Texas A&M Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lame/;

Members don't see this ad.

I called this morning and they said it'll take them about a week or two to send acceptance calls.
I just called them and they said they will start sending out offers TOMORROW!!! Be positive guys!!! Goodluck!!!! :happy::)

Really?! I called student affairs. It's weird how they're giving different answers but the earlier the better!
I just called them and they said they will start sending out offers TOMORROW!!! Be positive guys!!! Goodluck!!!! :happy::)
! !

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay how exciting! Lets keep our fingers crossed! Hopefully all is good news :happy::soexcited:

Really?! I called student affairs. It's weird how they're giving different answers but the earlier the better!

! !
I called the College of Pharmacy. I'm not sure if it's the same office you called but I hope we'll hear from them tomorrow.

I just got an email from A&M saying I was accepted! Funny they didn't call me first... but oh well. I'm happy! Haha :)

Wait really? Are you joking?
No, I'm not joking! I thought they told us they would call us, but I guess not. Here's what the email I got said:

Congratulations! On behalf of the Texas A&M Health Science Center Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy, located on the Texas A&M University-Kingsville and Bryan/College Station campuses, I am pleased to offer you admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program beginning in the 2014 Fall Semester. Pending approval from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, I am also pleased to inform you that you have been selected to attend the Bryan/College Station campus.

Your admission is contingent upon: 1) maintaining or improving your present grade point average in the pre-pharmacy course requirements; 2) successfully completing all necessary pre-pharmacy coursework with a grade of “C” or better before the first day of classes in the fall; and 3) successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screening. Note that failure to complete all required coursework and satisfy all stated admission conditions before the first day of classes will invalidate this offer.

Additionally, official transcripts from all institutions attended must be submitted upon acceptance of the offer of admission. If you are currently enrolled in the Spring 2014 semester you must submit official transcripts for coursework completed by June 13, 2014. If you enroll in summer classes, an official transcript indicating the completion of all required coursework must be received by July 25, 2014.

In order to reserve your seat in the Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy for the Class of 2018, you must confirm your acceptance of this admission offer by returning the following documents in the enclosed postage-paid envelope provided within this FedEx package: theAcceptance Card; the signed Technical Standards for the Completion of the Curriculum document; the IPPE and APPE Statement of Understanding; the Immunization and Vaccination Form; the Student Privacy Notice; the Bacterial Meningitis Acknowledgement Form; and the Verification of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization. All documents must be received, not postmarked, in the Office of Student Affairs by the due date of March 3, 2014. In addition, please pay the required, nonrefundable $500 deposit via the Touch Net website: http://goo.gl/DHdZ0.

If you accept this admission offer, you will be contacted at a future date to begin preparations for your arrival. Materials related to your enrollment in the Doctor of Pharmacy program will also be sent to you. Once accepted, students are required to complete a criminal background check within ten days of their acceptance. Should you have questions or need additional information regarding the Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at: (361) 221-0648. Additionally, you may choose to visit our web site: http://pharmacy.tamhsc.edu/.

Congratulations on your admission to the 2018 Class! My faculty and staff colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you to our professional pharmacy program. We are committed to providing a rich and challenging environment for your intellectual growth. I offer my best wishes to you for continued success in your preparation for professional pharmacy practice.

Sincerely,

Indra K. Reddy, Ph.D.

Professor and Founding Dean

Good luck to everyone else!

If anyone was wondering about my stats, I interviewed Jan. 23rd, 3.86 GPA , 95 composite PCAT, ~100 hours volunteering at a hospital, licensed pharm tech (haven't worked as a tech though), member of pre-health org for 3 years, about to complete bachelor's degree this semester. Interview went great.

No, I'm not joking! I thought they told us they would call us, but I guess not. Here's what the email I got said:

Good luck to everyone else!

If anyone was wondering about my stats, I interviewed Jan. 23rd, 3.86 GPA , 95 composite PCAT, ~100 hours volunteering at a hospital, licensed pharm tech (haven't worked as a tech though), member of pre-health org for 3 years, about to complete bachelor's degree this semester. Interview went great.
That's great! Are you planning on accepting the offer?

I'm waiting to hear back from other schools first. If I get in to UT, I will likely decline.
Congrats on your acceptance! I literally just checked my email after reading your post and there it was, an acceptance letter sitting in my inbox!

Reactions: 1 user
I received the same email! Going to College Station :) see y'all there!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here also got an acceptance letter too! Didn't a phone call either.

Got accepted also though I was assigned to Kingsville and not my first option of college station, oh well I guess it would be better to have the 2nd and 3rd year students close by.

Last edited:
I just keep refreshing my e-mail ugh:((

Got accepted also though I was assigned to Kingsville and not my fist option of college station, oh well I guess it would be better to have the 2nd and 3rd year students close by.
If somebody that was assigned the college station campus declines, I'm sure they'll bump you up for that spot :)

I interviewed February 6 and I was accepted. I was there at the 10:30 time slot.

Will they be sending out more acceptances tomorrow?

Congratulations to those who got accepted!! Usually they send out acceptance emails to the top candidates and then once those people start rejecting their offers then they would make calls. Calls will go out as far as even a couple of weeks before school starts as long as people continue to reject their offer and seats need to be filled.

If somebody that was assigned the college station campus declines, I'm sure they'll bump you up for that spot :)

I hope that's how it works, I wouldn't mind going to Kingsville, It's just that I'm from Dallas area so College station is much closer to friends and family.

I got accepted as well to Kingsville eventhough I preferred College Station so I can stay close to home but Kingsville is actually a better choice. I'm happy that I got accepted to Kingsville.

I was accepted today for the College Station campus, which is cool, though now I'm not sure if that's a good idea....I kinda don't like the idea of being a guinea pig

I was accepted today for the College Station campus, which is cool, though now I'm not sure if that's a good idea....I kinda don't like the idea of being a guinea pig
Me too… I first wanted to go to College station since it is closer to home but after the interview I kinda regretted my decision on choosing Collage station. The reason is because it is more like distance education for those students in College station. they will broadcast live lectures from Kingsville :(

When I was at my interview I check marked that I'd only go there if I was admitted to go to college station...not sure why I did that, just heat of the moment. Though honestly I'm crossing my fingers that UT sends me an invitation and if not, I've already accepted Houston and might just continue with that.

When I was at my interview I check marked that I'd only go there if I was admitted to go to college station...not sure why I did that, just heat of the moment. Though honestly I'm crossing my fingers that UT sends me an invitation and if not, I've already accepted Houston and might just continue with that.
Great!!! :D best of luck with UT.

btw, I like your name "Kenshin0011" lol I'm a Kenshin fan too :)

thanks everyone for your responses and congrats. I was just hoping that they were still sending out acceptance e-mails but I guess not. there's always next year I guess. and congrats to everyone again.

btw, I like your name "Kenshin0011" lol I'm a Kenshin fan too :)

Haha, thanks! I've used it for every site with usernames since...well since I started using the internet in late middle school lol. I actually just bought the series on DVD from ebay to show to my gf, haven't seen it since high school.

thanks everyone for your responses and congrats. I was just hoping that they were still sending out acceptance e-mails but I guess not. there's always next year I guess. and congrats to everyone again.

I doubt that they are done sending invites, plus there will be more sent when people decline. Don't give up all hope

When giving points, do they look at overall GPA or science/math GPA? Anyone know?

I didn't get anything *phantom crying* ... I hope I hear back from them. This is my first choice. But congrats to everyone else!

Well, I wonder if they sent out all acceptances?

I interviewed on Feb 6th and found the email in my spam around 9pm today (it was sent out around 3:30). IT WAS AN ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!! I'm 90% sure I will accept the offer. If anyone is looking for a male roomate let me know!

I interviewed on Feb 6th and found the email in my spam around 9pm today (it was sent out around 3:30). IT WAS AN ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!! I'm 90% sure I will accept the offer. If anyone is looking for a male roomate let me know!

If I decide on T-AM then I'm interested especially if we could find like 3-4 people, it would really keep costs down, maybe even carpool.

Got my email today. Anyone has an idea of cost of tuition for a semester?