Testing days available for Step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pitt1166

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I want to take step 3 in about 4 weeks time. I am on an easy rotation with time to study. However, it is taking some time for my application to be processed, so I have not yet been able to see what test days are available.

Could anyone clarify if I will likely be able to get a Step 3 test date about 3-4 weeks from now? Is the test available everyday/every week? Do the test dates fill up early?

I want to start studying now and buy a usmle world subcription, but I obviously don't want to do that unless I know that I'll be able to take the test in 3-4 weeks time.

The FSMB website is not very helpful, and I am not sure how long it's going to take them to process my application.

Any insight/info that you folks could offer would be eternally appreciated. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Just to clarify, I am talking about USMLE Step 3.

Anyone want to chime in? I will be forever grateful.

hi pitt: I know in my state, a lot of December dates are fully booked. You could call the local Prometric center and ask about availability, before you try to register?

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for the response. so much of december was booked... do you recall if there were any openings remaining in november?

What part of the country are you in? I am in the NYC metropolitan area. I am taking the test in late December, and I've seen that most of the November spots are already filled. Did you know that you can check available spots on Prometric without having been registered yet.

Last edited: