Texas A&M c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's ok! I'm super happy for you!

I have a couple other CS friends who haven't gotten theirs yet. Actually everyone I personally know in CS lol. Just hate waiting and the minor heart attack I get every day around mail time

Thanks! The mail is just being wonky. I'd be surprised if you didn't hear by Monday. :)

I GOT IN!!!! :soexcited::soexcited:

I'M GOING TO VET SCHOOL!!!:banana::love:

Yay! Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats guys!!
No OOS students have been called, right? There is always the possibility I got rejected but still.... ugh the anxiety is killing me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my letter up in Dallas!!! Texas A&M class of 2018 here I come! :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! I look forward to being classmates! :D Be sure to join the Facebook group!

So on TMDSAS I had my cstat address listed for contact but I guess since I go to A&M they sent it to the address they always do for correspondence. Which is my house in Houston! My mom didn't check the mail Friday or Saturday so she got it this morning!

What an awesome surprise! Congrats and can't wait to meet everyone in the fall! Whoop!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh that's nice. I graduated last year, we might have had classes together.

Probably I was a little behind because I screwed up the order of some of my classes. Just finished classes I needed to get the degree in Dec.

Probably I was a little behind because I screwed up the order of some of my classes. Just finished classes I needed to get the degree in Dec.
Ya I took my classes out of order too. I'm guessing you were an animal science major?

Ya I took my classes out of order too. I'm guessing you were an animal science major?

Yup! I just took all my prereqs first and then finished my degree. Congrats on getting in at A&M!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all y'all! Have fun with first year and don't be deceived by the relatively easy first semester. The second one is a total bitch!

In fact, I have a picture on my phone from yesterday so that my parents could see it.

Ha, I got a tinge of past exhilaration reading your letter!

Congrats to all y'all! Have fun with first year and don't be deceived by the relatively easy first semester. The second one is a total bitch!

That's totally true.

Relax and enjoy yourself and see your friends and family as much as you can between now and August. Life's about to get really busy. And don't forget to join the facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/295528300595793/

Congratulations!!!!!

Hey because of this thread I've decided to apply to TAMU (c/o 2019). Strongly hope to be Aggie too.

Well I've been here 9 years and can say it's an awesome place to be. Gets somewhat boring at times but that's what Austin and Houston are for.

I am in too! Can't wait to meet y'all!

I have a question regarding rabies vaccines. I can't go to Beutel since I am not currently enrolled at A&M.
I live in College Station and most of the local hospitals do not offer the pre-exposure rabies vaccines.
Need advise on where to get the shots.

Reactions: 1 users

I have a question regarding rabies vaccines. I can't go to Beutel since I am not currently enrolled at A&M.
I live in College Station and most of the local hospitals do not offer the pre-exposure rabies vaccines.

Congrats! As for the rabies, have you tried calling your insurance provider to see if they have a list of clinics that carry the vaccine?

When I lived in Cstat I went to Scott & White. They have a doctor there who specializes in travel medicine; got a bunch of vaccines and meds for some traveling including my rabies series. The guy was great and my insurance covered it all. Beutel won't take outside insurance plans even if you are a student (which I was at the time) so it made no sense to pay out the nose for it.

I GOT IN!! Just got my letter today =D

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, S&W will do the vaccinations. Will cost you about $500 all said and done and then insurance *might* cover a bit of it. 4 years ago they were not considered necessary for either work or school (even though vet school is both...) by BCBS insurance. Not sure about today.

When I lived in Cstat I went to Scott & White. They have a doctor there who specializes in travel medicine; got a bunch of vaccines and meds for some traveling including my rabies series. The guy was great and my insurance covered it all. Beutel won't take outside insurance plans even if you are a student (which I was at the time) so it made no sense to pay out the nose for it.

I actually don't have insurance at the moment. I might get one soon so I won't get fined. What insurance company do you have?

well i got rejected. any second time appliers get in? its hard to think about applying next year when it has been so stressful and agonizing this time around u_u

I actually don't have insurance at the moment. I might get one soon so I won't get fined. What insurance company do you have?
Yes, S&W will do the vaccinations. Will cost you about $500 all said and done and then insurance *might* cover a bit of it. 4 years ago they were not considered necessary for either work or school (even though vet school is both...) by BCBS insurance. Not sure about today.

Yeah I'm sure it depends on your insurer and perhaps how you argue it as well. Aetna covered the rabies plus all the others I got at the time.

well i got rejected. any second time appliers get in? its hard to think about applying next year when it has been so stressful and agonizing this time around u_u

Took me three tries to get in.

This was my second time applying. I highly suggest doing the post-rejection application review with Yolanda. Although I already knew what my weakest area was before I talked with her (vet experience), she brought up some other aspects of my application that could be improved that I had not really considered, such as better LOR writers. Don't give up! You can definitely get in on a second try :)

So, I live in Lubbock and I still haven't gotten any sort of letter in the mail. Anyone else out there not gotten theirs yet either? What's an appropriate amount of time to wait before I call and ask what's up? The anxiety is killing me....

So, I live in Lubbock and I still haven't gotten any sort of letter in the mail. Anyone else out there not gotten theirs yet either? What's an appropriate amount of time to wait before I call and ask what's up? The anxiety is killing me....

I don't think it would be an issue if you called on Monday. You might be able to call today, but since A&M is on Spring Break, I'm not sure if Yolanda would be in the office or not.

Hey, all! Just throwing it out there, but if anyone would be interested in going in on a place somewhere in CS with me, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm finding a lot of really nice, pet-friendly places for 2 or 3 people that would make rent $450 or less a month. I do have 2 dogs and a cat...which is part of the problem I'm running into with current vet students who have a bunch of pets. Other option is living alone...which is definitely more costly. :(

So, I'm trying to fill out my fafsa and I'm wondering if A&M's vet school has a different school code than A&M main campus. Anyone know the answer to this?? I don't want my financial aid packet to go towards the wrong place!:p

Also, anyone planning on attending the anatomy workshop? I would love to attend, but I seriously doubt I can get everything done and moved up to CS in time. :( Seriously starting to stress about all I have to do now that the news has had a chance to sink in, lol.

I am 100% with you LilHopefulVet. I filled out my fafsa as soon as I filed my taxes this year and for then just put the closest school I could find but I wondered the same thing.
I want to do the summer workshop too but I have the same concern about moving in time. I have a husband, 3 dogs over 100lbs, a cat and 13 chickens! =0 Of course we've been talking and planning how to do this move for a couple years but we're actually DOing it now! And I had to get every single vaccine required so I feel like a human pin cushion this week lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

I strongly recommend the anatomy workshop. It will help you first year.

I know this thread has all but died and no one has mentioned if they've been wait-listed, but if anyone has been, I hope you get the call this week! I'm so excited to get this party started. :highfive:

Congratulations to everyone who got in!!! That is so exciting! I am 6th on the alternate list, and am anxiously awaiting hearing back from the Vet School. Does anyone know around how many alternates they usually accept each year? I know it depends on the number of applicants who don't accept the offer of admissions, but I was just curious if it's normal for them to go past number 6!

General consensus is that if you're within the first 10 spots, you're pretty much golden. I hope that's the case this year, too, since it means you'll more than likely hear good news! Good luck! My fingers are crossed for you and all the other waitlisters! :)

I got my phone call yesterday, and I'll be seeing everyone in the Fall!!!! Whoop!!

Reactions: 3 users
Super congrats! Be sure to join the FB group. See you in August!

Thank you! What is the name of the FB group, I seem to be having trouble finding it!

Wait List moved. Friend of mine was 10 on the WL and got her call 2 days ago!