texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joex32002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, how "good" of a program is Texas A&M? Or perhaps I might ask: is this a "hard" program to get into or an "extremely hard" program to get into?

Moreover, if "easier" programs (I know this is subjective, but take that as not-Harvard or Stanford programs let's say) pass you by on interviews...should I be worried about matching in general? Or is it so complicated that I should just brush it off in the upcoming interview season?

Members don't see this ad.

joex,

i would not read too much into a&m's decision to not offer an interview. i'm a current PGY-2 at an integrated plastics program. when i was interviewing, i found no pattern or reason as to why certain programs offered me an interview while others did not. stay optimistic but always remember to have a "lifeboat" just in case the chips fall the wrong way.

no idea here..my knowledge is 7 years old now and i dont think i applied there. did interview at UTSW tho...think everyone has stories about that place

Members don't see this ad :)
To OP: Is it not a bit early to assume S&W is not going to offer you an interview? Or did you get a rejection e-mail? If not, I wouldn't lose hope, as Dean's letters have not gone out yet.

thanks guys, i think waiting will be the toughest part.

i did not get a formal rejection email, but i hear from everyone that pretty much no news on an offer day is "bad news". guess i'll just TRY to sit tight and wait for a few more weeks before worrying too much.

i was on last years plasticseducation forums and saw that some people put down their "stats" ... i was kinda surprised that when some ppl said they got an offer from great programs, say stanford, their stats weren't necesarily 260+/yes AOA/VIP LORs/lots of pubs...which made me feel a bit better because i took it to support the ramdomness of the process and that it somehow wasn't as logical as we all may think.