Texas A&M Pre-req's online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prxm08

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there, all! I did a search before this and found a few answers, but nothing that quite covered my situation.

I'm a non-trad working full time and getting a degree in business form Penn State. The thing is that it's all online. I don't have the flexibility at the moment to attend a school that requires that I sit down in a classroom several times a week.

I've already taken bio 1 w/ lab, chem 1 and 2 w/ lab, and those were in person at a 4 year university. I'm signed up for animal nutrition next year at SFA (the course is listed as acceptable on the A&M pre-reqs) but it's online. I'm also looking at taking genetics next semester through Empire State College (SUNY) which is also clearly online. I'm considering cramming physics 1 in to the gap between fall and spring semester, and that would be through NEU. I'll be taking upper level stats as part of my business degree, but that's an online class.

In short, most of pre-reqs are going to be online. Is this going to screw me? Clearly I need to run a few of these by TAMU to see if they're accepted at all, but after that, I want to make sure that I'm not going to be shooting myself in the foot when the AdCom sees that I happened to take classes in 4 different schools in two semesters. Are there any classes in particular that should definitely be taken in person? I read in one thread that organic 1 and 2 should probably be done in person. Any others?

Thank yall for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

This is straight from the website: "A limited number of correspondence courses may be acceptable as satisfying specified course requirements." If I recall from when I was applying, correspondence included online courses.

Your best bet would be to contact admissions before you start enrolling in these courses.

This is straight from the website: "A limited number of correspondence courses may be acceptable as satisfying specified course requirements." If I recall from when I was applying, correspondence included online courses.

Your best bet would be to contact admissions before you start enrolling in these courses.

Oh man- I'm feeling pretty solidly sheepish now. Searching "correspondence" instead of "online" pretty much answered everything. Thank you.