Texas A&M c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The same thing happened to me! Yea TAMU I get it. You don't want me. Don't need to keep rubbing it in.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Every time I got a new email from them my heart stopped..."oh maybe they made a mistake and I really got an invite...nope, just another kick in the teeth..."

Members don't see this ad.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Every time I got a new email from them my heart stopped..."oh maybe they made a mistake and I really got an invite...nope, just another kick in the teeth..."

I had the same reaction!

Hi all, got an interview in-state! I wish the best of luck to everyone else interviewing and offer many condolences to those who aren't :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an MMI format question...at A&M, will the interviewers ask questions about your answer if you don't take the entire time? I can't imagine going on about a single question for 8 minutes.

There may be follow-up questions or the interviewers may ask for clarification. You don't have to take the entire 6 minutes if you feel your answer is sufficient--just be sure to answer everything in the prompt. You'll get all this information plus more in the pre-interview training session thingy.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many days of interviews there are?

Also does anyone know if we are randomly assigned interview times/days, or is there some method?

Just curious :)

Only 2 days of interviews, the 8th and 9th. No idea if there is a method to the madness. I was assigned to an afternoon slot (4PM, I think) on the first day of interviews back when I applied. Take that as you will.

GOOD LUCK to everyone interviewing tomorrow and Saturday! Just remember to not stress too much (it goes by really quickly) and to take a deep breath before going into each room. I look forward to calling each of you my future colleague! :luck::luck::luck::claps:

Reactions: 2 users
GOOD LUCK to everyone interviewing tomorrow and Saturday! Just remember to not stress too much (it goes by really quickly) and to take a deep breath before going into each room. I look forward to calling each of you my future colleague! :luck::luck::luck::claps:

Finished the interview not feeling good about it at all I think there was only one room I felt I did well in. Only thing good about mmi is that it goes by before you even realize. Time really felt like it speeds up. :(

Finished the interview not feeling good about it at all I think there was only one room I felt I did well in. Only thing good about mmi is that it goes by before you even realize. Time really felt like it speeds up. :(

Try not to worry too much, I felt similar and I am sure most others did as well. It seemed to me that the interviewers had great "poker faces" and offered little obvious feedback into how you did. It sure seemed to take longer than normal for nervousness to settle down for me. The constant change in the audience reignites nerves for each following room which made it difficult to maintain focus on answering prompts. If you take a step back and look at how you are actually being assessed and the fact that likely everyone is just as nervous as we were it is actually a pretty fair process. Most people feel as though they didn't do well because we can look back at the questions and think of a million better responses than the ones we gave but the point of the whole thing was to get your initial thoughts and to observe how you initially process the situations. Try to put the whole thing out of your mind for now because we can't do anything about it now :)

I heard someone talking last weekend about an anatomy prep course during the summer for those who get into the vet school but haven't taken an anatomy course. Does anyone know details on this?

I heard someone talking last weekend about an anatomy prep course during the summer for those who get into the vet school but haven't taken an anatomy course. Does anyone know details on this?
You should get more information about the course in your acceptance packet. It is a month long course, I believe. Last year it was scheduled for june/july right up until school starts but information on dates/times from the instructor were not given until around that time. That is all I know about it. I know someone who took it last summer, and it really helped her.

You should get more information about the course in your acceptance packet. It is a month long course, I believe. Last year it was scheduled for june/july right up until school starts but information on dates/times from the instructor were not given until around that time. That is all I know about it. I know someone who took it last summer, and it really helped her.

So it's just a month long? She had made it out to be much longer but maybe I misheard...

Members don't see this ad :)
So it's just a month long? She had made it out to be much longer but maybe I misheard...
It may be 6 weeks but it won't be longer than that. It is an extremely fast-paced, intense course.

It may be 6 weeks but it won't be longer than that. It is an extremely fast-paced, intense course.

Yes, but very good from what I heard from classmates who took it. That said, though, I took anatomy in undergrad at A&M and felt well prepared without the summer course.

Did anyone hear about when/where to send thank you letters?

Last year Yolanda sent an email after the interviews and I haven't heard anything yet

Did anyone hear about when/where to send thank you letters?

Last year Yolanda sent an email after the interviews and I haven't heard anything yet
I emailed her about who I should send thank you's to the week after interviews and still haven't heard anything back :unsure:

Is it true we wont hear till march? The waiting is terrible!

Historically decisions have gone out around the first week of March. I think there's been two cycles in recent memory, most notably last cycle, where decisions were sent in February. I haven't heard one way or another for this year's class. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later for you guys!

Is it true we wont hear till march? I want to h
Historically decisions have gone out around the first week of March. I think there's been two cycles in recent memory, most notably last cycle, where decisions were sent in February. I haven't heard one way or another for this year's class. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later for you guys!
Have out of staters traditionally heard at the same time as in staters?

OOS applicants typically hear before ISers. Maybe a week or so before? I don't know if that was the case for last year's cycle.

OOS applicants typically hear before ISers. Maybe a week or so before? I don't know if that was the case for last year's cycle.
Thanks. I am just so eager to hear. I interviewed, and absolutely fell in love with the school and the people

FYI: I personally know someone on the selection committee and they said they would be picking next years class this week! (They said this on Monday) Good luck!!

FYI: I personally know someone on the selection committee and they said they would be picking next years class this week! (They said this on Monday) Good luck!!

Thats awesome!!! So that means they are going to pick on the 15th? I wonder how long its going to take to hear after that! I am so anxious to hear...

Thanks for the heads up :)

From what I've heard, the class has just been picked--probably happened today! Hopefully y'all will hear something soon! Fingers crossed

Reactions: 3 users
Oh my LAWD! How am I supposed to concentrate on anything now?

Reactions: 1 users
From what I've heard, the class has just been picked--probably happened today! Hopefully y'all will hear something soon! Fingers crossed

Wow that's so early!! Does it usually happen this early?

Wow that's so early!! Does it usually happen this early?

Last year IS students heard around mid- to late-February (~15-20th?). In some of the older cycles people usually heard in March, but in a few of the most recent cycles they seem to have been moving the timeline closer to late February. :)

Thanks for the info! And now the waiting game starts - again. :whistle::)

Last year IS students heard around mid- to late-February (~15-20th?). In some of the older cycles people usually heard in March, but in a few of the most recent cycles they seem to have been moving the timeline closer to late February. :)

AHHH I am losing my mind haha. How are y'all passing the time??

BUT WHEN WILL THE OOS PEOPLE HEAR???????????

So heard that the new class should be notified soon!! So excited for all of you!!!

Last year's letters went out on Feb 18th, which was a Wednesday. If the rumors about them already knowing who will be accepted in the class of 2020 are true then perhaps we will hear this sometime soon???

Getting nervous/exited all at the same time. A part of me wants to know, but another part says ignorance is bliss and is enjoying the limbo state.

Also to clear the OOS question up, last year they heard a few days before IS applicants.

Good luck to all and enjoy not knowing for a few more days :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they posted stats for who they have interviewed for this cycle yet? Like how many people they interviewed IS/OOS?

Does anyone know if they posted stats for who they have interviewed for this cycle yet? Like how many people they interviewed IS/OOS?

They told us at the interview that they had 610 applicants and interviewed 240 of them. Don't know anything about IS/OOS stats though.

If I remember correctly, last year we found out on February 18th which was a Wednesday via email. The email said to open an attachment which was the letter (much like the one they sent out about interviews) and was dated February 13th (the Friday before). The OOS students found out the Wednesday before (2/11) that via phone call. I think my packet came around the 20th or 21st (either that Friday or Saturday). I have absolutely no idea if that's how this year will shake out (because last year was definitely not the same time line as the past), but maybe it'll be around the same timeline. It takes them a few days to get everything organized to send out, but it is worth the wait.

I remember how crazy this time felt too, and don't worry---it's normal to feel a bunch of emotions (or at least it was for me). Try to do something that will take your mind off of it (it's REALLY hard to do... I was terrible at it), but even the littlest distractor may help. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I heard today that OOS students were called Sunday... Hopefully we will hear soon then?!

Ummm guys...... CHECK YOUR EMAILS..... RIGHT MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACCEPTED!!! But going somewhere else...Hopefully one of you guys gets my seat

ACCEPTED!! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU GUYS!!

Reactions: 4 users
Whoo, congrats!!! So excited to welcome the new Aggie Vet class! And y'all get to enjoy the new school for all 3 years! Lucky ducks! If anyone has any questions or anything, please do not hesitate to PM me!

Hey Guys, I got alternate number 3. Do you think I have any chance at getting in? I'm from out of state and Texas A and M is my first choice. :shrug:

Hey Guys, I got alternate number 3. Do you think I have any chance at getting in? I'm from out of state and Texas A and M is my first choice. :shrug:
I still need to call to give up my IS seat...so depending on if they have separate wait lists for IS and OOS, you might be 2 after I call....GOOD LUCK!!!

I still need to call to give up my IS seat...so depending on if they have separate wait lists for IS and OOS, you might be 2 after I call....GOOD LUCK!!!

I'm trying to call in and find out right now. That's very sweet of you to say though. Thanks :)