Testosterone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyisblue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does this make sense?

During puberty in males, testosterone is built up in the muscles and bones of males. Will testosterone continually be built up in the muslces and bones throughout lifetime?

Members don't see this ad.

Does this make sense?

During puberty in males, testosterone is built up in the muscles and bones of males. Will testosterone continually be built up in the muslces and bones throughout lifetime?

No, best way to visulaize testosteroine levels is to look at it like a gaussian shape curve (probably not accurate but it helps me visulaize it) and not exponential curve like you are saying. During puberty, the testosterone levels are high, that why you get secondary sexual charac (caused by adrogens), etc. But as a person get older, the amount of testosterone declines, only enough to maintain the characteristics.

Hope this helps!

No, best way to visulaize testosteroine levels is to look at it like a gaussian shape curve (probably not accurate but it helps me visulaize it) and not exponential curve like you are saying. During puberty, the testosterone levels are high, that why you get secondary sexual charac (caused by adrogens), etc. But as a person get older, the amount of testosterone declines, only enough to maintain the characteristics.

Hope this helps!

Thanks lonely. I think I was a bit tired so what I was reading at the time didn't quite sink in, but I figured it out when I woke up this morning. Thanks!