Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! I'm nervous and excited for my first year of pharmacy school. Do you suggest living with or without a roommate first year and what about joining frats?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I'm nervous and excited for my first year of pharmacy school. Do you suggest living with or without a roommate first year and what about joining frats?

hi! You should really join the facebook page. There are current students there that will answer your questions withun minutes. They have been incredibly helpful. There's a link to the page on page,10 of this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a list of possible rotation sites? I was just wondering what was around Austin.
Class of 2013 here; I'm assigned to the Round Rock(Austin) region for my P4 year.

We seem to have lost some of the sites the class of 2012 had for their APPE.
As far as I know, the only rotations that are in Austin proper are electives.
All of our core electives are either in Round Rock or Georgetown, with some even in Taylor.

Class of 2013 here; I'm assigned to the Round Rock(Austin) region for my P4 year.

All of our core electives are either in Round Rock or Georgetown, with some even in Taylor.

There are still sites in the valley correct?

Any updates? :(

I spoke with the admissions people yesterday, and they mentioned to me that at the moment, we have a full class of admissions for the class of 2016. However, they added that even though the list is full, there should still be some movement on the list. In previous years, admitted students get taken off the wait list for their preferred schools and change course even after sending in their A&M deposit.

In short, things are going to slow down a little bit, but it won't stop completely. Don't lose hope and write things off yet, but be sure to consider your back-up plans (ie: locking down prospective pharm tech jobs, taking the PTCB exam, etc...)

Best of wishes.

--Garfield3d

Last edited:
Withdrew my admission today... Good luck to all the waiters :)

Is the Austin VA still available? That was ambulatory care (required).

Anyway, what could have possibly been lost for that area? The region had very few sites for 2012.

CVS - Georgetown
S&W - retail in RR
S&W hospital in RR (I could not get a rotation there so I had to go elsewhere)
Seton in RR
VA in Austin
Hospital in Taylor added at the end of the year
People's Pharmacy in Austin
*ONE* spot for a rotation with the state board for the whole year

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to liven things up a bit and say that I got my call yesterday; so to everyone out there still waiting, keep your fingers crossed and your eyes on your phone because you might be the next person. :)

Received a call from Ms. Gamboa yesterday. Got excited when I saw the 361 number, but she called to ask me to update my application profile only. Le sigh.

Surprised nobody is talking about A&M yet. Thought I would give it a bump.

PharmB? Calling out to pharmB....

FYI to all those planning to apply.

"Effective Fall 2012, prospective students will apply for admission to the Texas A&M Health Science Center Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program through PharmCAS. The College’s Admission website modifications, PharmCAS School Page, and the PharmCAS Application are tentatively scheduled to be available by August 31, 2012. This year’s application deadline will be December 3, 2012."

Surprised nobody is talking about A&M yet. Thought I would give it a bump.

PharmB? Calling out to pharmB....

One of my last acts as a moderator was to amend this thread's title. ;)

The school is currently undergoing a big administrative change, with the Health Science Center moving under the flagship Texas A&M University. If there are no significant barriers, we will officially be Aggies later this year or next. :D

I personally am pretty excited about this, but some of my classmates are not. Can't please everyone. ;)

One selling point for the school: We're one of two schools in the Top 50 that are under forty years old.

FYI to all those planning to apply.

"Effective Fall 2012, prospective students will apply for admission to the Texas A&M Health Science Center Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program through PharmCAS. The College’s Admission website modifications, PharmCAS School Page, and the PharmCAS Application are tentatively scheduled to be available by August 31, 2012. This year’s application deadline will be December 3, 2012."

This PharmCAS business surprised me. Good luck with all that. One of the reasons I applied to Texas A&M was specifically because they did NOT use PharmCAS. I like the simple process of sending in the appropriate forms, personal statements, etc. But, like the switch to being Aggies... to each their own. :shrug: :smuggrin:

This PharmCAS business surprised me. Good luck with all that. One of the reasons I applied to Texas A&M was specifically because they did NOT use PharmCAS. I like the simple process of sending in the appropriate forms, personal statements, etc. But, like the switch to being Aggies... to each their own. :shrug: :smuggrin:

Heard that the residency thing is switching to "PhORCAS"... I bet you're gonna love that, @pharmB.

Are there rotation sites in Dallas/Fort Worth area?

From what I remember there were some spots in Dallas/Ft. Worth. However, with Tech and UNT coming in the near future, rotation spots will probably be limited. There are a number in the Waco/Temple area, but a current student could speak better than I could.

As a side note: I am against the dissolution of the HSC!!! BOOOOOO!!!! There I said it.

I've received an interview invitation for Jan 30th. Anyone else? Is there a more recent Texas A&M pharmacy thread?