.png

3 months access to the online MCAT Crash Course by Gold Standard MCAT will be given away to 3 winners for free! Simply participate in this thread during the SDN Test Prep Week on September 19-23, 2016 by telling us the following:

(1) Which section of the MCAT exam do you feel most prepared for?

(2) How can this program help you prepare better for the MCAT

Alternatively, you can ask us any questions about this course.

Our MCAT Crash Course is 100% online and ideal for those who wish to review the most important and frequently tested topics, as well as the most likely questions encountered, in the MCAT. Our materials are reviewed annually (every Fall) based on post-MCAT feedback from students, new AAMC publications or online postings and collaboration with candidates who have recently aced the MCAT (131-132 score in the respective sections).

This program includes:
  • Psychology, Sociology, MCAT Math, Physics, General and Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biology e-books with chapter review questions with helpful explanations.

• MCAT CARS program with techniques, advice and hundreds of practice questions

• Access to 30+ hours online MCAT videos on Physics, Biology, General and Organic Chemistry*

• 2 full-length MCAT practice tests**

• More than 3000+ practice questions

• An MCAT study schedule (optional) that you can use as a guide to maximize your learning from the program.

*For copyright reasons, our online videos use the same technology as YouTube, so an internet connection is necessary. You can watch the videos an unlimited number of times during your access period.

**When you review the answers and explanations, each of our practice questions has a comment field where you can join the discussion about that particular problem. You can share your experiences with other candidates or post clarificatory questions to our test writers.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello and thank you for all your valuable resources! Your biochemistry summary was a great place to start my biochem preparation.
Regarding the questions:

1) Biology is where I feel I can more easily excel in this test. That being said, it only encompasses physiology and molecular biology. I do not feel that prepared when it comes to biochemistry.

2) I am very interested in your videos as they seem to be formatted based on the test format. The vast amount of practice questions look like a great way to reinforce the content and finally the FLs would be great to put everything together. I was not aware that your company offered extra CARS preparation, it is something that everybody is nervous about and I would love to be prepared for.

Reactions: 1 users
1). Biology part of the exam usually comes naturally except for some experimental interpretation which can come with practice.
2) Although I am looking forward to all the course books and videos, specifically I am looking forward to the CARS program which is my greatest weakness. The CARS program would definitely help me to at least score above average.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for posting this opportunity.

1.) I feel that Chemistry (particularly general and organic) will be my strongest area.

2.) I feel that the program can help me to better prepare for Biology and CARS.

1) I feel most confident in biology, mainly cell biology and molecular biology. A close second would be chemistry.

2) This opportunity can not only enhance what I already know, but also teach me the things I don't quite understand. It is a great resource for the MCAT, and I would be ecstatic to be able to utilize the course.

Hello and thank you for all your valuable resources! Your biochemistry summary was a great place to start my biochem preparation.
Regarding the questions:

1) Biology is where I feel I can more easily excel in this test. That being said, it only encompasses physiology and molecular biology. I do not feel that prepared when it comes to biochemistry.

2) I am very interested in your videos as they seem to be formatted based on the test format. The vast amount of practice questions look like a great way to reinforce the content and finally the FLs would be great to put everything together. I was not aware that your company offered extra CARS preparation, it is something that everybody is nervous about and I would love to be prepared for.

You are right, many students seem to struggle with CARS. Please, see our separate thread for MCAT CARS tips: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...tests-by-gold-standard-mcat-worth-70.1221797/

(1) I feel most prepared for CARS.

(2) I really need access to extra material to practice. I would also love to learn from the video content you have on your site as I am an extremely visual learner.

Also, as a side note, thank you so much for your summary cheat sheets! They have been extremely helpful for me in synthesizing the important information and having it all available in one place.

(1) I feel most prepared for CARS.

(2) I really need access to extra material to practice. I would also love to learn from the video content you have on your site as I am an extremely visual learner.

Also, as a side note, thank you so much for your summary cheat sheets! They have been extremely helpful for me in synthesizing the important information and having it all available in one place.

You are very welcome! Here they are if you ever need to access them again:

You are very welcome! Here they are if you ever need to access them again:
I have seen the physics Equation sheet but I did not about the Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry review summary. Thanks.
I do have one more question.

Q) I have seen that at least for me, knowing the reactions would not help in the real exam because in the real exam they ask organic chemistry question by mixing biology in it. How is your prep materials approach to master this part of the exam?

I have seen the physics Equation sheet but I did not about the Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry review summary. Thanks.
I do have one more question.

Q) I have seen that at least for me, knowing the reactions would not help in the real exam because in the real exam they ask organic chemistry question by mixing biology in it. How is your prep materials approach to master this part of the exam?

Of course, before you can reach MCAT-level practice, you must firm up your basic knowledge. We start with ebooks combined with very helpful Organic Chemistry videos which start with basics, like stereochemistry, and then build up to MCAT-level reasoning questions. Aside from the ebooks, videos and practice questions, of course we also have full-length practice exams which simulate the real exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.