Texas A&M Pharmacy C/O 2019 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Like 15 minutes from Rio Grande City.... Na I went to TAMIU in Laredo

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was a tough decision but I just emailed Dr. Sawyer to give up my spot. Good luck to everyone who decide to attend the school. Texas A&M SOP is a great school and I'm sure you guys will love it!

It was a tough decision but I just emailed Dr. Sawyer to give up my spot. Good luck to everyone who decide to attend the school. Texas A&M SOP is a great school and I'm sure you guys will love it!

Have you decided on a different school? Best of luck to you!

I felt it went kinda okay, it got a bit awkward but that was it

Have you decided on a different school? Best of luck to you!
Thanks. I actually like Texas A&M SOP a lot but I will be also trying to do the dual Pharm.D./MBA degree program in pharmacy school. I found out today that the MBA degree will be granted by Texas A&M Kingsville and not Texas A&M itself, so that was the deciding factor for me. I think I'm going to be going to Texas Tech, and I still haven't ruled out UH because I'm from Houston. Had I been accepted to College Station, I would still strongly consider A&M because it's closer to Houston than Kingsville, but I was also told today from Admissions that once a student is accepted to a particular campus, the decision is pretty much final and that's where you'll have to go.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks. I actually like Texas A&M SOP a lot but I will be also trying to do the dual Pharm.D./MBA degree program in pharmacy school. I found out today that the MBA degree will be granted by Texas A&M Kingsville and not Texas A&M itself, so that was the deciding factor for me. I think I'm going to be going to Texas Tech, and I still haven't ruled out UH because I'm from Houston. Had I been accepted to College Station, I would still strongly consider A&M because it's closer to Houston than Kingsville, but I was also told today from Admissions that once a student is accepted to a particular campus, the decision is pretty much final and that's where you'll have to go.

When was your interview with Tech?

@babyfox_1121 naw, I haven't heard back. Kinda feel like I've lost hope lol
If I heard it correctly (from the Admissions people) Zelev, they have only sent out offers to the 50 highest ranked applicants (based on GPA/PCAT/interview/LORs/work and volunteer experience). Those who were accepted this past Friday have to pay a deposit by this Friday or have to give up their seat. So don't lose hope. I'm sure a bunch more offers will be coming out next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you @LPT2014! That helps me relax :joyful:
Yeah, that was only the first round. There will be many more to come! :) I remembered hearing Dr Sawyer said the process will run all the way into March and even April. Good luck to you!

congratulation for everyone got accept!

anyone know when does next round start? ( I think usually at the begin of deadline to deposit for the first round?) So anyone know the deadline to deposit for the first round?(March3,4?)

congratulation for everyone got accept!

anyone know when does next round start? ( I think usually at the begin of deadline to deposit for the first round?) So anyone know the deadline to deposit for the first round?(March3,4?)

Deadline to pay the admissions deposit is Feb. 27th

Guys if you haven't heard back yet DONT panic, our class had people accepted up until July and then another person a week before school started. Don't ever lose hope!!! You still have plenty of time to hear back ☺️

A little heads up guys, the background check and drug test are going to run you another $100. I just finished ordering mine. They only send the link once you pay the deposit though.

I thought I would be hearing from them today. Do adcom meet every Friday?

I paid my background check & drug test too. But how does that work? Do they mail something to you to take to a lab?

I paid on Saturday and havent gotten anything via email for the upcoming days.

I thought I would be hearing from them today. Do adcom meet every Friday?
From what I understand they sent out offers to the first 50/60 students. Everything at this COP is done by ranking. So basically the ones with the highest points got calls/emails. The students who reject the offer will be taken off the list and the remaining students will be filled in. Since the offers were sent out Friday I'm sure they will be looking at how many people accept or deny offers this week. Don't give up hope!! And if a "361-221" number calls ANSWER IT! :)

I paid my background check & drug test too. But how does that work? Do they mail something to you to take to a lab?
The site that takes care of the background checks will send a link where u can schedule an appointment to get the drug test. It takes about a day to be processed. But once that is done we don't have to worry about getting it to the school. It is sent automatically to the COP.

Okay thanks! Also, I haven't gotten all the hepatitis shots or the MMR or Varicella, how am I supposed to mail in the form if the vaccines have to be spaced out 1month and 5 months apart

I paid on Saturday and havent gotten anything via email for the upcoming days.
I paid Friday once I got the email & I didn't get the additional links till today. You should be getting it either tomorrow or Wednesday

Ok thanks glitterpharm23 hopefully i get it tomorrow so i can get it done and sent out as well

Okay thanks! Also, I haven't gotten all the hepatitis shots or the MMR or Varicella, how am I supposed to mail in the form if the vaccines have to be spaced out 1month and 5 months apart
That I'm not sure about since I recieved those when I was a kid. I'm sure you can call the COP and they can let you know more. It takes awhile though so I wouldn't sleep on it. :)

Congrats to those who got in! For those who haven't heard yet, don't panic they are not done sending out offers and some people will reject their seat giving up a spot for someone else to get in. A Facebook page has not been started so if someone can start one that would be great! The website links have everything you need to do your various tests and if you are over 22 you do not have to redo a meningitis vaccine. You simple sign a waiver form. If you need to retake shots the health department offers them for very cheap as well as express clinics. $500 for deposit is not bad as well for I know some schools with the deposit being over $1000.00+. Is there anyone from the college station group commuting to school??

I am looking for an apartment at college station, any suggestions?

A friend of mine lived in meadows point over in college station... Its pretty close to campus and she never complained about the price. The rooms were very nice and the staff was friendly. Not to sure how close it is to the pharmacy building though.

I will be looking for a female roommate at college campus. Is there a FB page yet?

First off, congrats to all those who got accepted!!

To calm people down about getting forms sent in on time, the College of Pharmacy WILL work with you once you are accepted. All you have to do is just call them. If you cannot get your meningitis, immunization records and other forms sent in by the deadline that they give you, just give them a call and ask for an extension. Once they know you are committed to A&M, you don't have to panic as much. The most important thing to send on time is the attendance/registration card that is sent to you in your acceptance package, which confirms that you will be attending RCOP, and the $500 deposit. Hope this helps. Will be here to answer more questions. Good luck to all those who are still waiting. Keep the faith alive.

hey guys, I made a Facebook page for the class of 2019, its a public page, so if you would like to look it on Faceook its under Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy - Class of 2019... or you can add/message me on Facebook and I'll add you to it. My name is Valerie Anyssa Guerra

I am looking for an apartment at college station, any suggestions?
Depends on how much you're willing to pay and whether or not you want roommates. I live in University Trails and it's one of the better prices you'll find and I'm living here next year again. It's about a 5 minute drive from school so its not bad

They will work with you and if you need a series of vaccines that need to be spaced out by a few months, you can still start the program and then you just have to get them at your scheduled time while you're in school.

Yeah I am. Not too much but maybe 4 days a month or so. Depending on the workload & how I adjust.

hey guys, I made a Facebook page for the class of 2019, its a public page, so if you would like to look it on Faceook its under Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy - Class of 2019... or you can add/message me on Facebook and I'll add you to it. My name is Valerie Anyssa Guerra
I just joined it!

Reactions: 1 users
Depends on how much you're willing to pay and whether or not you want roommates. I live in University Trails and it's one of the better prices you'll find and I'm living here next year again. It's about a 5 minute drive from school so its not bad

Do you have to find your own roommate to live there?

Do you have to find your own roommate to live there?
No. You can (try looking for a roommate on the fb page) and they also have roommate matching. I know that they give you the option of rooming with someone who is also in grad school so that may be helpful

No. You can (try looking for a roommate on the fb page) and they also have roommate matching. I know that they give you the option of rooming with someone who is also in grad school so that may be helpful

Thank you so much. That's very helpful.

Thank you so much. That's very helpful.
Yep, I would look into them. The rooms are pretty big and I'm paying less rent as other people here. I like it as a place to live. BTW, if you end up signing, let me know so you can put my name down that I referred you :p

Yep, I would look into them. The rooms are pretty big and I'm paying less rent as other people here. I like it as a place to live. BTW, if you end up signing, let me know so you can put my name down that I referred you :p

Sure, I will visit the campus next month.
BTW, do you mind sharing some info about the class schedule for the first year?

Sure, I will visit the campus next month.
BTW, do you mind sharing some info about the class schedule for the first year?

Sure! Fall semester you will take Biochemistry, Patient Care, Principals of Drug Action I, Comminications, Healthcare, Physiology, and Calculations. There's also IPPE (basically service learning hours and trainings on how to do blood pressure and glucose screenings) and Forum/Deans Hour where we have guest speakers on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Spring semester there's Pharmaceutics, Biostats/Pharmacoepidemiology, Drug Action II, Self-Care, and Law&Ethics. And IPPE II and the same deans hour and forum. The course load is heavier in the fall and better in the spring. I know I felt overwhelmed with all the classes in the fall semester and I had to learn to adjust my study habits big time. But everything is manageable once you get into the swing of things! :)